Is deaf allows to get a job for model?

Being deaf shouldn't stop you becoming a model! There was a campaign in the UK by Gok Wan and Marks and Spencer's, getting people in wheelchairs and with all sorts of disabilities to be models for their clothes.

Altho being deaf and a model, you'll notice no different in the picture, I actually liked seeing people in wheelchairs etc etc as models. It showed the real world, not the fake world!

Being deaf shouldn't stop you becoming a model! There was a campaign in the UK by Gok Wan and Marks and Spencer's, getting people in wheelchairs and with all sorts of disabilities to be models for their clothes.

Altho being deaf and a model, you'll notice no different in the picture, I actually liked seeing people in wheelchairs etc etc as models. It showed the real world, not the fake world!

RIGHT!?

Someone's going to look at the picture and be like "AWWW NA I KNOW SHE'S DEAF!?" lmao! If you can point out a deafie from a hearie when there is no aids involved, you should be proud of your useless talent and go cry in a corner somewhere... your talent amounts to nothing. :laugh2:

Seriously though, no visual difference. =P And everyone knows us deaf girls are sexier! hehehe... :cool2:

quite a few models are deaf and blind ,i watch Tyra Banks..i not sure if nicol is deaf

It's very hard for anyone to enter a modeling agency. Many Deaf people are UGLY! I don't know why, but I have to say it. SORRY! But as for you, I have no idea.

I work for a very nice hotel here in St. Petersburg Florida. We get a TON of models that come stay with us from all over the world usually involved with the HSN studio around the corner from us. I will tell you, I've met 3 deaf models with them. So there's a simple answer... Never asked in detail, I just know they're deaf, and I'm their favorite person because we sign. =P You're only limited by what you let yourself be limited by. Being deaf is certainly no different. If you want to be a model, go be a model. Plain and simple.

You work for this hotel and you're a paramedic as well?

It's very hard for anyone to enter a modeling agency. Many Deaf people are UGLY! I don't know why, but I have to say it. SORRY! But as for you, I have no idea.

I disagree I have seen photos of people here and there are some very good looking women and men. People had said I look like Joan Baez when I was younger and she was very pretty .

:roll: Have you ever been to a deaf conference or some kind of deaf meetup? I've seen some pretty looking deaf girls!

You work for this hotel and you're a paramedic as well?

Damn right, I have 2 jobs. =P I'm also in school part time finishing my advanced Paramedic certification so that hopefully one day I can work on the helicopter to treat the severely injured who have to be flown in. =) ( It's called Bay flight here in Tampa ) I work for the hotel part time, the Paramedic job is what pays the bills. =P

I can't bear to stay bored and not do anything, so I have a schedule planned down to the minute of what I have to do when, and how I fit everything in. I might as well do it when I'm young I figure and save now, as I certainly can't rely on my retirement in the United States paying me anything... -_-

That's a keyword. Therefore, some deaf people are beautiful.

Yes, it's not easy to get a modeling job due to competition just like other career jobs.

Last edited:

One word... Damn. I've met TONS of sexy deaf people, I don't know where you live at... but I've seen more attractive deafies than ugly ones... :shock:

I laugh at the comment saying that many deaf people are ugly. I have to say that's untrue at all. Deaf and hearing people are equal with levels of inner beauty and outside beauty. Let's say I've seen plenty of beautiful deaf people at deaf nation expo and other big events, including plus size individuals. Ulgy is a relative to one's point of view not the person itself.

One word... Damn. I've met TONS of sexy deaf people, I don't know where you live at... but I've seen more attractive deafies than ugly ones... :shock:
Misdirectionx has issues….

These two ladies are on my softball team which consists of only deaf women.

I definitely don't think they are in the ugly category.

Attachments

• Jenna.jpg
    Jenna.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 27

What planet do you belong to b/c it isn't earth?! :pissed:

Back