Mass casualties at theater showing Batman movie

I don't believe the rumor about the red hair dye has been confirmed.

His downstairs neighbors have said that at exactly midnight last night, loud techno music began playing in his apartment. Police believe it was a ploy to get someone to attempt to open his door and set off the bombs in his apartment to kill even more people.

A neighbor went to Holmes apartment and knocked on the door to tell him to turn down the music , she said the door was unlocked and she was going to open the door. It was a good thing she did not !

Thank you for merged my thread into one thread and I don't see your thread at first place, also couldn't find in current event.

I'm very sad about shooting occurred in the movie theater and it is very tragic story that I have seen.

I'm surprised about Cinemark didn't make statement about shooting occurred on their website because they own Century 16 movie theater that where shooting occur. AMC did make tragic statement on their website and I have say thanks to AMC to honor the victims during shooting.

I know that Colorado is very gun-friendly state and they have SYG law in their book, however it seems cannot be guaranteed about shooting incident can be prevented. Some people asked about why armed citizens haven't shoot at crazy man whoever shooting in the movie theater so my guess answer will be 1) the incident may be too complicated, risky or difficult for armed citizens to deal with massacre and 2) there are no armed citizens in theater that where massacre occurred. Feel free to state any more reason here.

AMC bans costumes, masks in movie theaters after Colorado shooting. Will this policy change make you feel safer at the movies?

AMC Theatres bans costumes, masks in movie theaters after Colorado shooting

AMC said that they are not banned on costumes, however they banned on mask and fake weapons.

3rd update: July 21, 2012, 5 p.m. CDT Contrary to media reports, costumes are not banned, but we will not admit guests with face-concealing masks and we will not allow fake weapons in the buildings. We want all our guests to feel comfortable at our theatres and we will be closely monitoring

https://getsatisfaction.com/amc_theatres/topics/statement_about_aurora_incident

Thank you for merged my thread into one thread and I don't see your thread at first place, also couldn't find in current event.
You're welcome. :)

2) there are no armed citizens in theater that where massacre occurred.
That's it. Law-abiding citizens with concealed carry permits aren't allowed to bring guns into movie theaters. Law-ignoring crazed killers without concealed carry permits can do what they want with guns in a movie theater.

My heart goes out to those people in Colorado - the victims and their loved ones. I was shocked to hear about this upon waking up. It is a real tragedy. All these people wanted to do at the time was watch a cool superhero movie. The asshole is definitely going to get what he deserves.

I also feel so horrible about what happened to that sports journalist... apparently she escaped some shooting incident in Toronto last month, only to end up dying in another shooting incident last night.

That's it. Law-abiding citizens with concealed carry permits aren't allowed to bring guns into movie theaters. Law-ignoring crazed killers without concealed carry permits can do what they want with guns in a movie theater.

It is sad that many people who can purchase firearms legally use the objects to inflict damage on the human race. Many of these people do not take thought of the dire consequences of their actions.

My heart goes out to those people in Colorado - the victims and their loved ones. I was shocked to hear about this upon waking up. It is a real tragedy. All these people wanted to do at the time was watch a cool superhero movie. The asshole is definitely going to get what he deserves.

I also feel so horrible about what happened to that sports journalist... apparently she escaped some shooting incident in Toronto last month, only to end up dying in another shooting incident last night.

Please refrain from using bad language. What happened to Jessica shows that death is inevitable. This also reminds us of our very fragile mortality!

Terrible. I Remembered High School In Colorado, And Now Movie Theater In Colorado. That's So Ridiculous!! But, I'm So Thank God I Did No Going To The Movie Since 2005. When I Remembered Last Spring My Hubby/Me Went There But, I Changed Mind And Told My Hubby, I Did No Want To Go. I Explained My Hubby. "If We Go To The Movie, I Feel No SECURE Because My Heart Tell ME Someone Want To Make Fun Everyone SCARE" That's No Right Until Today AAAH I Knew It!! But I Don't Live In CO. - I Live From MA If MA Or All States Will Happen, You Will Never Know. Stupid Someone No Respect For Everyone Innocent. That's Scare Alll Of People. I Will Pray For Them Stay Strong. If You Will No Pray. They Will Bad Happen. You Know That?

