Hovrs' Mvp

Indeed - I learned that Sorenson do not want to sell to hearing user because Sorenson want VRS minutes to be increased and maintain that cash flow of minutes. If hearing has videophone and can call deaf, they will not use VRS. It will slow down their budget.

Not deaf friendly business in mind.

Right, Not much hearing use vp because reason of families and relations who know ASL. I feel that Sorenson were unhappy about 10-digial phone number by FCC rule and order and they might lost budget for VRS when HOVRS MVP and CSDVRS may be growing.

Right, Not much hearing use vp because reason of families and relations who know ASL. I feel that Sorenson were unhappy about 10-digial phone number by FCC rule and order and they might lost budget for VRS when HOVRS MVP and CSDVRS may be growing.

I second this statement. :cool2:

sorenson vrs is technically a monopoly and a real idiot they needs to go back to bussiness school! lmao i hates them for slow vrs reponse and for locking out the networking setting pah! but before the fcc rule on phone numbers sorenson vp was great on linking phone numbers to ip address where other rely on ipaddress and now new fcc rule will make geussing ipadress a thing of past when other starts links each other like interopratity so its thunbs bottom down for sorenson

Unlikely, Sorenson installers will pull out and peek on what you doing with ur vp on their sorenson system. They will check on you If you don't have to use internet too much, the installers will come and see you about vp. It happened to me as well.

You know both CSDvrs or HOVRS vp will coming soon. I suppose If CSDvrs customer service will contact you, they will question you about HOVRS' vp. same to HOVRS customer service. I can't imagaine that they will do that. I hope it won't happen between both CSDVRS or HOVRS vp.

Unlikely, Sorenson installers will pull out and peek on what you doing with ur vp on their sorenson system. They will check on you If you don't have to use internet too much, the installers will come and see you about vp. It happened to me as well.

You know both CSDvrs or HOVRS vp will coming soon. I suppose If CSDvrs customer service will contact you, they will question you about HOVRS' vp. same to HOVRS customer service. I can't imagaine that they will do that. I hope it won't happen between both CSDVRS or HOVRS vp.

Keep in your mind that Dec 31st, 2008 is the day that VRS will change forever. Once the videophone has a ISDN - phone number attached, any videophone will connect each other. Sorenson ph # to CSDVRS Z ph # will work. Likewise HOVRS ph # to Sorenson ph #.

So if you are loyal to a VRS such as HOVRS, stay with them and their product. If you loyal with CSDVRS, stay with them and their product. You do not have to worry about connection.

Right now I am ATT Cellphone user, I can connect to Tmail, Verizon, Sprint and many more. That type of felling will be same with VRS. You just dial and you will connect regardless of what they have PERIOD.

No worry about favoritism. You have choice of any VRS and use specific VRS as desires.

logitech pro 9000

I used logitech pro 9000 with hovrs videosign 2.5, but it won't work well. sign interpreter can't see me very well. which webcam is best for it?

I used logitech pro 9000 with hovrs videosign 2.5, but it won't work well. sign interpreter can't see me very well. which webcam is best for it?

your webcam is fine. what operation do you have? Windows Vista or Windows XP?

Mine is WIndows XP. WHen I use videosign 2.5 , after 2 minutes, sign operator video is frozen, and I can't see anymore, so I have to hungup every time. I don't know what is problem. I used older webcam logitech 3000, but this problem occur again.

I use NVIDIA Video card.

Intel core 2 DUO CPU
E6850 @ 3.00 GHz
3.00GHz 2.99 GB of RAM
WIndows XP SP 3

Mine is WIndows XP. WHen I use videosign 2.5 , after 2 minutes, sign operator video is frozen, and I can't see anymore, so I have to hungup every time. I don't know what is problem. I used older webcam logitech 3000, but this problem occur again.

I use NVIDIA Video card.

Intel core 2 DUO CPU
E6850 @ 3.00 GHz
3.00GHz 2.99 GB of RAM
WIndows XP SP 3

Trying to disable firewall software like norton or Mcfee before you have chance to see vrs operator. I did it last week when I test my webcam on my laptop. I found out that my webcam has CMOS sensor. I believe that CMOS sensor does not support any vrs software. Your webcam has CCD sensor?

let me know it work

If not, you can call or email hovrs customer service

I use NVIDIA Video card.

