racist behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I sated that because Scripture does not have empirical evidence to support it, it is someone else's opinion. Therefore, when you quote it, you are simply using someone else's opinion to support your opinion. Still all opinion. Having trouble following?
Not at all. I understand you more than you realize.

For the sake of this thread, adios.

:bye:

Great. This merry go round was beginning to make me dizzy.

Yet you accuse me of using Scripture for empirical evidence when I clearly stated that I don't. Apparently it's OK for you to have it both ways.

I'll try one more time.

When I state that these words, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" is the verse John 3:16 in the KJV of the Bible, that's a fact.

When I give my interpretation of those words, that is MY belief.

If I were to say, "So-and-so teaches that John 3:16 means thus-and-such", that would be So-and-so's opinion. That is, the opinion of someone else.

That comes across as offensive to other religions, Reba, tsk tsk. I maintain that it is simply a belief and billions of people of other religions would agree with me. No biggie, though, I still adore you, lol.

That comes across as offensive to other religions, Reba, tsk tsk. I maintain that it is simply a belief and billions of people of other religions would agree with me. No biggie, though, I still adore you, lol.
Are you saying that just the fact that the verse is included in the KJV Bible is offensive?

It's not just a belief that the John 3:16 verse is in the KJV Bible. It's a fact that it's in there.

The entire Bible is offensive to many people but that doesn't mean the fact of its existence isn't true.

I'm not talking about interpretation, meaning, or belief. I'm talking about the actual words printed on the pages of Bibles.

Mod note:

Thread is closed for obvious reason. :locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back