Mass casualties at theater showing Batman movie

It is AGAINST the law to lock emergency doors [from the inside] while the business is in operation.

May change rule for all movie theaters. We will find out about federal law.

It doesn't matter how many laws are enacted to prevent future occurrences of senseless killings in movie theaters. Evil people will always find a way to execute their horrendous plans and further demoralize society.

Outlaw guns won't create safer society anyway, it is really pointless. If you really want to be safe, go under the rock and stay there and you will be fine. Is it going to work? Im sure you already know the answer.

Mind you, the bombs were illegal, yet this scumbag has bombs in his apartment. SO, if the guns were outlaw, that scumbag could have brought bomb and it would be much worse.

If everyone exercised their second amendment rights, it still wouldn't create a safer society, but instead continue the cycle of violence.

That is what I'd like to know.

Holmes opened the exit door when he was inside the theater , you would think an alarm would had gone off then. How was Holmes able to sneak out the theater then go back in through the exit door unseen. There need to be surveillance cameras around the outside of movie theaters so this can't happen again.

Emergency exit doors are generally not guarded because they all will set off an alarm anyway. [/QUOTE]

I think that movie theaters have or don't have surveillance cameras??

I think that movie theaters have or don't have surveillance cameras??

Movie theaters owned by major companies do have surveillance cameras such as the one that James Holmes unleashed a stream of senseless shootings at. However, with mom-and-pops movie theaters, there might not be any surveillance cameras.

Holmes opened the exit door when he was inside the theater , you would think an alarm would had gone off then. How was Holmes able to sneak out the theater then go back in through the exit door unseen. There need to be surveillance cameras around the outside of movie theaters so this can't happen again.

I agree with you. Should be installed surveillance cameras outside of building. I believe that law on all movie theaters must be installed surveillance cameras outside and inside.

I agree with you. Should be installed surveillance cameras outside of building. I believe that law on all movie theaters must be installed surveillance cameras outside and inside.

There will not ever be a law requiring all movie theaters to install surveillance cameras. Many mom-and-pops movie theaters do not generate enough revenue to install and maintain surveillance cameras.

It is AGAINST the law to lock emergency doors [from the inside] while the business is in operation.
That's right due to fire safety. At all times, it mustn't be locked from inside in case of fire, even when the business is closed. The law applies everywhere that have emergency doors. If a fire marshall finds it locked inside during inspection, there will be a fine.

That's right due to fire safety. At all times, it mustn't be locked from inside in case of fire, even when the business is closed. The law applies everywhere that have emergency doors. If a fire marshall finds it locked inside during inspection, there will be a fine.

Correctamundo! It is a federal law for stores of any kind to have any exit doors remain unlocked from the inside due to safety issues, not just for fires, but for any kind of emergency whether it is unnatural or natural.

If everyone exercised their second amendment rights, it still wouldn't create a safer society, but instead continue the cycle of violence.

I personally wouldn't carry a gun because I am commanded not to do violence to any man. Gun isn't the best form of protection if you ask me.

As for James bringing several guns along with a bulletproof vest into the theater, it is always hard to understand the motives based on the thoughts of a loner or a small group that are left to themselves. These people are depressed and in turn, they commit acts of violence in their depression to create depression in others. These people do not know how to properly deal with their depression.

I remember very well the details of the Columbine High School massacre. This is because I was in high school at the time and my high school was about 25 minutes away from Columbine High School! The two killers [Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold] were loners and were left to themselves in which they conjured up the massacre plans in a basement of one of the boy's home.

Moral of both stories: if you are depressed, get help!

The media published the information about the hair color of James so hence, we have the right to mention this tidbit of information. This information is crucial to understand the underlying motives of James. It is now widely debated that James might have done what he did based on what he saw in previous Batman movies as there are references to old Batman scenes that James might have played out.

Commanded by who? As I recall, if you are referring to what I think you are referring to - Why then were the disciples commanded to purchase swords?

Self defense is not an act of violence, it is an act of defense from violence.

This lunatic didn't need a permit. He didn't have the right to carry his guns into theater. But he did it anyway. That's the point. The lunatic killers will always be able to bring their guns anyplace they want. It's the law-abiding gun owners who cannot.
I was pointing out to Stein who said that any place such as a movie theater should allow people with a gun permit to carry a gun for protection, that would include the lunatic to carry a gun as well since he had a gun permit. So that's a bad idea for any place to allow people to bring a gun inside legally.

Commanded by who? As I recall, if you are referring to what I think you are referring to - Why then were the disciples commanded to purchase swords?

