Official AllDeaf Switched At Birth Discussion [tv show on abc family]

And the father with the CI issues
I kind of think that the CI debate is dead. I wish they could have shown it like....." she's not interested. She is happy with just her hearing aid. " And actually, she had mengintas so her coachla would have been dead, making her inelgiable for a CI

I kind of think that the CI debate is dead. I wish they could have shown it like....." she's not interested. She is happy with just her hearing aid. " And actually, she had mengintas so her coachla would have been dead, making her inelgiable for a CI

Ignorant hearing parents would not know that the cochlea would be dead. They just see it as a miracle and want it.

As for watching it online or what not if you like it its free to download on iTunes. I wonder if it has captions there. Let me check. Nope, no captions on my iPad. Bummer was going to take to work and watch it. Oh well.

Thank god for the Youtube that I can gets to watch "Switched at Birth". There are no words but only a fews words there--Bummer!

That black girl smashed on grey's car :O and got sent into the police station..

Anyway, that show is AWESOME! I loves it! can't wait to do it again on Monday if not, I will do that next night on online.

I particularly agree with SallyLou's post....
I watched it, have mixed feelings.....

Shame for me as I am from Australia, but I managed to grab a copy ;)
but no subtitles. :( I watched without it and to what I can understand, cool story.

I watched it on Hulu.com. The rich dad telling Daphne to get CI was exactly what I am seeing in the past and present. Any rich and powerful guy thinks he has the right to tell others how to live their life.

I thought the show was well done. The rich family's reactions, questions, and "idiocy" were spot on and quite normal for hearing folks newly exposed to a deaf person/Deaf culture. I caught myself smacking my forehead in embarrassment a few times from the sheer awkwardness, and there was a spot or two that I saw reflections of myself soon after meeting my wife.

The sim-com: speaking from experience (deaf wife and mother-in-law, 'terp friends) the sim-com is normal when there are hearing people present. Neither my wife nor her mother speak, so I can't speak to Daphne's sim-com'ing, but the Puerto Rican mother and grandmother doing it - not unusual at all. Do my friends/family do it all the time? No; but they do sim-com more than 50% of the time, even if everyone present knows sign. The sim-com also helps in getting hearing folks to watch the show. Let's be realistic here - Americans are lazy, and would rather hear the conversation than read it. Why else would Hollywood be remaking the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?

Overall it looks to be a quality show, and I'm interested to see where it goes from here.

is there anyone by any chance, record the espiode on hulu for me? :eek:

Shame for me as I am from Australia, but I managed to grab a copy ;)
but no subtitles. :( I watched without it and to what I can understand, cool story.

Did you watch it on Swifter?

Back