Oregon community college shooting, multiple casualties

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would all fail lol everyone is capable of murder... Regardless of how meek they may be... And we are all crazy in some way and to some extent...

I wouldnt.
I see dead people....not like shooting dead people kills anyone...their already dead...
Lucky us felons know where to get roscoes cheap anyway....
Rules....
Meh
Meant to be broken...
No law will keep a self respecting budding mass murderer away from his destiny....
Law
No law

It wouldn't cost the government much if the person wanting to buy a firearm had to go to a shrink and make sure they were mentally competent first before being able to buy a gun. The person would shoulder the burden of the cost. I'm not talking about taking peoples guns away as long as they are mentally fit, I am talking about not letting people have or buy guns who shouldn't have them in the first place.

Black market for gun purchases exists even today, how can gun control stop these black marketers?

I wouldnt.
I see dead people....not like shooting dead people kills anyone...their already dead...
Lucky us felons know where to get roscoes cheap anyway....
Rules....
Meh
Meant to be broken...
No law will keep a self respecting budding mass murderer away from his destiny....
Law
No law

Hmm... The fact you openly admit to seeing dead people may cause some to question the heath of your mental state :p
Ah well... What is crazy anyways...
Truth out law or no law though

Hmm... The fact you openly admit to seeing dead people may cause some to question the heath of your mental state :p
Ah well... What is crazy anyways...
Truth out law or no law though

Well......they saw me first...(points to corner)

Ban them from having guns, then maybe just maybe ill give the ones im not permited to have...
Mmmmmmm....
Wait a minute...

Well......they saw me first...(points to corner)

Ban them from having guns, then maybe just maybe ill give the ones im not permited to have...
Mmmmmmm....
Wait a minute...

Lol hmm... Typo right? :p

Black market for gun purchases exists even today, how can gun control stop these black marketers?

If you make the punishment stiff enough and actually enforce it you will get rid of it over time. OR has done it with their litter problem; penalty is $6200 for first offense, you could eat off their roads! If they can do it for litter, they can do it for black market guns: penalty either life w/o parole or death penalty and actually enforce it.

If you make the punishment stiff enough and actually enforce it you will get rid of it over time. OR has done it with their litter problem; penalty is $6200 for first offense, you could eat off their roads! If they can do it for litter, they can do it for black market guns: penalty either life w/o parole or death penalty and actually enforce it.

Three stikes works wonders right?

I don't know; we already have life sentences and death penalties in force yet we still have murders happening.

We would all fail lol everyone is capable of murder... Regardless of how meek they may be... And we are all crazy in some way and to some extent...

When I lived in Ca. there was a shooting across street from the house my b/f and I lived . My b/f told me to lie down flat and keep away from the windows b/c I didn't hear the gun. There was apartment building across the street and a husband and wife were having a fight , the wife ran to a neighbor for help and her husband went after her . The neighbor shot the husband ad killed him . The next day people were talking about this and were shocked b/c the neighbor was a very quiet guy and kept to himself , he didn't seem like the kind of guy to even own a gun.
Just b/c someone it quiet and meek it doesn't mean they won't commit a crime . I always wonder about people like this , were do they keep all the penned up feeling people get .

When I lived in Ca. there was a shooting across street from the house my b/f and I lived . My b/f told me to lie down flat and keep away from the windows b/c I didn't hear the gun. There was apartment building across the street and a husband and wife were having a fight , the wife ran to a neighbor for help and her husband went after her . The neighbor shot the husband ad killed him . The next day people were talking about this and were shocked b/c the neighbor was a very quiet guy and kept to himself , he didn't seem like the kind of guy to even own a gun.
Just b/c someone it quiet and meek it doesn't mean they won't commit a crime . I always wonder about people like this , were do they keep all the penned up feeling people get .
I'm a little confused. If the neighbor shot the husband because he was attacking the wife, wasn't the neighbor protecting the wife? He wasn't doing that for pent up feelings. That wouldn't be a crime then.

Or am I misunderstanding the scenario?

