My Minature Daschund named Bella.

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
She's 8 months old and her birthday is on August 15th. She's a smart but a stubborn dog! That's the nature of daschunds. :)

541942_10200213876644296_1414741894_n.jpg

Our puppy is a handful also! I love Bella's dapple coloring. :)

Yup, mom is mostly black body with a bit of dapple pattern on her face. Dad is a brown shorthair. I see her mom and pop once in a while, they met each other again yesterday night, lol.

Cute doggie...used to have a short-haired one named "Blossom"....and yeah, very stubborn!...Anyway, glad to see you here....been a long time.

Yup, mom is mostly black body with a bit of dapple pattern on her face. Dad is a brown shorthair. I see her mom and pop once in a while, they met each other again yesterday night, lol.

that's nice, even animal likes to see their parents
your dashund is beautiful, i like them, i know a woman artist in my second hometown, (she is one of the best artist in NZ) had 3, now 2, very gentle loving dogs! very freindly

Lap dogs are good for older people. I always see these old guys hauling around their lap dogs like they were children. Guess it happens with the loss of testerone

I also have a mini daschund turning 1 over the summer. I take her with me most of time. :) Think mine is starting to look a little more like regular daschund but when I take her to the dog park in town to play -- there are much bigger daschunds than I ever seen! LoL

Even a couple I seen look more like a beagle/daschund mix. Funniest mix I've seen with daschund would be a min pin/daschund mix. That poor dog looked like a daschund that had its legs stretched so much! :-D

Yup.. :-D Can definitely surprise you how loud they can be. I barely can hear my own dog sometimes! But when she's motivated on her own she can be loud! :-D

Mine is just a sweetheart that loves giving kisses all the time even to cats! LoL ;)

Yup.. :-D Can definitely surprise you how loud they can be. I barely can hear my own dog sometimes! But when she's motivated on her own she can be loud! :-D

Mine is just a sweetheart that loves giving kisses all the time even to cats! LoL ;)

Yeah daschunds have really loud barks for their size. I could feel the leash vibrating when she barks. She does bark at almost everything that moves. I'm training her to reduce barking to a minimum, only stop on command. "No bark"

This may sound very crazy lol but have you tried Litey Leash ? I use it with my dog cuz she blends too well in the dark and sometimes where I walk her I cannot see a thing if she did go bathroom or not! Esp being mostly black and so tiny, its hard to see if she's bathroom or just sit there listen to everything! ;) So I bought Litey Leash from walmart.

Works pretty good.. :-D Since she's a girl -- of course I got pink one! LoL

This may sound very crazy lol but have you tried Litey Leash ? I use it with my dog cuz she blends too well in the dark and sometimes where I walk her I cannot see a thing if she did go bathroom or not! Esp being mostly black and so tiny, its hard to see if she's bathroom or just sit there listen to everything! ;) So I bought Litey Leash from walmart.

Works pretty good.. :-D Since she's a girl -- of course I got pink one! LoL

LOL, we have a pink collar on her but planning to buy a body worn harness, of course the right type for a daschund since they have a big chest to be sure it's comfy for her. I don't really need a litey leash, we don't take her for walks at night time. We put her on long leash strapped to the outside door whenever she needs to relief herself.

Well I use a cat harness on mine! LoL -- Ive tried buying XS dog harness but she kept destroying and break it.. So I end up buying cat harness and yay no longer chewing herself free! :-D

Had jokingly wanted to change her name to Lil Houdini cuz she keeps escaping from everything I would put her in like empty plastic storage box, laundry basket, etc when she was little puppy. :)

Well I use a cat harness on mine! LoL -- Ive tried buying XS dog harness but she kept destroying and break it.. So I end up buying cat harness and yay no longer chewing herself free! :-D

Had jokingly wanted to change her name to Lil Houdini cuz she keeps escaping from everything I would put her in like empty plastic storage box, laundry basket, etc when she was little puppy. :)

Yeah, that's why I'm looking for the right harness for her. :) Yeah, we got her when she was only 5 weeks old and she was sooooo adorable and small! She knows sign language on commands like bathroom, no, out and am working on sit as of now.

Back