God Bless You!!

Stop using guns to kill things!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKlKUCRtRuE]You don't need guns! End deadly massacre... - YouTube[/ame]

If just one person in that theater had been carrying a gun, they could have defended all the other people who got shot by that lunatic. This is a very firm opinion I hold and no amount of spin will ever change my mind.

Just because it was "illegal" to carry a gun into a public gathering such as a movie theater, this did not stop this lunatic from bringing a gun there. It also enabled this criminal to shoot more unarmed victims, since law abiding citizens follow the law and do not carry in places that are not permitted.

This was very sad and should not be used as a sort of political tool - people have the right to defend themselves ... period.

If just one person in that theater had been carrying a gun, they could have defended all the other people who got shot by that lunatic. This is a very firm opinion I hold and no amount of spin will ever change my mind.

Just because it was "illegal" to carry a gun into a public gathering such as a movie theater, this did not stop this lunatic from bringing a gun there. It also enabled this criminal to shoot more unarmed victims, since law abiding citizens follow the law and do not carry in places that are not permitted.

This was very sad and should not be used as a sort of political tool - people have the right to defend themselves ... period.
In other words, this lunatic would have a right to carry a gun there, too if it was permitted. We are not cowboys (and cowgirls as well, phew). This is not Western style anymore.

BTW, before this incident, I always thought that it could happen like that because there are no security at theaters and elsewhere.

Last edited:
report is nothing yet about names and ages are killed and injured???

In other words, this lunatic would have a right to carry a gun there, too if it was permitted. We are not cowboys (and cowgirls as well, phew). This is not Western style anymore.
This lunatic didn't need a permit. He didn't have the right to carry his guns into theater. But he did it anyway. That's the point. The lunatic killers will always be able to bring their guns anyplace they want. It's the law-abiding gun owners who cannot.

MODS: One more request. Can you please change the title of this thread. I don't want the killer's name included. The focus should be on the victims, not the killer.

:ty:

Easier? Nope your funny! There are billions of guns around the world!
And do not mess with 2nd amendment!

This won't have happened if everyone carries guns.

Did you realize that there are huge database list of all guns legally sold though FBI, NOT even single information from database leads to conviction, did you know this? This is a fact, yet we spent billions of dollars on this database. This proves that it does not make any easier for FBI when try to get it under control. Know why it is still inefficent? Simple put often guns were stolen which can lose the tracking, FBI can not stop them from being stolen. Some guns were used illegally and sold illegally which makes it harder to track back and who use which one.

It is easier for FBI/Police to capture a person who bought guns ak-47 via online illegally if there's gun law.

MODS: One more request. Can you please change the title of this thread. I don't want the killer's name included. The focus should be on the victims, not the killer.

:ty:

Sure. CNN said more stories are expected to surface Saturday morning when police publicly release a list of the victims. but I won't add lists of names on post.

That's weird too.

"The Joker is the leering, cruel, green-haired supervillain of the Batman series of comics, movies and TV shows. The Joker was created by artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger, and was featured in the very first Batman comic book, Batman #1, published in 1940. In the original comics and in the later films, the Joker is a vicious, giggling psychopath who sometimes maims his victims with a version of his hideous grin. In other instances, like the goofy 1960s TV series (where he was played by Cesar Romero), he is more of a joke-loving mastermind, tossing bons mots and grenades with equal aplomb. In all cases the Joker's appearance has remained basically the same: white skin, green hair, bright red lips twisted into a garish cackle, and a wardrobe heavy on purple. He was played memorably by Jack Nicholson in the 1989 film Batman (with Michael Keaton as Batman). He was played by Heath Ledger for the 2008 film The Dark Knight, with Christian Bale as Batman; Ledger died after filming in 2007 but before the film's release the next year."
The Joker Biography - Birthday, Photos - Who2.com

The color of Holmes hair is not something to be thinking about, our thoughts should be on all the families that lost love ones in the shooting and the victims that got wounded. I can't believe you posted all the stuff about the Joker when 12 innocents people where killed and 59 people are wounded.

Back