racist behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might mention that here in rural areas, fights rarely occur here.

The area I live in here in Iowa is sparsely populated. The high school 30 minutes away here has about 20-30 students per grade. That's a town. These kids grew up together from PreK to 12th. This school is dominately white.

In the town/City I live in fights are still rare and it is diverse with Hispanic, White, Black, Asian, and Cuban. The kids get along pretty well, there is bullying though.

But should there be any bullying, the teachers intervene with group counseling, and loads of things.

The only problem is how boring it is for these kids, they get into more trouble outside of school than in.

Oh, my, that's awful!

I attended four different public high schools in two states, and I never saw a security guard at any of them. It was during the turbulent 60's but there were no riots at any of the high schools that I attended, and no one used any weapons.

So sad what's happening in the schools. It seems that they're getting worse. :(

I hear you there. While in S.C. I was going to North Charleston High School. Fights broke out a lot in the school.

If that happened the police were called and students were arrested and fined $500.00. We even had checkpoints at almost every door. Checking backpacks and all that.

:shock:

I hear you there. While in S.C. I was going to North Charleston High School. Fights broke out a lot in the school.

If that happened the police were called and students were arrested and fined $500.00. We even had checkpoints at almost every door. Checking backpacks and all that.

:shock:

The school I was supposed to go to in Houston had metal detectors at the entrances and a police substation on campus.....That was 80-84. There was a shooting in the cafeteria in 81

I will check but if I am not mistaken Columbine had a police sub station on campus too.....I could be wrong on that. I know one of the campuses involved in a major incident did.

Arizona appears to be holding true to form. At least the state appears to be consistently racist.:roll:

Lumping all people in Arizona as racists is a little judgemental isn't it?

I don't think the entire rest of the U.S.A is smelling like roses either.

Not everyone is racist. Just a few bad apples and all of a sudden the entire state is automatically racist.

A few bad apples from America in another country and all of a sudden we are viewed as corrupt and war hungry.

From the actions of one governor, who gets hurt the most, yup you guessed it, the few Arizonians who don't like it either and they get the cold shoulder.

What's next? Racism against a state? (I am willing to bet that there probably is that too)

"Oh don't go there, it's full of filthy Arizonian's"

'Ew, she's from Iowa, they don't know anything.'

'Oh it's an Alabaman! Stay away, they are all inbred!'

Get this: Have you seen any good news from Arizona ? I haven't, it's all drama, drama, drama about the law and anything bad that happens there is automatically the NEWS of the day, especially anything that is racist in any way.

So the ENTIRE state of Arizona gets percieved as racists just from the stupidity of a few people who can't tell the difference from their head to their ass in a mirror.

Just remember that not ALL Arizonian's are for the Law or Racist. There are good people there too.

Not everyone is racist. Just a few bad apples and all of a sudden the entire state is automatically racist.

A few bad apples from America in another country and all of a sudden we are viewed as corrupt and war hungry.

From the actions of one governor, who gets hurt the most, yup you guessed it, the few Arizonians who don't like it either and they get the cold shoulder.

What's next? Racism against a state? (I am willing to bet that there probably is that too)

Get this: Have you seen any good news from Arizona ? I haven't, it's all drama, drama, drama about the law and anything bad that happens there is automatically the NEWS of the day, especially anything that is racist in any way.

So the ENTIRE state of Arizona gets percieved as racists just from the stupidity of a few people who can't tell the difference from their head to their ass in a mirror.

Just remember that not ALL Arizonian's are for the Law or Racist. There are good people there too.

:gpost:

But some of those things are true. Like....

:lol:

:squint:

You know those are just examples.

I do know a few things ya know. I don't claim to have an high IQ, but I got work and street smarts........sometimes.

I will list all the states if I have to, to get a point across. :lol:

Oh, my, that's awful!

I attended four different public high schools in two states, and I never saw a security guard at any of them. It was during the turbulent 60's but there were no riots at any of the high schools that I attended, and no one used any weapons.

So sad what's happening in the schools. It seems that they're getting worse. :(

Change in the times. The turbulent 60's were about inclusion. Today it is all about exclusion. Changes in attitude create changes in behaviors.

There are good people and bad people in every state. However, the behaviors demonstrated by those coming from that state that are making the news are decidedly racist in bias. I was referring to the recent law proposed regarding illegal aliens and the behavior that these kids exhibited. They get their attitudes from somewhere. Chances are great that they get it from their environment. A law such as the one Arizona has proposed validates their racist attitude. They live in the state. Message recieved: our attitudes are acceptable.

Please go back and read my origninal post. I said nothing about "all the people of AZ." Rather, I referred to the state as an entity of it's own.

Arizona appears to be holding true to form. At least the state appears to be consistently racist.:roll:

I did read all of your post Jillio and read it twice to be sure.

The state only appear to be consistently racist because of every newspaper, news story, journalist, anchor, or whatever else are latching onto the stories that makes the news. Anything that adds fuel to the fire, adds money to their pockets. Anything that has to do with racism and the law combined in Arizona, will make money for the media.

