Once Upon A Time

Eh? Where did you hear that from?

Cora is Regina's mother. Regina is Snow White's stepmother. Snow White is Emma's mother. Emma is Henry's mother.

However, with adoption... things changed. Regina adopted Henry after Emma gave Henry up. So, in a way... that makes Cora the grandmother of Henry.

Is that what you're referring to?

It's not that hard to follow - you're suggesting that blood eliminates the laws - and it doesn't. Technically Henry is actually Cora's grandson, not Snow's. He's legally adopted by Regina which makes her Henry's mom and Cora his grandmother. While Emma is his biological mother and Snow the biological grandmother - he belongs to Regina, period. Now I think it's safe to say that even Regina doesn't want Cora to have anything to do with Henry because she considers her dangerous, but that's another topic of discussion.

Remember at the beginning of this season, Henry didn't want anything bad to happen to Regina because "she's still my mom." He understands that while he's adopted and technically has two moms - Regina is his true mother. You've got to look at this from the child's perspective. The biological mother is the one that gave you away - your real mother raised you. Your parents aren't defined by blood, they're defined by who actually raises and cares for all your needs. In some cases like Henry, the birth mother wants to meet you and be part of your life. Actually Emma didn't want to meet him, he just showed up in her life, but now she loves him and wants to be with him. Deborah Harry, the lead singer of Blondie was adopted and at one time wanted to meet her birth mother - who in turn, didn't want to meet her. In interviews she always refers to the Harrys, the people that adopted her, as her parents - no ifs, ands, or buts.

Emma and Snow may love Henry and while yes, he's family - even they can't change that fact that the adoption was legal and can't be challenged. Henry's Regina's family.

This of it this way - if the writer's agreed with this position that Emma and Snow have more of a right to Henry - how do you supposed viewers that are adopted themselves would react to that position? They'd probably be offended because the people that adopted them are their true family. Henry sees it the same way.

Laura

Regina, doesn't have a good side. She kept the book for selfish reasons. Her lover was taken away from her and hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

It is jealousy and envy that fueled the Grim and served them so well, there is no better literary mechanism.

Well let's keep the series separate - this is Once Upon a Time, not the Grims's story.

Regina kept the book not because she was selfish but because she still longs for her powers. At this point, her focus is getting Henry back, but she's her mother's daughter and she misses the power and control she had over people and events with magic - so she's not burning that book just yet.

Laura

Regina kept the book not because she was selfish but because she still longs for her powers. At this point, her focus is getting Henry back, but she's her mother's daughter and she misses the power and control she had over people and events with magic - so she's not burning that book just yet.

Laura

I know often in these types of stories it makes magic almost like a drug. I'm recalling when Regina used magic for the first time to trap Cora in the mirror...she relished the answer she gave Rumple when he asked "how did it feel" She smiled like the cat who ate the canary and said "Good"

I wonder though if its the magic itself or really the POWER associated with it. Their are other creatures in fairytale land that have magic who have not completely lost it. Ex: The Blue Fairy

Has anyone else noticed that Mr. Glass is gone? Sydney Glass is gone. The character is just not longer being featured in Once Upon a Time. Though I did see that the actor got a new role on "Revolution" where he's more of a main character.

Well let's keep the series separate - this is Once Upon a Time, not the Grims's story.

Laura

Laura, do you know where the stories come from? The stories are part of the Grim tales:

Brothers Grimm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, "she misses the power and control she had over people". Like I said, selfish reasons.

Also, I guessing Henry was adopted in the town which, if I may point out, was under a spell so I'm not sure the law applies.

And, to the other posters, what's with all the Snow White bashing? What has she done wrong?

Laura, do you know where the stories come from? The stories are part of the Grim tales:

Brothers Grimm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, "she misses the power and control she had over people". Like I said, selfish reasons.

Also, I guessing Henry was adopted in the town which, if I may point out, was under a spell so I'm not sure the law applies.

And, to the other posters, what's with all the Snow White bashing? What has she done wrong?

Do you mean Sleeping Beauty? Personally, I'm not so taken with Mulan or Sleeping Beauty; I think they're both a little weak and poorly acted. For me, it's always been about the main characters: Regina, Henry, Snow, Charming, Mr. Gold, etc.

I've noticed Sydney being MIA but that could be either temporary or the writers wanting to develop stronger characters. I don't think he added much to the story and there was only so far he could go. The actor has moved on to another series, possibly two?

Laura

Do you mean Sleeping Beauty? Personally, I'm not so taken with Mulan or Sleeping Beauty; I think they're both a little weak and poorly acted. For me, it's always been about the main characters: Regina, Henry, Snow, Charming, Mr. Gold, etc.

I've noticed Sydney being MIA but that could be either temporary or the writers wanting to develop stronger characters. I don't think he added much to the story and there was only so far he could go. The actor has moved on to another series, possibly two?

Laura

They wrote Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and many others tales. Just so you know, the original tales were not the watered down versions we know today. They were much more gruesome. The Grim's compiled the tales by hearing almost identical stories and adding to them. It is said that one of the brother's died while writing the glossary, at his desk.

