Social Experiment - the Muslims

What evidence do you have that proves "America is one of the least tolerant societies in existence?" Please share.

See above post. That is one bit of evidence. Likewise, I see it on a daily basis in the treatment, by general society, of those with mental disorders, of the deaf, and of those with any difference that deviates from America's idea of the norm. I assume you are asking for evidence per my personal experience. However, if you wish to have academic sources, simply Google the topic and you will find numerous professional, academic, peer reviewed articles based on research that support my supposition. You can limit your search to sociology, anthropology, and/or social psychology, if you wish.

See above post. That is one bit of evidence.
Anecdotal examples are not "proof" that the current nation of USA is "one of the least tolerant societies in existence." That's just hyperbole.

Likewise, I see it on a daily basis in the treatment, by general society, of those with mental disorders, of the deaf, and of those with any difference that deviates from America's idea of the norm. I assume you are asking for evidence per my personal experience.
No, I'm not. Since you compared America with "societies in existence" you gave it a worldwide position. That goes beyond personal experience.

If we based it on personal experience, I would have to say that my experiences are different from your experiences.

No, I want measurable proof of the tolerance ratings of all the "societies in existence."

However, if you wish to have academic sources, simply Google the topic and you will find numerous professional, academic, peer reviewed articles based on research that support my supposition. You can limit your search to sociology, anthropology, and/or social psychology, if you wish.
I did, and I found just as many sites that refute your supposition.

Since you made the charge against America, it's up to you to prove it. I'm not going to do your homework for you.

Anecdotal examples are not "proof" that the current nation of USA is "one of the least tolerant societies in existence." That's just hyperbole.
You asked for my personal experience. That, by design, is anecdotal. If you don't want anecdotal information, simply don't ask for it.No, I'm not. Since you compared America with "societies in existence" you gave it a worldwide position. That goes beyond personal experience.
That is based on research from varying cultures. I suggest you access some of the research options I have provided. In a cultural context, the anthropological classification would be most beneficial for you.
If we based it on personal experience, I would have to say that my experiences are different from your experiences.

That is accepted. I posted based on both my personal experience, and the findings of the research I have read and studied over the years.No, I want measurable proof of the tolerance ratings of all the "societies in existence."
Then you will need to access the research instead of arguing about my post.
I did, and I found just as many sites that refute your supposition.
Links please.
Since you made the charge against America, it's up to you to prove it. I'm not going to do your homework for you.

I made no charges. I simply stated my observation based on experience and study of the scholarly publications on the topic. Quite defensive, aren't you?

You asked for my personal experience. That, by design, is anecdotal. If you don't want anecdotal information, simply don't ask for it.
I did NOT ask for your personal experience. I specfically said personal experience was NOT proof. Please reread my posts.

That is based on research from varying cultures. I suggest you access some of the research options I have provided. In a cultural context, the anthropological classification would be most beneficial for you.
Please just show me the research that lists America as one of the least tolerant societies in existence. You must have gotten that classification from somewhere. You certainly wouldn't just make that up.

That is accepted. I posted based on both my personal experience, and the findings of the research I have read and studied over the years.

Links please.
I'll post mine after you post your's. I can't post my links refuting your links since you haven't yet posted them. :)

I made no charges. I simply stated my observation based on experience and study of the scholarly publications on the topic.
You didn't make the declarative statement that "America is one of the least tolerant societies in existence?"

Quite defensive, aren't you?
Is that what you call standing up for the truth? Yes, I defend the truth.

Man, talk about the ultimate Bob Andweave and do anything, I mean anything, to avoid posting links to refute or even support his/her own arguments or claims! Kind of like seeing the obviousness for what it is. Why even bother?

Man, talk about the ultimate Bob Andweave and do anything, I mean anything, to avoid posting links to refute or even support his/her own arguments or claims! Kind of like seeing the obviousness for what it is. Why even bother?

got anything to contribute instead of being a screaming cheerleader with pom pom and short skirt?

I did NOT ask for your personal experience. I specfically said personal experience was NOT proof. Please reread my posts.

Please just show me the research that lists America as one of the least tolerant societies in existence. You must have gotten that classification from somewhere. You certainly wouldn't just make that up.

I'll post mine after you post your's. I can't post my links refuting your links since you haven't yet posted them. :)

You didn't make the declarative statement that "America is one of the least tolerant societies in existence?"

Is that what you call standing up for the truth? Yes, I defend the truth.

You defend your particular version of the truth, which is not necessarily the truth experienced by all, or even most.:cool2: I happen to see another version of the truth, and it is the version seen my many minorities in the U.S.

Just because you refuse to accept it, or because you refuse to even access that which can support it doesn't mean it isn't the truth for many in the U.S. Your truth is not universal.

I don't know what your issue is with giving credence to the truth experienced my many, many individuals living in the same country as you live in. It would appear that it is based on some sort of superiority belief that your truth is the only truth. Unfortunately, or fortunately in many cases, that is incorrect.

It is impossible to debate or discuss an issue with someone who is not open to even examining that which contradicts their own strongly held belief. Such an individual is not open to discussion. They are only open to asserting what they believe, and judging any who believe differently.

