NAD moderated Presidential Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised at the lack of interest here......

Maybe everyone is getting worn out on politics.

More attention here to ADA and more on Democratic side I thought.

What specifically was of interest to you Tousi?

Maybe everyone is getting worn out on politics.

More attention here to ADA and more on Democratic side I thought.

What specifically was of interest to you Tousi?

The whole thing, Botti.....especially at how well opposing sides behaved and respected one another. I'm only sorry it is here (AD) at this late date, especially in view of how the Dems and liberals behaved and successfully shut out what few opposing views that COULD have been brought here but were not.

The whole thing, Botti.....especially at how well opposing sides behaved and respected one another. I'm only sorry it is here (AD) at this late date, especially in view of how the Dems and liberals behaved and successfully shut out what few opposing views that COULD have been brought here but were not.
I understand then, manners. You are right then on both counts. But one was in person, and here we are sort of anonymous and feel more free to behave badly.

And I may not be the ideal person to discuss this with you, since I have a tendency to lose my temper. (of course I do this in person too)

That was quite an interesting debate... yes, I watched the whole thing!

Healthcare, economy, equal access for deaf and hoh Americans, security, etc.

Too bad the video isn't accessible to the deafblind or those of us who do not know sign (Ironic considering the fact that the video is presented by the NAD :hmm:).

Too bad the video isn't accessible to the deafblind or those of us who do not know sign (Ironic considering the fact that the video is presented by the NAD :hmm:).

Well, I have just written to the NAD regarding this and paged a couple of friends who pal around with one of the two CEOs of DeafNation who sponsored this activity.

Well, I have just written to the NAD regarding this and paged a couple of friends who pal around with one of the two CEOs of DeafNation who sponsored this activity.

I think I'll do the same. If you end up getting a response from the NAD, I would be curious to know what they say.

I think I'll do the same. If you end up getting a response from the NAD, I would be curious to know what they say.

I shall but let me ask you something HA: If you do contact the NAD, I'd be curious just how you will approach them.....what will you say, in a nutshell?

My friend has just forwarded my request to him to contact DeafNation....so let's wait and see....

I shall but let me ask you something HA: If you do contact the NAD, I'd be curious just how you will approach them.....what will you say, in a nutshell?

My friend has just forwarded my request to him to contact DeafNation....so let's wait and see....

I would inform them that I'm deafblind and cannot access the video since I'm unable to see. I would also make them aware of the fact that captions need to be added for those who do not know sign. Finally, I would recommend that they add voiceover and a written transcript of the entire video presentation.

Captioning - National Association of the Deaf

Here is a link to NAD about captioning.

And unless I am mistaken, I thought it was only recently that NAD began to embrace anyone but the culturally deaf.

Yeah, Botti; I am not sure about "recently" but you would think as the national "watchdog", they would have always held that view, eh? In fact, I think they always have but in reality it might have been mere lip-service, depending on who's the Prez at the time. I think the current Prez is sincere, yet, given this latest thing has me puzzled. Maybe she isn't/wasn't aware of it. DeafNation sponsored it so I kinda think they are more responsible for it. Anyway, I await responses from them both.
HA, very good. Thanks

Eh??? "Deaf-moderated?" Where are the candidates? These are merely opinions of Deaf individuals with no chance of rebuttal from either candidate. I need look no further than this forum for Deaf opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back