In your opinon,Who is americas greatest rock n roll band

I wonder if anyone change their mind about
the best rock n roll band group lately ??

My own daydreams in my mind are almost
same as my own music, perhaps the
BEST rock-n-roll band group of all
(Hmm, hmm I'm nodding my head with rhythm again !)
Even though I still can NOT hear anything at all
Amazing !! :)

Last edited:
Hmmm... The Best... That's a subjective question. Music is like art. Ones mans treasure is another mans trash. There are so many great bands from history and even today there are many great new bands. I guess my personal favorite from the past are Rolling Stones, Rush, Led Zepplin and some of my favs from today are Linkin Park, Creed, Godsmack, RHCP. Geeze, there are a ton of others too. I guess I love all kinds of music.

I don't listen to all that myself. But one rock group I've always liked when I was young was Def Leppard

led zeppelin, the beatles, queen, humble pie, and these days .. im really into the hush sound

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Rolling Stones! Them, along with AC/DC, and the Who.

And Alex, Iron Maiden is, in my opinion, the best metal band ever!

I've always liked Elvis. Can't believe its been about 30 years already since he died. Time sure went fast.

I've always liked Elvis. Can't believe its been about 30 years already since he died. Time sure went fast.

Yeah! I remember him and never forget on that day when I read the newspaper about the death of Elvis... 30 years... oh dear... real fast...

I believe the Americans favorite rock and roll group was the Beatles

When I was watching the history of the Beatles, Paul McCartney was so popular that women would be screaming his name. Let's not forget Elvis too...(Peachylady mention him) Well done woman! :ily:

I believe the Americans favorite rock and roll group was the Beatles

When I was watching the history of the Beatles, Paul McCartney was so popular that women would be screaming his name. Let's not forget Elvis too...(Peachylady mention him) Well done woman! :ily:

The Beatles were from Great Britain.

Two more nominees

Lynyrd Skynyrd is a Southern Rock band from my HS days (70's). Freebird and Sweet Home Alabama are two of their greatest hits. They were on VH1classic this afternoon.

Bob Seeger and the Silver Bullet Band are worth a mention too.

Just one band? Hmmm... There are a lot of good ones like the Stones, Beatles, the Who, Pink Floyd, and a lot of others that made a big impact on rock and pop music. But come on, guys... without Led Zeppelin we would have never had "heavy metal". They were the band that heavy metal started with. So they get my vote for best band ever.

LED ZEPPELIN RULES!!:bowdown:

But since the question was: Who was America's greatest rock and roll band? I would say The Eagles.

Defmusicman,

:werd:

You took the words right out of my mouth. The Eagles rock!! Their "Hell Freezes Over" album is just as good as the classics. They also put on one he** of a live concert! :)

Glad that you agree with me, Hear Again. I never had the privilege of seeing the Eagles live but I do know that their "Greatest Hits" album is the best selling album EVER! I like a lot of American bands but the Eagles stand head and shoulders above the rest.

Back