Israel Vows to Expand Gaza Airstrikes as Death Toll Passes 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royale

Reaction score
Israel have the right to protect Israelis from terrorism. Royale, you are right that Hamas shouldn't have called off the ceasefire.

Israel have the right to protect Israelis from terrorism. Royale, you are right that Hamas shouldn't have called off the ceasefire.

Suppose the argument was on the other foot--maybe the Palestinians are protecting themselves from the Israeli terrorists???

Israel can us that argument as well as the Palestinians/Hamas.

I think there is more to it that the media isn't telling us...... :hmm:

FOXNews.com - Israel Vows to Expand Gaza Airstrikes as Death Toll Passes 200 - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

The Hamas should not called off their ceasefire against Israel recently. The attempt to attack Israel went wrong when their mortar attack killed two Palestinian girls.

The Hamas is officially listed and recognized as one of the terrorist organizations by some countries.

The entire nation of Israel is a terrorist organization.

When Israel strikes, the U.S media is silent. Instead, the blame is assigned to Hamas.

Wake up people.

That argument doesn't work when Israel is actively suppressing the Palestinians, preventing them from getting necessary health care and from earning a living like their Israeli counterparts.

I disagree with Israel's "military" strikes (particularly as they have everything to gain with more Jews and less Palestinians) and their general treatment of the Palestinians but I'm wondering as to why Hamas and many Palestinians are so committed to fighting a jihad that's going nowhere. Both sides have blown off any effort to extend the ceasefire, and Hamas ignites the conflict again with an incredibly underscaled military effort that only gives Israel reason to start aggressively bombing again.

Hamas this, Hamas that.

Let's try and pay attention to what Israel's doing for once.

For far too long, they have gotten away with their "self-defense" excuse. They are bringing war unto themselves.

This is nothing more than a continuation of the religious war that has been raging in that area for years.

This is nothing more than a continuation of the religious war that has been raging in that area for years.

It's always been a war over land and I believe that when people are forced off land that they have lived on for generations, that they will fight back. It's inevitable. It doesn't help that our government has armed and funded Israel for decades, which has led to their rise as a "mini-me" type of superpower.

The best solution is to allow the Palestinians to have their own state and to have a voice greater than Hamas. When Iran's president denied the holocaust, I interpreted it as a jab towards Israel and it shows the anger and frustration of those in the Arab world (which is justified in the case of Gaza).

It's always been a war over land and I believe that when people are forced off land that they have lived on for generations, that they will fight back. It's inevitable. It doesn't help that our government has armed and funded Israel for decades, which has led to their rise as a "mini-me" type of superpower.

The best solution is to allow the Palestinians to have their own state and to have a voice greater than Hamas. When Iran's president denied the holocaust, I interpreted it as a jab towards Israel and it shows the anger and frustration of those in the Arab world (which is justified in the case of Gaza).

They are fighting over land, but the fight is founded in religious principles.

The entire nation of Israel is a terrorist organization.

When Israel strikes, the U.S media is silent. Instead, the blame is assigned to Hamas.

Wake up people.

That wasn't my understanding when I read Detroit Free Press. I feel that Free Press is kowtowing to the large Arab minorities in Dearborn (just west of Detroit). Once I read a huge headline saying that Israel bombed Gaza or something like that. It made Israel look bad by the headline alone because when I read down toward the end, it explained that Israelis were responding to Hamas' bombing. I am truly disgusting with Free Press' slanting views.

If Israel wants to, it can go to war with any of muslim countries surrounding Israel. However, it made peace with Jordan and Egypt and that tells me that Israelis aren't warmongers. It is the muslim extremists that are the problem.

Israel is one of the most muderous regimes in the world and they would simply collapse without US support. Just a few months ago their Court ordered them to stop using Palestinian civilians as shields in their patrols/attacks. God's "special" people. God help us all.
And by the way, Palin says that the Israeli flag is the only flag in her office. Go figure.

Israel is one of the most muderous regimes in the world and they would simply collapse without US support. Just a few months ago their Court ordered them to stop using Palestinian civilians as shields in their patrols/attacks. God's "special" people. God help us all.
And by the way, Palin says that the Israeli flag is the only flag in her office. Go figure.

Link, please.

Both sides just need to watch some Zohan and see that Palestinians and Israeli are getting along fine and dandy in the USA.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzkLAkXAyTM]YouTube - Zohan Intro[/ame]

I found the link:
Human Rights Watch Statement on our November 22 Press Release | Human Rights Watch

It goes both way... the Palestinians use civilians as shield.

"(Jerusalem, November 22, 2006) – Palestinian armed groups must not endanger Palestinian civilians by encouraging them to gather in and around suspected militants’ homes targeted by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), Human Rights Watch said today.

Calling civilians to a location that the opposing side has identified for attack is at worst human shielding, at best failing to take all feasible precautions to protect civilians from the effects of attack. Both are violations of international humanitarian law."

I have read that the muslim extremists often use their mosque to store the firearms which is outrageous as a stick of dynamite could go off and blow up everybody in the mosque.

Taliban extremists in Afghanistan used women and children as shield as they escaped. Link:Taleban use children as shields to fight British - Times Online

Sorry, I just don't see Hamas and the likes as champion of human rights.

Beowulf: It is a good manner to provide the link.

Okay, Buffalo, I will be more considerate and provide links pertinent to my statements.
I have also read a variety of versions on this war, and I am dismayed there are so many. We need to be wary of the sources, blah blah. I could expound more on my own views, but since I will be called for links, I will refrain from doing so. :lol:

Other than the Detroit Free Press, I could count the amount of opposition to Israel in our media using one hand.

I have no problem with the Israeli troops and tanks invade Gaza Strip. I'm all for it and I support Israel.

Wake up, Brad, what the fuck do you mean the entire nation of Israel is a terrorist organization? Then, I feel that you're the anti-semitic.

Israel did already warning issues to the Hamas to stop throw Hamas' homemade missiles to strike Israel several times in several months, otherwise, the Israelis will have the right use to the defense forces against the Hamas. Therefore, they already crossed the border, and Israel's primary targets, to destory the Hamas militant and cease the missiles. Time for the Hamas to learn the lesson: Don't fuck with the Israelis.

And, recently, the UN told between Israel and Hamas to stop shooting each other, bascially, and the USA telling the UN to shut the fuck up. I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back