How do you manage your headaches?

Lissa

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have had headaches many times this week, usually a dose of ibuprofen will keep it away, but like the day before yesterday ibuprofen won't remove it at all, and now today I've got another headache *sighs* it's not unusual for me to have so many headaches so just wondering what you all do to keep them away or to ease them?

I do have hypertension so idk if I need go to get my bp checked which it hasnt been checked for six months

I just started having migranes. Throbbing pain. Always in the same location. My pain meds help somewhat.

Have you seen a neurologist yet? My appointment was no help but you might have better luck than I did.

There may be a problems in your house or apt. Check for molds or whatever. My house in SC has molds and I have headaches often there but since I moved here in Florida and my grandparents doesn't have a mold and I rare get headaches.

In our house, we have 5 out of 6 people who suffer from headaches frequently.

Mother - cannot take anything for hers so she has to go to a quiet dark room and it will usually go away within 2-3 hours.

MIL - hers are allergy related, so we have to sweep, dust, vacuum, clean the verticals and all that for her to feel better. She also takes Tylenol as well as taking a daily allergy pill. Once in a while her BP is the culprit and I check her BP weekly (doctor's orders)

Hubby - his are allergy or sinus related. Let him take some Tylenol and sleep and he's usually fine.

Daughter - hers are allergy or PMS related. We go through the house cleaning just like for MIL and she will be fine. If it's PMS, she takes Pamprin. Once in a while she will take Tylenol.

Son - his are generally migraines. They could be from allergies, lack of sleep or too much reading or video gaming. If we catch it early enough, he can take my Excedrin: Tension Headache. If we don't, he takes it anyway, then will go lie down in a dark room and sleep.

Me - mine are mostly stress and tension or heat related, but can also be allergies. They are always migraines. I have a high threshold for pain, so my normal headache is a migraine for most people. If I get a migraine, then it is "madness" for most people. If my hair goes 2 days without washing, I get a headache that is blinding. If I use any hair treatment like mousse or hair-spray, then I know a headache is coming. I have to wash the hair and take the Excedrin:Tension Headache. If it's heat, stress or like that, then I get into my car turn the A/C full blast and drive along the beach.

Since going Vegan, I do not get as many headaches as I did before for stress and such. I can't do anything about the heat since the A/C in the house is not working. I no longer put anything in my hair and I wash it daily and change my sheets 3 times a week. (pillow cases were also a problem)

Son is limiting his time reading and video gaming and taking plenty of breaks, so he doesn't get his headaches. I also check his blood pressure weekly due to his weight problem. So far, with the exception of MIL's BP that is regulated with medicine, we all have good normal ranges with our blood pressure. The results are faxed monthly to the doctor and we are also checked monthly by a neighbor who is a home care RN.

Avoid caffeine. Eat smaller healthy meals through the day. Drink lots of water.

I have lots of headache project tough I am manager too much on worst to headache fail because advil

please more lots of drink water lots your brain because cloth headache! that is why!

I am investiage on cause on my medication reason risk on cause headache on mess on my health I am very aware it on tough risk on health cause on risk not fair on my psychiast reason serious I want to remove on medication!

It is very issues cause pretty serious on because caffience not good health for you! I cope on my health!

My hub has bad headaches too. Have you seen doctor about it why you have it so many this week. :(

I have never heard that banjo said, try almonds. I did google it and it does relieve headaches. let me know if you plan to try it and keep us posted. I wish i knew how to ease the headaches. :(

I get A LOT of horrible migranes.. I was put on Migrane meds for them and it seems to help, although I still get really bad ones once in a great while that require me to go in and get a pain shot for at the clinic

I get A LOT of horrible migranes.. I was put on Migrane meds for them and it seems to help, although I still get really bad ones once in a great while that require me to go in and get a pain shot for at the clinic

I'm just curious, did you see a nutritionist? Some migraines can be triggered by specific food additives, for instance, MSG which is commonly found in cheddar cheese and many other food products.

Banjo, thanks for asking.. Yes, I have seen a nutritionist. I also saw a neurologist. I have been watching the MSG levels in my food for quite some time and also watch my salt intake. Seems to help some. Also I limit caffine intake and chocolate (which is hard cause I have the WORST sweet tooth).

Banjo, thanks for asking.. Yes, I have seen a nutritionist. I also saw a neurologist. I have been watching the MSG levels in my food for quite some time and also watch my salt intake. Seems to help some. Also I limit caffine intake and chocolate (which is hard cause I have the WORST sweet tooth).

My wife gets migraines too as well. She has to watch what she eats. Particular chocolate products can trigger a nasty migraines. Some don't, some do.

Take soft warm shower. AFter finish, put cold wet apply on small towel place on your back of neck.

I usually do not get headaches unless my sinuses are bothering me. Then I take an allergy pill along with a pain reliever.

I like Aleve. All day pain-free. :) Must drink full glass of water. I get a headache couple of times a month. Thanks to allergies. Grrrr...

Back