The show is a job and people do leave and get hired. This certainly has an affect on how show's are written. If you look at Lost, you can see this in the writing as well.

Also, did you all not see the McCutcheon Whiskey in this series? I was very happy to see it.

They wrote Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and many others tales. Just so you know, the original tales were not the watered down versions we know today. They were much more gruesome. The Grim's compiled the tales by hearing almost identical stories and adding to them. It is said that one of the brother's died while writing the glossary, at his desk.

The show is a job and people do leave and get hired. This certainly has an affect on how show's are written. If you look at Lost, you can see this in the writing as well.

Also, did you all not see the McCutcheon Whiskey in this series? I was very happy to see it.

Fairy tales are so hair raising, it's a wonder the intended audience are children...kind of like the song "London Bridge is Falling Down"....it's a song about terrorism....:eek2:

I think the writing is way better than Lost. As long as they keep focus on the main characters, they'll do fine.

Laura

Fairy tales are so hair raising, it's a wonder the intended audience are children...kind of like the song "London Bridge is Falling Down"....it's a song about terrorism....:eek2:

I think the writing is way better than Lost. As long as they keep focus on the main characters, they'll do fine.

Laura

Oh, I loved Lost. And, it's the same writers on this show.

My guess, throughout the series we will see all the characters in the books represented. Although, I'm a little confused about Lancelot. I mean, I can understand Tristan and Isolde, but the round table didn't come about until Mary Stewart wrote her book The Hollow Hills, I believe.

I know, this is TV they can do whatever they want, but I can speculate.

Oh, I loved Lost. And, it's the same writers on this show.

My guess, throughout the series we will see all the characters in the books represented. Although, I'm a little confused about Lancelot. I mean, I can understand Tristan and Isolde, but the round table didn't come about until Mary Stewart wrote her book The Hollow Hills, I believe.

I know, this is TV they can do whatever they want, but I can speculate.

I know, Lancelot wouldn't have been black either...not in England of that era...but writer's liberty.

Laura

I wonder though if its the magic itself or really the POWER associated with it. Their are other creatures in fairytale land that have magic who have not completely lost it. Ex: The Blue Fairy

I think with Regina, as with Cora, it's the power, not just the magic. BTW, I'm watching the season opener again On Demand. The scene where the soul sucker is attacking Regina, Charming is fighting it off while she tries to get Jefferson's hat to work and can't because there's no magic in Storybrooke...until, Emma rests her hand on Regina's arm and then magic suddenly appears....I think she'll be discovering her new talent this season, but the question will be - does Regina realize that yet? Does she know it was Emma, not her that got the hat to work?

Laura

Laura

When I was in high school I read the orginal version of the Little Mermaid...I was like...DAMN! The watered down version is more fun...but the orginal was terrifying. Then again I suppose Disney can't have the main character going nuts and killing her entire family and stealing souls...but SOMEONE should totally make the orginal into a movie.

When I was in high school I read the orginal version of the Little Mermaid...I was like...DAMN! The watered down version is more fun...but the orginal was terrifying. Then again I suppose Disney can't have the main character going nuts and killing her entire family and stealing souls...but SOMEONE should totally make the orginal into a movie.

Is the book called The Little Mermaid? Now I have to read it after what you wrote....wow, sounds nuts.

What did you all think of HOOK? Not the same Hook that we were expecting...I was thinking something out of Peter Pan. Hmmmm...wonder if we shall meet him too?

Think I missed too much of the show, interesting, but a little lost at times.

I guess we know what to get you for Christmas! LOL :naughty:

Yes, please...and though I am ashamed to say this out loud...I wanna a piece of teenager werewolf too (Jacob) AND some Christian Grey

----don't judge me! LOL:P

Yes, please...and though I am ashamed to say this out loud...I wanna a piece of teenager werewolf too (Jacob) AND some Christian Grey

----don't judge me! LOL:P

Year before last, I went to New York City for Fourth of July holiday(really great city). On the day I arrived, it was kind of late so I decided to take in a movie as I was alone for this trip. I found a movie theater a few streets down from where I was staying, near Times Square and purchased tickets for Eclipse(from the Twilight series). In the theater, I'm surrounded by young women and their 40 something mothers. At one point during the movie, Taylor Lautner takes his shirt off and the place gets so loud I have to shut my hearing aid off. The thing of it is, the moms were yelling much louder than their daughters. To this day, I don't think I have heard anything louder including the fireworks in NY.

Year before last, I went to New York City for Fourth of July holiday(really great city). On the day I arrived, it was kind of late so I decided to take in a movie as I was alone for this trip. I found a movie theater a few streets down from where I was staying, near Times Square and purchased tickets for Eclipse(from the Twilight series). In the theater, I'm surrounded by young women and their 40 something mothers. At one point during the movie, Taylor Lautner takes his shirt off and the place gets so loud I have to shut my hearing aid off. The thing of it is, the moms were yelling much louder than their daughters. To this day, I don't think I have heard anything louder including the fireworks in NY.

You're never to old to get excited about a hot body.....:laugh2:

Laura

Back