Self defense is not an act of violence, it is an act of defense from violence.

You know exactly who I am referring to! There were only two swords! The reason why Jesus had them bring only two swords is because he knew one of them would cut off the ear of the servant of the priest. This allowed Jesus to perform yet another miracle for those who showed disbelief in him. Jesus never commanded for those swords to be used as a weapon.

Self defense might be an act of defense from violence, but in the act, it also causes violence! Take the example of George Zimmerman! There are numerous examples of people using guns in self defense, but yet they went to prison because of different reasons such as that the guns weren't licensed to them or they improperly used the firearms and so on.

I was pointing out to Stein who said that any place such as a movie theater should allow people with a gun permit to carry a gun for protection, that would include the lunatic to carry a gun as well since he had a gun permit. So that's a bad idea for any place to allow people to bring a gun inside legally.

In most places people are not allowed to bring firearms inside. The reason why people are allowed to bring concealed firearms is because they have the right to protect themselves outside in public.

Sorry I forget to use sign language in addition to my YouTube videos. Next time I will do it.

Yeah, right. **sarcasm** Do you always forget that we are deaf on AllDeaf? Lipreading is not that good either. You are talking like a hearing person. That is why we rely on ASL or Sign Language so it is clear to understand what a person is saying. :slap:

You know exactly who I am referring to! There were only two swords! The reason why Jesus had them bring only two swords is because he knew one of them would cut off the ear of the servant of the priest.

in your *opinion*Jesus told them to get a sword so he could let/allow them enact violence on the servant of the priest so he could then heal him and be "the good guy"? Makes no sense. He actually told them to get a sword so they could defend themselves when they were hunted down after he fulfilled "the prophecy" which is EXACTLY what he was telling his disciples.

This allowed Jesus to perform yet another miracle for those who showed disbelief in him. Jesus never commanded for those swords to be used as a weapon.

Self defense might be an act of defense from violence, but in the act, it also causes violence! Take the example of George Zimmerman! There are numerous examples of people using guns in self defense, but yet they went to prison because of different reasons such as that the guns weren't licensed to them or they improperly used the firearms and so on.

In most places people are not allowed to bring firearms inside. The reason why people are allowed to bring concealed firearms is because they have the right to protect themselves outside in public.

People have the right to protect themselves ... anywhere.

Self defense does not cause violence, it ends it ... permanently.

Yup, that's true.

When I worked at Walmart in past, we cannot block the emergency exit doors with stuff, however some workers blocked it so I had moved cart out of area that where emergency exit is located. The big door to back room cannot be blocked too because it is straight to emergency exit door.

People have the right to protect themselves ... anywhere.

Self defense does not cause violence, it ends it ... permanently.

So you want us to go back into the Wild West where there was no laws and we carried the guns for protection but they get killed anyway no matter what.

Having the gun for protection can lead very dangerous to himself and to his family like children get the hand of the gun if not properly away safely like locked drawer or upper shelf of the closet. Still it can get you in trouble if you try to defend yourself with a gun or any other weapon. They can get you in jail if you committed if you don't know someone that you are not aware of. Just call the police for help and they will try to come as quickly as possible. Having a gun as ownership is not a good idea at all.

Back then in the Wild West, it is really a mess when it comes to shooting the people for the wrong reason. No matter if there are good people or bad people, it is still wrong to carry the gun or any other weapon. Period. The guns should be outlaw no matter what.

So you want us to go back into the Wild West where there was no laws and we carried the guns for protection but they get killed anyway no matter what.

Having the gun for protection can lead very dangerous to himself and to his family like children get the hand of the gun if not properly away safely like locked drawer or upper shelf of the closet. Still it can get you in trouble if you try to defend yourself with a gun or any other weapon. They can get you in jail if you committed if you don't know someone that you are not aware of. Just call the police for help and they will try to come as quickly as possible. Having a gun as ownership is not a good idea at all.

Back then in the Wild West, it is really a mess when it comes to shooting the people for the wrong reason. No matter if there are good people or bad people, it is still wrong to carry the gun or any other weapon. Period. The guns should be outlaw no matter what.

Do you honestly think I meant "no laws?" or did you just make all that up by yourself?

Of course, I never said that, and you know I never said that. Yes, people should be able to defend themselves anywhere a lawbreaker lunatic has access to.

Equal access for the law abiding and non law abiding!!!

The Station nightclub fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That is what happen in the Station night club , the emergency doors where blocked and there was a fire.

Back