Hovrs' Mvp

Yep, I got email messages from Midwest Regional (GoAmerica/HoVRS) about MVP. I am getting MVP anytime. I bet they can get "Access Point" for me to hook up a WiFi networking.

Yep, I got email messages from Midwest Regional (GoAmerica/HoVRS) about MVP. I am getting MVP anytime. I bet they can get "Access Point" for me to hook up a WiFi networking.

got free access point if customers needing? what is brand name of access point? I have one D-link access point at home but I use dlink WBR-2310 wireless router now.

snallga said:
Unlikely, Sorenson installers will pull out and peek on what you doing with ur vp on their sorenson system. They will check on you If you don't have to use internet too much, the installers will come and see you about vp. It happened to me as well.

You know both CSDvrs or HOVRS vp will coming soon. I suppose If CSDvrs customer service will contact you, they will question you about HOVRS' vp. same to HOVRS customer service. I can't imagaine that they will do that. I hope it won't happen between both CSDVRS or HOVRS vp.

vwbug19 said:
sorenson vrs is technically a monopoly and a real idiot they needs to go back to bussiness school! lmao i hates them for slow vrs reponse and for locking out the networking setting pah! but before the fcc rule on phone numbers sorenson vp was great on linking phone numbers to ip address where other rely on ipaddress and now new fcc rule will make geussing ipadress a thing of past when other starts links each other like interopratity so its thunbs bottom down for sorenson

Uhhh.. you are wrong.. It not only Sorenson. It is also HOVRS problem too but not for CSDVRS.

1. Both Sorenson and HOVRS provided the devices are free while CSDVRS doesn't due profit treat as equal function of living.

2. About the CSDVRS and HOVRS question as you hope that won't happen? Well, you are wrong. The HOVRS customer care/representative say to me and clear... "Same idea of Sorenson, you use our VRS service and then we will give you MVP the more you use same thing with VP200." Why in the world of business they are talk about Sorenson. Where is Hand-On??

Excuse me, I can make the choice to either MVP or VP200 and the Z. The impact their business is the telephone number that apply to one default service. I not okay with that that should add some rules, it should apply to one VRS instead of multi-VRS telephone number. For example; if I want HOVRS and nothing else and that should add on FCC. Yes, it should limited due waste fund if that telephone number never used...

3. Sorenson make a lot easier but about lock thing. Did you ask them why? Yes to prevent and plus... what interesting me is that access code, if nothing happen mean that my videophone isn't connection. If it become successful and allow me controlled that mean my videophone is function by internet.

4. The impact will invloved the VRS money to paid the telephone for us by what FCC say so. Image that... if I got MVP and I decide want use Sorenson VRS as my default. If I have VP200, I want set default the HOVRS or the CSDVRS. The Hand-On is limited not like Sorenson due fund in Sorenson's expess.

5. The big issue, the IP Address is still there no matter what! For example; the other VRS doesn't have same benefit what Sorenson offer us. Such as that Sorenson videophone can handle by ip address update itself. When you log into the HOVRS account, have you notice that asked for IP Address to update. NO-IP Address is not solution for anything! Reason; no computer... While the Sorenson videophone, I am talking about both VP100 and the VP200 does update itself the IP Address.

6. The most important is 911, friendly, and easy to use... Again, I don't give a damn "You got a purple? You got purple number?" or "WHOOOOAAA! FAST CONNECTION!" or "We are provide the best service." Most important is read the fine print of agreement with VRS that they provide you the equirement even it free or charge. Believe it or not, the CSDVRS agreement is that if you buy the Z device, you are not "ALLOW" to resold or selling. Same idea with SNAPVRS provided OJO a free, but you will paid if that OJO damaged.

7. Sorenson isn't out of money. If you research their background business isn't same as another VRS out there. HOVRS is under Go America... I don't personally support Go America due Wyndtell or Deafwireless. Go America promises are worthless...

8. Don't blame the VRS due the interpreter shortage, it is our FAULT... because they need support their own living but without work and waste their study skill to become interpreter. Right now, the VRS is contact the college or other that invloved with technology such as VRS. Interest part, some interpreter HATE VRS.. reason, they don't want deal with technology which its interest...

9. I rather Interpreter, Employee and the customer are happies. Without the happy, there will no bridge between the communties...

The recommended web cameras that have CCD sensors are:

1. Logitech Quickcam for Notebook Pro
2. Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 or 5000
3. Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000

Be sure to buy a video camera with a CCD sensor. CCD sensors are listed on the technical specifications on the box. We do not recommend purchasing a camera with CMOS sensors; this type of sensor may slow down your videoconference capabilities.

Thanks for the interesting tip!

I just bought a QuickCam NB Pro (#1)... great and right type of webcam yet I didn't try to use it for relay use but will .

