Healthy snack

:wave:VacationGuy, I use Extra-Virgin Olive Oil for everything - for sautee, in hot cereal as butter sub., on bread and veggies, or as a salad dressing - I like to take small amount of oil, and some Liquid Aminos and some avocado and use as a salad dressing.
I like your pizza idea, too-

:wave:VacationGuy, I use Extra-Virgin Olive Oil for everything - for sautee, in hot cereal as butter sub., on bread and veggies, or as a salad dressing - I like to take small amount of oil, and some Liquid Aminos and some avocado and use as a salad dressing.
I like your pizza idea, too-

Cold pressed oil is much easier to burn off if you exercise. It's the only thing I use besides pam and smart balance. Although, lately I've been using the steamer for spinach instead of sauteing it.

Don't over do it, but it's good for you.

I always steam my vegetables. They taste much better that way compared to being put in a bowl full of water and nuked.

I always steam my vegetables. They taste much better that way compared to being put in a bowl full of water and nuked.

I only use the nuke for reheat. I agree steamed is much better. Sadly, there are not enough cookbooks on the subject.

I only use the nuke for reheat. I agree steamed is much better. Sadly, there are not enough cookbooks on the subject.

I have a microwave, but I don't use it much. Maybe to reheat some leftover pizza slices, but I often broil them instead to avoid the sogginess.

I have a microwave, but I don't use it much. Maybe to reheat some leftover pizza slices, but I often broil them instead to avoid the sogginess.

I use a either the wave or the toaster oven for that, I have gas so it's not economical for just pizza slices. Then again, it would only take a small amount of gas. Maybe I'll try it.

I use a either the wave or the toaster oven for that, I have gas so it's not economical for just pizza slices. Then again, it would only take a small amount of gas. Maybe I'll try it.

I use natural gas to heat up the house, but I use electricity for the stove. I know gas stoves are much quicker to start up, however I find that electric stoves are much easier to clean and maintain.

I use natural gas to heat up the house, but I use electricity for the stove. I know gas stoves are much quicker to start up, however I find that electric stoves are much easier to clean and maintain.

I've only used gas stoves, but I'm thinking of buying a house and everyone I talk to says they hate electric stoves. I'm torn by this.

I've only used gas stoves, but I'm thinking of buying a house and everyone I talk to says they hate electric stoves. I'm torn by this.

I guess they don't know how use one. The ceramic surface is the one to go with.

I love to steam my veggies because I think it really helps keep them tasting fresh. Then I add pepper and other spices.

Our toaster oven is broken:(

We now drink raw milk. Some friends of ours were visiting and they said that pasteurized milk gave their kids allergic reactions, but raw milk didn't.

Doesn't work for everybody, of course, and a good source of raw milk can be hard to find. We get ours from a young family with two or three cows they keep on pasture and hay. It's so good.

You can't sell raw milk in my state. There was a farm that sold raw milk and a story was written up about the farm and the owner. Two days later a health food inspector when to the farm and told the owner to stop selling raw milk. She then started asking for donations for the raw milk instead of selling it!!
I had raw goat milk once , it was fresh right from the goat, and it was really good! I wish goat mile did not cost so much more then cow milk as it better for people that had a hard time drinking cow milk. If you think of we're the only mammal that still drink milk after being weaned. We really do not need milk anymore and certainly not milk that is meant to turn a calf to grown into a cow.

I guess they don't know how use one. The ceramic surface is the one to go with.

Can you use cast iron cookware on ceramic surfaces? I was told you can't, and I cook with cast iron a lot.

I prefer gas because you have more control of the temperature, and when you turn off the stove, it's *off.*

I had raw goat milk once , it was fresh right from the goat, and it was really good! I wish goat mile did not cost so much more then cow milk as it better for people that had a hard time drinking cow milk. If you think of we're the only mammal that still drink milk after being weaned. We really do not need milk anymore and certainly not milk that is meant to turn a calf to grown into a cow.

We used to have dairy goats. I can get raw goat's milk in my town for a dollar less a gallon than cows' milk, but we prefer the cows' milk. This is partly because the goat milk people we can get the milk from freeze their milk, and I dislike the consistency of frozen and then thawed milk- but now that you've reminded me, maybe I'll buy goat's milk for cooking and save the raw cow's milk for drinking.

Raw milk help with re-mineralization of teeth, and raw dairy products from grassfed animals make the best source of natural vitamin A. Actually, raw milk from pastured animals is an amazing food with all the vitamins you need. We do still need the nutrition in raw milk and grass-fed dairy products, especially those of European ancestry. We've developed the right stomach flora and fauna to process it well, so well, we actually need it, because we've lived in a symbiotic relationship with dairy animals for most of human history.

We're also the only mammal that cooks our food, grows our own food, and rear our children for almost two decades. So I'm okay being the only animal that drinks milk from other species. I suspect that's mainly because we are the only mammal with opposable thumbs, making it possible for us to milk those species.

More on raw milk and nutrition here: A Brief Overview Of The Health Benefits Of Raw Milk

If raw means not pasteurized, then, yup, that's what I grew up on for the first 17 years of my life......

Back