Purple / SnapVRS / CDVRS files petition againist Sorenson

Yes, this is true also hearing people DO have choice refusing displaying caller ID on other end as well. Most of the time telemarketer disable the caller ID because they do not want to be traced back. That disabling feature is also NOT FREE either.
"Rights" is just a crap because one person wants rights to not disclose the information, while other person wants the rights to know who, both wants the rights of privacy so they both cancelled each other rights, making the "Rights" moot point.
I wouldn't care much for caller ID.

What does "who is paying for the service" have to do with whether it is a right or not? :confused:

One thought I have is that hearing people have a choice about this feature while we do not. Isn't this the real issue here?

I think there are confusion about the rights. I was meaning that people have the rights to choose whether if they want to have the caller ID installed or not installed at all. I am sure people would want to know who is calling, but other people have privacy issues and don't want their calling ID being displayed at all. When people called me on VP or MVP, they would display their phone numbers but they did not display their real names. The videophone would display the name only if their names was in their contact list, those would display the numbers and their real name or the name of businesses. Hearing people have choices whether they want to have Caller ID displayed or not being displayed, or people would want to use the Caller ID box to display their name or their phone numbers so people would know who is calling before answering the phone. My hearing fiancee get calls from telemarketers all the time, she look at caller ID before picking up the phone, she don't know them and refused to answer the phone. We don't want to deal with those lame telemarketers.

So, I think I explained what I meant in the last post. I think we want to use equal rights same as hearing people would use Caller ID or not to use Caller ID. I am sure people have a right to choose or decide whether they want to know who is calling them.

Why do they have to run to the FCC when they could have tried getting this resolved with Sorenson?

They did tried getting this resolved with sorenson. Sorenson like to bite other VRS, thats why they are taking Sorenson to court.

You can have both! sorenson vp200 and MVP! you can send and receive calls seperately on either one on same home network using seperate 10 digit numbers.

Thanks RM :)

I'm happy with VP sorenson so far :D
I'm going to dump OJO (I'll just leave them 'OJO' in the closet). I'm waiting for making an appointment with Purple MVP soon next week.

Thanks RM :)

I'm happy with VP sorenson so far :D
I'm going to dump OJO (I'll just leave them 'OJO' in the closet). I'm waiting for making an appointment with Purple MVP soon next week.

Suggest you to trade your SnapVRS Ojo for a Z-Ojo. I don't know if they still send $25 for returning it back. You can order a Z-Ojo for $39 meaning "you only pay $11 for it".

To trade you need to contact them at: Contact & Feedback

It has a special offer for $39 for Z-Ojo till August 8th or 9th. Z-Ojo has incredible features especially that it can send and receive all calls from any videophones! No need to set up DMZ or port forwarding either... it really has more cool features to it aka zConect and zContacts, etc.

Check it out for more Z-Ojo features at: Z-Ojo - ZVRS

I just tried to contact SnapVRS tech support 4 times today via Live Assistant ( chat window via computer )... And 4 times I was timed out !!! GEESH !!!

Suggest you to trade your SnapVRS Ojo for a Z-Ojo. I don't know if they still send $25 for returning it back. You can order a Z-Ojo for $39 meaning "you only pay $11 for it".

To trade you need to contact them at: Contact & Feedback

It has a special offer for $39 for Z-Ojo till August 8th or 9th. Z-Ojo has incredible features especially that it can send and receive all calls from any videophones! No need to set up DMZ or port forwarding either... it really has more cool features to it aka zConect and zContacts, etc.

Check it out for more Z-Ojo features at: Z-Ojo - ZVRS

Oh, Thank you for the whole info. :) Sorry for the delay.
Well, I'm going to keep it anyway. I heard OJO-ZVRS sucked.

Oh, Thank you for the whole info. :) Sorry for the delay.
Well, I'm going to keep it anyway. I heard OJO-ZVRS sucked.

Ok, sure whatever you like.

I haven't heard one being unhappy with a ZOjo so far yet. Did someone, who told you Z-Ojo sucked, say anything as why he or she said it sucked?

Ok, sure whatever you like.

I haven't heard one being unhappy with a ZOjo so far yet. Did someone, who told you Z-Ojo sucked, say anything as why he or she said it sucked?

My friend's other friend told me that, that's what he told me about Z-OJO sucked. he's not my friend. he just let me know that's all. *shrug*

I thought Ojo was from Snap!VRS. I'm confused now LOL.

Yes, you are right although Zvrs also offers Ojos but use their own Z firmwares in them such like Z-Connect and Z-Contacts that SnapVRS Ojos lack of. It also includes both H:323 and SIP protocols.

Ojo is the name of the device... SnapVRS just happen to be the first to use Ojo for videophone...ZVRS have the Ojo also to use as a videophone...

But OJO is the one manufacture by WorldGate! ZVRS and SnapVrs contract with WorldGate. ZVRS and SnapVrs is making their own Firmware. I think Brian told meh about WorldGate's videophone last few month ago.

Still not impress with Zvrs snail response ... Been a week now and still no response at all...

Still not impress with Zvrs snail response ... Been a week now and still no response at all...

Really? Just one week? Oh please!

Guess what? Purple hasn't responded to my last request for TWO MONTHS but finally responded. That is lot longer than yours while mine did with Zvrs.

Usually, the larger VRS providers have so many people on the waiting list for them to response in timely than smaller VRS providers could.

You just need to be extra patience or feel free to nag over them to reply you back.

Guess what? Purple hasn't responded to my last request for TWO MONTHS but finally responded. That is lot longer than yours while mine did with Zvrs.

Usually, the larger VRS providers have so many people on the waiting list for them to response in timely than smaller VRS providers could.

You just need to be extra patience or feel free to nag over them to reply you back.

Be extra patience... No No... 2 months is way too long. Less than 4 days is a good business to deal with.

Two months?! No way, i would not patience! I ask you a question, what if you are work with Big Company... Your boss will not give you paycheck and you have to waiting until 90 days while you been working with them, would you extra patience unless if you have your bills (car payments, mortgage, your family's needs, etc) is coming without pay it off?

Last edited:
Back