The fact remains that many find the American society to be one of the most intolerant societies in the world. Thank goodness that you have never been unfortunate enough to actually be a member of one of the groups that such extreme intolerance has been expressed against. However, just because you have not experienced it does not mean that it does not exist.

got anything to contribute instead of being a screaming cheerleader with pom pom and short skirt?

Of course he doesn't have anything to contribute. It would require having an original thought.:cool2:

You defend your particular version of the truth, which is not necessarily the truth experienced by all, or even most.:cool2: I happen to see another version of the truth, and it is the version seen my many minorities in the U.S.
No. The truth is that no one in America has experienced all societies in existence, so no one can state as a fact from experience that America is "one of the least tolerant societies in existence."

Just because you refuse to accept it, or because you refuse to even access that which can support it doesn't mean it isn't the truth for many in the U.S. Your truth is not universal.
I'm not talking universal. I'm talking about America. How can you state categorically that America is "one of the least tolerant societies in existence" without having any proof to compare America with all the other societies in existence?

I don't know what your issue is with giving credence to the truth experienced my many, many individuals living in the same country as you live in. It would appear that it is based on some sort of superiority belief that your truth is the only truth. Unfortunately, or fortunately in many cases, that is incorrect.
That's not what I said; not at all. I don't know where you get that from.

I never said anyone's experiences weren't valid examples of intolerance. I said that your specific statement that America is "one of the least tolerant societies in existence" is not true because it's not proven.

It is impossible to debate or discuss an issue with someone who is not open to even examining that which contradicts their own strongly held belief. Such an individual is not open to discussion. They are only open to asserting what they believe, and judging any who believe differently.
You got that right.

The fact remains that many find the American society to be one of the most intolerant societies in the world.
Based on what? Their worldwide experiences in every country including America? That would include Saudi Arabia, Iran, China, Sudan, Burma, and Rwanda, among others.

Thank goodness that you have never been unfortunate enough to actually be a member of one of the groups that such extreme intolerance has been expressed against. However, just because you have not experienced it does not mean that it does not exist.
I never said that intolerance doesn't exist in America. Are you actually reading my posts? I'm beginning to wonder.

She won't. She never has done that when requested. You should already know that by now.

comical..... coming from a person who has continued to refuse to give me a simple straight answer to my simple question - "Who exactly is MSM?"

:laugh2:

comical..... coming from a person who has continued to refuse to give me a simple straight answer to my simple question - "Who exactly is MSM?"

Second here.

Kokonut, same with you too about refuse to answer our question.

No. The truth is that no one in America has experienced all societies in existence, so no one can state as a fact from experience that America is "one of the least tolerant societies in existence."

I'm not talking universal. I'm talking about America. How can you state categorically that America is "one of the least tolerant societies in existence" without having any proof to compare America with all the other societies in existence?

That's not what I said; not at all. I don't know where you get that from.

I never said anyone's experiences weren't valid examples of intolerance. I said that your specific statement that America is "one of the least tolerant societies in existence" is not true because it's not proven.

You got that right.

Based on what? Their worldwide experiences in every country including America? That would include Saudi Arabia, Iran, China, Sudan, Burma, and Rwanda, among others.

I never said that intolerance doesn't exist in America. Are you actually reading my posts? I'm beginning to wonder.

Yes, I am reading your posts. And I still maintain, that given my experience, observation, and learning, America is one of the least tolerant societies in existence. So, again, while it may not be true for you, it is true for me. Because your experience, observation, and learning are quite obviously, different from mine.

Jillio, if you have proof or stats, why won't you just share it???

Funny, coming from you. Always a challange. The same tactic that Reba is using in another thread. An attempt to discredit an individual because she has nothing else to support her assertion. You are now doing the same thing.

A bit of the pot calling the kettle black. But then, he rarely has anything productive to add to a discussion. He simply parrots what other posters say.

Yes, I am reading your posts. And I still maintain, that given my experience, observation, and learning, America is one of the least tolerant societies in existence. So, again, while it may not be true for you, it is true for me. Because your experience, observation, and learning are quite obviously, different from mine.
You have experienced living in North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Rwanda, Iran, and the Sudan? In what other countries have you experienced life that were significantly more tolerant than the USA?

What statistics or other documented proof have you learned from that show that America is one of the least tolerant societies in the the world?

I'm not talking about what is true for anyone's personal experience. I want facts. Do you have facts that prove America is one of the least tolerant societies compared to the rest of the world?

Funny, coming from you. Always a challange. The same tactic that Reba is using in another thread. An attempt to discredit an individual because she has nothing else to support her assertion. You are now doing the same thing.

It's not a challenge at all. I am hoping that you will support your claim because you said you would. I am not trying to discredit either person, I am hoping to learn more about the subject. Each of you claim to have proof, but are unwilling to share it.

Second here.

Kokonut, same with you too about refuse to answer our question.

I've answered it many times.

Let me explain it one more time just for clarity sake because you simply cannot understand the concept here. Here's one of them: It's when you have the media that are overwhelmingly Democratic in their political orientation that news are designed in favor of the far left, the Democrat party on every major social and economic issue, from tax cuts to abortion. It's been like that.

Back