So many deaf people want something free and/or don't know how to work the devices and get mad and blame the installers . ( I once was an installer and got calls at 2am !!). Sorenson was one of the first to give the use of the VP for free. Now Viable wants you to buy it . CSD is run by Ben Sokup who only looks out for himself . Ask someone to send you a pic of his house. I am glad there are more VRS providers and remember only get the device that you know how to use and take care of. Don't be blaming the installers nor the companies so much. VP are slowly becoming more technical and there should be nationwide workshops where a deaf person can go and look at ALL of the devices and pick the one that fits their needs. Interpreters are only scalping the deaf by overcharging and keeping othet interpreter wanna be out of the field . I have seen that happen so many times. It is as I call it " Sign of the Times"

got free access point if customers needing? what is brand name of access point? I have one D-link access point at home but I use dlink WBR-2310 wireless router now.

I have a EBR-2310 router (wired), I would need to get Dlink DWL-2100AP (WiFi Access Point Adapter), AP plugged into my wired router, the AP will detecting a MVP's WiFi.

^^ such as? Are you referring to the internet or the wireless adaptor?

I read all message said MVP will be ready late Aug or early Sept but nothing?

MVPs aren't ready yet. Hovrs still take test for it. that s bug. I think that they might be ready in the autumn or early winter. but they had gotten over 85,000 customers who already signed up to get free MVPs. Sorry for delay.

MVPs aren't ready yet. Hovrs still take test for it. that s bug. I think that they might be ready in the autumn or early winter. but they had gotten over 85,000 customers who already signed up to get free MVPs. Sorry for delay.

It's cool that HOVRS wanna make sure that the MVP is ready to go so we would be completely satisfied but it would be also nice if they start sending MVPs out in beta - let us beta-test for them and report anything, and HOVRS would do the same... altogether could put up a fix on it by update (firmware upgrade??) via MVP.

Safe bet is to wait until the MVP is ready. Patience is the key!

oh well, thanks

It's cool that HOVRS wanna make sure that the MVP is ready to go so we would be completely satisfied but it would be also nice if they start sending MVPs out in beta - let us beta-test for them and report anything, and HOVRS would do the same... altogether could put up a fix on it by update (firmware upgrade??) via MVP.

Safe bet is to wait until the MVP is ready. Patience is the key!

Hear, hear -- not to cuase the trouble on VPADs, Viable have done

Hear, hear -- not to cuase the trouble on VPADs, Viable have done

I heard there was some complaints about that product. Earlier this year, I went to DeafExpo in Pomona, Cali - the first time VPAD being publicly released on sale... boy, they were SOLD OUT! Few hours before it closed, I think, as usual at 6 o'clock. And no, I wasn't one of the exciting buyers. I hope the buyers think their VPAD is worth the money and the time. I mean, isn't VP-200 enough? x_X;

What about MVP? How does it differ between the two? Oh loads! It's free! Aha, so it's like stealing a candy from a child. =P

I own a VPAD myself and I don't have the trouble, but I am in the middle of invesitgaging a VPAD from my client which the touchscreen went bonkers.

I was told by a friend who attended NAD Convention last summer where CSDVRS and HOVRS both were there showing their new models, Z series and MVP.

They told her the differences between them are; if your MVP is broken, you have to pay for it to be fixed while the Z series, if broken, shall be no charge for you to have it fixed. hmm

MVP offers up to 8 video calls on a screen while Z series only one on the screen. That is what we many already knew about, ofc.

You can buy Z 340 for a $99 unless if you have a $10 certificate (I got one) then it would be $89. I plan to buy one asap when they start selling them... think it should be ready by October but not too sure.

I will attend ASL Expo in Orlando this Saturday to pick up more in person, the better. (will ask them about charges for fixing, too and let u know)

yes vpad had a bug so just plug in an usb mouse and fix it simple ,the updated versoin has better touchscreen but i havent heard from viable about more updates? vpad no good with speed we get blocky video above 128k hmm...? and secondly beta version are not supposed to be sold too early so we will be waiting for mvp lol

I heard there was some complaints about that product. Earlier this year, I went to DeafExpo in Pomona, Cali - the first time VPAD being publicly released on sale... boy, they were SOLD OUT! Few hours before it closed, I think, as usual at 6 o'clock. And no, I wasn't one of the exciting buyers. I hope the buyers think their VPAD is worth the money and the time. I mean, isn't VP-200 enough? x_X;

What about MVP? How does it differ between the two? Oh loads! It's free! Aha, so it's like stealing a candy from a child. =P

I saw my hovrs manager s MVP. That's easy to touch on display than VPAD. It s weight is lighter than VPAD. It has many feature.

Viable should take mistake to check test for VPAD. That still be bug.

Back