How do you manage your headaches?

i am serious damn it I hate on my headache i remmeber my mom issues headache truth! my family I knew serious my headache i break on 2 hours limit because my client warned me not good worst to stress! I learn it! they help me manager teach me role pretty

I have to take a nap , pills do not work for me. I also trying having a cup of coffee , it does help we sometime.

Wirelessly posted

I have constant tension headache for a month now with maybe 3 seperate days of with no headache, 3 migraines attack (migraine attack seems to improve though I used to have it once or twice a week) its getting ridlicious and doctor didnt care enough to investigate further, I'm seriously considering tinted eyeglasses my triggers are fluorsence light, any strong smell, cold air, cloudy day's light (all white), too much bright colors, some food like buffalo wings, etc its stupid I have enough issues already

dehydration was definitely the cause of my headaches. I had my antidepressants adjusted/changed, my eyes checked, saw neurologist and doctor, etc. etc. etc., tried muscle relaxants, nothing helped. Even did some physical therapy to see if it would help. Nope. But then I started drinking more water, and my headaches went away finally! So now I make sure I drink enough water to keep the headaches at bay.

My daughter's doctor on Friday said the #1 cause of headaches is not drinking sufficient amount of water.

I've had a headache for the last 2 days and today is the worst. I know what is causing it, but I can't seem to rectify the situation. It's from lack of sleep. Either I am in a lot of pain and can't sleep, or I have had it interrupted with a minor catastrophe, or if I want to nap in the daytime, there's usually no time, or the house is too hot.

I am low on my Excedrin, so I don't want to use them. My next option is something I don't want to deal with, but I may have to so I can get some relief, even if it's temporary. That's a cup of coffee. I am plenty hydrated. I have had my 64 ounces of water each day, and so far today I am 2/3 of the way there.

i have a big headache right now and my head won't stop spinning..

whenever my head hurts, i exercise by jogging. exercising increases circulation and bloodflow throughout the body, allowing the oxygen to reach the brain. i would jog right now, but i'm hurting too much to move. so i took ibuprofen and it should start kicking in soon.

a cold dark room - puts me to sleep hopfully
pain killers or willow bark tea - to combat the pain
wet hair- seems to help for some reason
and ear plugs- even if it's only a whisper my brain tries to focus on it and makes my headaches worse. So if I can't hear it then my brain doesn't try to ruin my efforts

Managed to get rid of previous headache, but today I got a whiz-banger of one. Can't be lack of sleep - I slept for 11 hours last night. Can't be lack of water, I am drinking my 64 oz a day. I am eating properly and staying clean. Have clean sheets on the bed. Not sure what is up, but I am back to averaging them 4 out of 7 days now. I even took 2 days off the computer and that didn't help.

I actually have a painkiller injection that I self administer for my headaches. Works awesome.

Really? what it is? I always look for the miraculous drug to stop the pain..

Fuzzy

I hate on headache numberous I work on stress I delete spammer awful I keep hard work I do best my job duty responsibity cope too much! balance reason figure!

I am beginning to get daily headaches again. Not sure what's causing it, but after a call in to the doctor, he has no suggestions. I asked about going back to coffee, 1 cup a day, and he said that would be fine as long as it's no more. Now, I get to buy some flavored creamer or syrup for my coffee as I hate the taste of it.

maybe on cause systme headache medications I suspect! I can't do that help i am willing medication reason issues!

I'm just curious, did you see a nutritionist? Some migraines can be triggered by specific food additives, for instance, MSG which is commonly found in cheddar cheese and many other food products.

Mine seem to be triggered by either stress or caffinee withdrawal. I used to have a great many migraines before I moved out of my parents and I left my old workplace. They tend to return when I have to stay with my parents for several weeks.

Mine seem to be triggered by either stress or caffinee withdrawal. I used to have a great many migraines before I moved out of my parents and I left my old workplace. They tend to return when I have to stay with my parents for several weeks.

I am seriously beginning to believe mine are due to dealing with my mother and her declining mental health. This dementia is really moving now.

Now is believed that the stress is not the cause itself but it cause our immune system to get weaker, and then all the other triggers become stronger:
Migraine Is a Disease: Is Stress a Migraine Trigger?

pay attention especially to what Teri Robert says, because she is very known
as Migraine Expert. she even wrote a book, and it's pretty good
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Living-Well-Migraine-Disease-Headaches/dp/0060766859]Amazon.com: Living Well with Migraine Disease and Headaches: What Your Doctor Doesn't Tell You...That You Need to Know (Living Well (Collins)) (9780060766856): Teri Robert: Books[/ame]

So, yeah, if you are living in stressful situation, your immune system get weaker,
also your normal routine is no longer as it was
and the headaches attack more often.

Fuzzy

Now is believed that the stress is not the cause itself but it cause our immune system to get weaker, and then all the other triggers become stronger:
Migraine Is a Disease: Is Stress a Migraine Trigger?

pay attention especially to what Teri Robert says, because she is very known
as Migraine Expert. she even wrote a book, and it's pretty good
Amazon.com: Living Well with Migraine Disease and Headaches: What Your Doctor Doesn't Tell You...That You Need to Know (Living Well (Collins)) (9780060766856): Teri Robert: Books

So, yeah, if you are living in stressful situation, your immune system get weaker,
also your normal routine is no longer as it was
and the headaches attack more often.

Fuzzy
This stressful situation is something else. We live with my MIL and my mother has lived with us since 9 months after we married. Mother now has a terminal illness with dementia.

I give up because headahce I contact to someonebody support consellor i have anxiety serious chemcial reason i hate everyday on many time 1,000 millon thousand headache I am serious!

Back