MMA Thread

Jon Jones vs Ryan Bader (12-0) on Feb 5th. I think Bader will win easily. :cool2:

Well the thing is, Jon Jones is a very unorthodox fighter which make it very hard to figure him out and come up with a good game plan.

BTW here's a fact about Jon Jones that you won't hear from anywhere else. Jon Jones was a roommate of Joe Soto (145 lbs former Bellator champ) when they were in college on wrestling team. Joe Soto was the one who introduced Jon Jones into MMA.

Jon Jones is my best pound to pound fighter along with GSP, The Spider and Jose Aldo.

I do think Jones still whoop Matt Hamill again.

I pick Jake Shield to win the title belt over GSP via closer decision at UFC 129. He is good at his game plan that he never stop or change during his past fights....GSP is great fighter with great defensive takedown but Jake will keep to take GSP down all the night as he can do. It is a takedown attack vs takedown defensive match.

Of course, that what MMA about win...lost...shock the MMA world and bad judges, too.

Matt Hamill will fight Alexander "The Mauler" Gustafsson at UFC 133 this saturday as be shown on SpikeTV's Prelims Live matches.

Wish best luck, Matt!

Matt Hamill will fight Alexander "The Mauler" Gustafsson at UFC 133 this saturday as be shown on SpikeTV's Prelims Live matches.

Wish best luck, Matt!

Matt will win this time. Alexander is a babyface. :giggle:

MATT HAMILL WON THE FIGHT by unanimous decision!!!!

Hamill Returns to Decision Hollett

20120922095225_ddd.JPG

Hamill (left) did enough to win.
“The Ultimate Fighter” Season 3 alum Matt Hamill returned from a year-long retirement to defeat Bellator Fighting Championships veteran Roger Hollett in a featured matchup at 205 pounds. All three cageside judges scored it for Hamill (11-4, 10-4 UFC): 29-28, 30-27 and 30-27.

Hamill did his best work in rounds one and three, as he took down the Canadian repeatedly and racked up the points with punches. The 35-year-old Ohioan held fatigue at bay down the stretch, leaning heavily on his wrestling chops and suffocating top game. Hollett (13-4, 0-1 UFC) entered his promotional debut on a five-fight winning streak and left it a defeated man.

Champion Jon Jones Taps Vitor Belfort in UFC 152 Main Event;

Matt won by luck and stumble bum opponent. Matt has always been gassed after just the middle of the 1st round and never gets up any energy. Either he has a heart condition or his couch is clueless about aerobic conditioning

Matt won by luck and stumble bum opponent. Matt has always been gassed after just the middle of the 1st round and never gets up any energy. Either he has a heart condition or his couch is clueless about aerobic conditioning

Matt probably should take YOGA class to learn how to breathe right. :hmm: I agree he have issues with fatigue.

Matt probably should take YOGA class to learn how to breathe right. :hmm: I agree he have issues with fatigue.

He has a problem with fatigue because like most grapplers, he doesn't work on his cardio as hard as he should.

Laura

Oh he is back?

Old news. He returned last year, his last fight was Sept 22, 2012, and he won the fight against Roger Hollett. He has not fought for almost a year. Finally, he will fight against Thiago Silva on Oct 9th. Thiago is Hamill's biggest test before he can prove that he is a champion contender. I want to see Hamill vs Weidman.

:hmm:

Old news. He returned last year, his last fight was Sept 22, 2012, and he won the fight against Roger Hollett. He has not fought for almost a year. Finally, he will fight against Thiago Silva on Oct 9th. Thiago is Hamill's biggest test before he can prove that he is a champion contender. I want to see Hamill vs Weidman.

:hmm:

Oh thanks. I don't keep on track of him. I hope he is doing well this year.

Back