If any finger pointing should happen it should be directed to the culprit, Jan Brewer and the few underlings who supported that law, and those who really need an attitude adjustment. Not the entire state.

There are good people and bad people in every state. However, the behaviors demonstrated by those coming from that state that are making the news are decidedly racist in bias. I was referring to the recent law proposed regarding illegal aliens and the behavior that these kids exhibited. They get their attitudes from somewhere. Chances are great that they get it from their environment. A law such as the one Arizona has proposed validates their racist attitude. They live in the state. Message recieved: our attitudes are acceptable.

Please go back and read my origninal post. I said nothing about "all the people of AZ." Rather, I referred to the state as an entity of it's own.

It seems to me that you view Arizona is an Abstract Entity. That they are viewed as racists derived from a specific feature from the state, which are news stories regarding behavior from the few that come out with racist bias, and all this after that law was passed.

While you refer to Arizona as an entity, in my opinion it can be automatically assumed that your perception, from the media, is that all Arizonians are racists, based on appearances or specific traits (in this case racist bias) from the few bad apples in select locations the media runs a story on.

...... There are good people and bad people in every state. However, the behaviors demonstrated by those coming from that state that are making the news are decidedly racist in bias....

I agree with you that there are good and bad people in every state.

I just don't agree with Arizona being picked as the ONLY state with the bad behavior from the few people that make it appear to be racist, when in fact racism occurs every single day in any other state. Just not as closely nit-picked at like Arizona, and this did not occur until after Jan Brewer proposed the Immigration Law.

I am against racism in the U.S.A, against the Immigration Law in Arizona because if it's possible loopholes that allows for racism to occur, and against Jan Brewer because she spent too much time out in the sun, fried a few brain cells and passed this law without thinking.

There are good people and bad people in every state. However, the behaviors demonstrated by those coming from that state that are making the news are decidedly racist in bias.
That's the point. Non-racist people aren't newsworthy. It doesn't mean that they don't exist in the state; it simply means they aren't worth newsprint or air time.

...Please go back and read my origninal post. I said nothing about "all the people of AZ." Rather, I referred to the state as an entity of it's own.
Context: "Arizona appears to be holding true to form. At least the state appears to be consistently racist."

By "the state as an entity" do you mean the state government or do you mean the state population?

Can an entire state be "racist"?

Are there any states in the USA that aren't "racist"?

How is racism in a state measured?

:hmm:

I did read all of your post Jillio and read it twice to be sure.

The state only appear to be consistently racist because of every newspaper, news story, journalist, anchor, or whatever else are latching onto the stories that makes the news. Anything that adds fuel to the fire, adds money to their pockets. Anything that has to do with racism and the law combined in Arizona, will make money for the media.

If any finger pointing should happen it should be directed to the culprit, Jan Brewer and the few underlings who supported that law, and those who really need an attitude adjustment. Not the entire state.

It seems to me that you view Arizona is an Abstract Entity. That they are viewed as racists derived from a specific feature from the state, which are news stories regarding behavior from the few that come out with racist bias, and all this after that law was passed.

While you refer to Arizona as an entity, in my opinion it can be automatically assumed that your perception, from the media, is that all Arizonians are racists, based on appearances or specific traits (in this case racist bias) from the few bad apples in select locations the media runs a story on.

I agree with you that there are good and bad people in every state.

I just don't agree with Arizona being picked as the ONLY state with the bad behavior from the few people that make it appear to be racist, when in fact racism occurs every single day in any other state. Just not as closely nit-picked at like Arizona, and this did not occur until after Jan Brewer proposed the Immigration Law.

I am against racism in the U.S.A, against the Immigration Law in Arizona because if it's possible loopholes that allows for racism to occur, and against Jan Brewer because she spent too much time out in the sun, fried a few brain cells and passed this law without thinking.

I did not claim that AZ was the only state that has been in the news recently as a result of racially provcative incidents. But it is one of them.

Can an entire state be "racist"?

Are there any states in the USA that aren't "racist"?

How is racism in a state measured?

:hmm:

Sure it can, on a collective basis. One way to measure would be the number of hate crimes per capita. Another would be per capita support for laws that validate racist behavior.

Sure it can, on a collective basis. One way to measure would be the number of hate crimes per capita. Another would be per capita support for laws that validate racist behavior.

Funny, they don't LOOK racist.

Whoops! :doh:

alg_mural_mice.jpg

The problem with racism is that a person who has privilege generally fails to recognize it. If I'm treated a certain way because of my race, I'm not aware of the other people who are treated differently because of their race unless I choose to listen and understand. I can choose to believe that people of other races are lying or exaggerating. I can ignore my own racist thoughts. We like to think we wouldn't hurt people for being different and that people are generally kind to others. All the more reason not to believe it. I can even refuse to engage in a conversation about racism. This applies to sexism, discrimination against gays/lesbians/transgendered, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back