Intel core 2 DUO CPU
E6850 @ 3.00 GHz
3.00GHz 2.99 GB of RAM
WIndows XP SP 3

your operation is fine. You try to use ViableVision to call someone via VRS. IF you dont have ViableVision program, you may download this software. Viable.net - Download Viable Vision
You try it for testing to call.

Trying to disable firewall software like norton or Mcfee before you have chance to see vrs operator. I did it last week when I test my webcam on my laptop. I found out that my webcam has CMOS sensor. I believe that CMOS sensor does not support any vrs software. Your webcam has CCD sensor?

let me know it work

If not, you can call or email hovrs customer service

His logitech webcam 9000 is CCD sensor. It is ok

The recommended web cameras that have CCD sensors are:

1. Logitech Quickcam for Notebook Pro
2. Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 or 5000
3. Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000

Be sure to buy a video camera with a CCD sensor. CCD sensors are listed on the technical specifications on the box. We do not recommend purchasing a camera with CMOS sensors; this type of sensor may slow down your videoconference capabilities.

Last edited:
The recommended web cameras that have CCD sensors are:

1. Logitech Quickcam for Notebook Pro
2. Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000, 5000 or 9000
3. Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000

Be sure to buy a video camera with a CCD sensor. CCD sensors are listed on the technical specifications on the box. We do not recommend purchasing a camera with CMOS sensors; this type of sensor may slow down your videoconference capabilities.

I honest with you.... I mistakely bought Logitech Quickcam IM which it has CMOS sensor when I tested these vrs softwares except i711 vrs. Well, I already request webcam to hovrs outreach dept. I am waiting to hear from them. If not, I will get webcam with CCD sensor like what you said above. I should carefully read what features of the webcams have as well.

Thanks for heading up.

I honest with you.... I mistakely bought Logitech Quickcam IM which it has CMOS sensor when I tested these vrs softwares except i711 vrs. Well, I already request webcam to hovrs outreach dept. I am waiting to hear from them. If not, I will get webcam with CCD sensor like what you said above. I should carefully read what features of the webcams have as well.

Thanks for heading up.

Quickcam IM is not good and cheap price.

Hi, I contact Hovrs tech support They told me new videosign 3.0 will come out in few weeks!! This new proram is compatible with webcam that has CMOS sensor like Logitech 9000 pro. Now many people are calling to tech support since there is problem with videosign 2.5

I turned off firewall, but still sign inerpreter video is frozen after 2 minutes..

your operation is fine. You try to use ViableVision to call someone via VRS. IF you dont have ViableVision program, you may download this software. Viable.net - Download Viable Vision
You try it for testing to call.

Why are y'all hating Sorenson so much and they are the first created videophone for everyone to enjoy with new technology until there are freaking VRS war going around in our motherland. You should be thank Sorenson for the finest technology. Sorenson is growing big already and have more features going on for you and all to enjoy your benefits.

I know about other VRS providers that have cool technology that make your attention to it. It's your own option of what you like or not. But you shouldn't be harassing about any VRS providers they have worked so hard for.

Hi, I contact Hovrs tech support They told me new videosign 3.0 will come out in few weeks!! This new proram is compatible with webcam that has CMOS sensor like Logitech 9000 pro. Now many people are calling to tech support since there is problem with videosign 2.5

I turned off firewall, but still sign inerpreter video is frozen after 2 minutes..

Logitech Pro 9000 and Fusion is CMOS sensor. Not CCD

Should buy Logitech Quickcam 5000 which is CCD sensor

New HOVRS members

Everybody,

I have some exciting news for you. We have a brand-new product: the Mobile Video Phone (MVP)! With the MVP, you can travel and VP with both your hearing and deaf friends anywhere you go.

You may not have new HOVRS purple member yet, contact me in PM with your VP number and an appointment time and date.

Please tell me when you’re available and we’ll set up a time that works for you. We’re looking forward to welcoming you to the Hands On VRS family!

Thanks, :)

Mod's Note:

Thread's merged.

Back