Anyone is capable it is only a matter of... Well the trigger... But this does not sound like a crime... Like Reba said, is there something missing from this? Did the neighbor stash the wife and go and just shoot the husband or did he shoot the husband while the husband was going after the wife?

I don't know; we already have life sentences and death penalties in force yet we still have murders happening.

Yes, we have the death penalty, but many states don't or haven't used it in years or even decades, so I wouldn't say it's much of a deterrent. Remember, we are only talking about selling black market guns here, on this one we aren't talking about murders.

Yes, we have the death penalty, but many states don't or haven't used it in years or even decades, so I wouldn't say it's much of a deterrent. Remember, we are only talking about selling black market guns here, on this one we aren't talking about murders.

Aren't you proud that United States hold record of being #1 most prisoners incarcerated than anywhere in the rest of world. Mind you, China has much higher population than here in United States and we got 4 times more prisoners in prisons than in China. This proves something is terrible wrong with system in the United States.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/23/world/americas/23iht-23prison.12253738.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Really? How can death penalty be a deterrent? When one lose their sanity, they won't think much about consequences. Usually they rather get killed than spend their natural life in prison.

If had you followed trial of Zacarias Moussaoui and observed how he react when he was denied death penalty, and given life sentence. Whoa! He got madder as hell, he wanted death penalty so badly and got upset when it was not given. What does that mean?

My friend who used to support death penalty, he just told me he changed his perspective and realized that death penalty isn't the real solution, nor even deterrent after all.

Aren't you proud that United States hold record of being #1 most prisoners incarcerated than anywhere in the rest of world. Mind you, China has much higher population than here in United States and we got 4 times more prisoners in prisons than in China. This proves something is terrible wrong with system in the United States.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/23/world/americas/23iht-23prison.12253738.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

It probably has to do with China taking a much more serious approach to crime than we do, also in China if you get the death penalty, you are given a lethal injection or quickly shot and your family gets the bill for the cost of the bullet. No languishing in prison for decades as your appeals go thru one court after another like it is in the US, in China, your found guilty and within days your either killed or given a two year reprieve at which time you're either killed or your sentence is lessoned. China also executes 1 per every 450,000 of their population every year and most experts think this is an underestimate of the total by a wide margin, since they are killing on average 140 people per week. Also in China the crimes that they will kill you for is much wider than in the US, so for something that you would get a jail or prison sentence here in the US, you would be executed for in China. So if China didn't execute so many of it's prisoners perhaps it would hold the #1 position ahead of the USA.

Really? Don't you know US has highest ratio than in China, and if US has same population as China, the prison ratio will explode.

Remember China and USA has different idealogy, and China does not allow guns, but murder still exist down there.

It probably has to do with China taking a much more serious approach to crime than we do, also in China if you get the death penalty, you are given a lethal injection or quickly shot and your family gets the bill for the cost of the bullet. No languishing in prison for decades as your appeals go thru one court after another like it is in the US, in China, your found guilty and within days your either killed or given a two year reprieve at which time you're either killed or your sentence is lessoned. China also executes 1 per every 450,000 of their population every year and most experts think this is an underestimate of the total by a wide margin, since they are killing on average 140 people per week. Also in China the crimes that they will kill you for is much wider than in the US, so for something that you would get a jail or prison sentence here in the US, you would be executed for in China. So if China didn't execute so many of it's prisoners perhaps it would hold the #1 position ahead of the USA.

Seriously, Chicago has the most strictest gun control, yet has more murders per 100 than in New York, or even in Arizona.

So what we need is a hangin judge? I personally don't want to copy china's guilty until prooven innocent/die in jail/executed without trial model.

Really? Don't you know US has highest ratio than in China, and if US has same population as China, the prison ratio will explode.

Remember China and USA has different idealogy, and China does not allow guns, but murder still exist down there.

Like I said the reason for the lower number in China probably has a lot to do with how seriously they take crime. If we did the same thing I'm sure the number of people doing time as well as the crime rate would probably drop like a rock. However, in the US with all the guns out there and even with the open carry, don't you feel safer? I sure do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back