Poll: is it important to post the temperature in f and c?

Is it important to post the temperature in F and C?

• Yes

• No

• WHO CARES!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just curious, I usually post in F or C, that's my choice but I'm from US and it will be F obviously.

F is used in US and few countries since most countries use C.

This poll is private.

I use Fahrenheit. I ask people to convert C to F for me sometimes.

I've been to a few international forums and some of us use both of them. AD is an American version forum, so naturally, most of us use Fahrenheit.

I think just about everyone here on this forum knows what state I live in, so it's fairly obvious I'm posting in F.

Just about isn't everyone. And don't forget we are constantly getting new people. Since your filled in your location and it says "in my time zone" that still leaves the question of where is that time zone?

Just about isn't everyone. And don't forget we are constantly getting new people. Since your filled in your location and it says "in my time zone" that still leaves the question of where is that time zone?

If it's that a big a deal, I just won't post my temperature here then. This is supposed to be a whimsical thread. I don't know any poster on here who actually CARES what the temp is.

I would use both which mean that you support/share other people international.

Just thought of a place where it could make a big difference which one. If giving an oven temp. to set at when giving a recipe! If the wrong scale used it could burn it up or leave it raw.

Just thought of a place where it could make a big difference which one. If giving an oven temp. to set at when giving a recipe! If the wrong scale used it could burn it up or leave it raw.
see foxrac.... its bad, don't go there, leave a dying dog lie.

In US, metric system is complicated, medicines, nutrition facts, big soda bottle and memory size used metric system since most others are bilingual, but most highway used miles as well as cooking recipes in US. The ovens in US are measured in F.

I could adapt to metric system easily if it is standardized like most countries use that.

There is metric version of recipe like that.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbcg...tage-chocolate-chip-cookies?amp?client=safari

In US, metric system is complicated, medicines, nutrition facts, big soda bottle and memory size used metric system since most others are bilingual, but most highway used miles as well as cooking recipes in US. The ovens in US are measured in F.

I could adapt to metric system easily if it is standardized like most countries use that.

There is metric version of recipe like that.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2459643/vintage-chocolate-chip-cookies?amp?client=safari
My decks and walls and houses would be crooked as shit if you did that to me.... just don't....lol

I agree with Sono... I don't want to go there with the metric system. Too complicated for me especially km/h, meters and things like that. I like it when it is simple (feet, miles, cups, teaspoon, miles per hour, etc).

My decks and walls and houses would be crooked as shit if you did that to me.... just don't....lol

If US switch to full metric system so old generation, especially y'all can use imperial measurements like old people use it in Canada and other countries, that's not gonna be problem for you, but it make our trade a lot cheaper due to standardized measurement unit that used in all countries, but 3 countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back