H.P.V. Shots for young girls.

Yes. It could drop cancer rates down... we will not know how well it will work until several years later. I rather to let her have the shot and see if it helps prevent it, Than knowing later on in life that I could have done something to prevent it.

Genetically she may be more prompt to get cancer if she gets the H.P.V. virus.

They are now considering offering the HPV vaccine to men, as well, as HPV has been linked to oral, throat, anal, and penile cancers.

The FDA has licensed the HPV vaccine as safe and effective. This vaccine has been tested in over 11,000 females (ages 9-26 years) around the world. These studies have shown no serious side effects. The most common side effect is soreness at the injection site. CDC, working with the FDA, will continue to monitor the safety of the vaccine after it is in general use.

I do understand why you want the best for your daughter and for the safety of her health being. However, This also raises a concern. The HPV vaccine is newly released to the public. There are still so much unknown side effects that the vaccine has for us. Sure, the FDA has licensed it and it's deemed to be safe but that doesn't mean it is ok to grab the vaccine just because it's been approved. There are other vaccines that the FDA approved and yet it was also recalled or taken off.

I think the vaccine is a great idea but I'd also make sure I get enough informations as a precaution.

I do understand why you want the best for your daughter and for the safety of her health being. However, This also raises a concern. The HPV vaccine is newly released to the public. There are still so much unknown side effects that the vaccine has for us. Sure, the FDA has licensed it and it's deemed to be safe but that doesn't mean it is ok to grab the vaccine just because it's been approved. There are other vaccines that the FDA approved and yet it was also recalled or taken off.

I think the vaccine is a great idea but I'd also make sure I get enough informations as a precaution.

Yeah, I do have to agree with you on this Jolie. There are so many man-made vaccines that do well and some vaccines can be so dangerous due to the side effects that can do lot of harm to the human body. I think the vaccine is called "Gardasil" . This vaccine would protect against the two types of HPV that cause most cervical cancers. The FDA has licensed the vaccine as safe and effective. This vaccine has been tested in thousands of females (9 to 26 years of age) around the world. These studies have shown no serious side effects. The most common side effect is brief soreness at the injection site. CDC, working with the FDA, will continue to monitor the safety of the vaccine after it is in general use. But, I do know know how long that vaccine will last in the body. There are no federal laws requiring the immunization of children with that vaccine. None that I have heard about it so far. :)

I'm bumping this thread because I still believe this vaccine will help prevent cancer.

The importance of this is to get your child protected BEFORE they become sexually active or it will not work.

I didn't get this vaccine due to it not being out long enough and i don't think they have fully tested what it could do if u are on other medications. If it's so good and they push the vaccine it should be free everywhere. Up here in canada it's 450 dollars for the vaccine(s) there isn't just one but a series of 3

I didn't get this vaccine due to it not being out long enough and i don't think they have fully tested what it could do if u are on other medications. If it's so good and they push the vaccine it should be free everywhere. Up here in canada it's 450 dollars for the vaccine(s) there isn't just one but a series of 3

It is free for girls as young as 11 in the U.S. The vaccinations has to be done before they become sexually active.

It helps prevent cervical cancer.
And possibly other type of cancer cells.

But if you are older and already sexually active the vaccine may not help since HPV is sexually transmitted. Causing cervical cancer cells.

My only concern about this HPV vaccine is that it creates a false sense of security when parents should really advocate abstinence. Abstinence is really the way to go because we have far too young children experimenting and infecting themselves with STDs.

The FDA has licensed the HPV vaccine as safe and effective. This vaccine has been tested in over 11,000 females (ages 9-26 years) around the world. These studies have shown no serious side effects. The most common side effect is soreness at the injection site. CDC, working with the FDA, will continue to monitor the safety of the vaccine after it is in general use.

Does this vaccine contain thimerosal or mercury?
No. There is no thimerosal or mercury in the HPV vaccine. It is made up of proteins from the outer coat of the virus (HPV). There is no infectious material in this vaccine.

It has already been tested. With no serious side effects. I rather take a small chance on it not working. Cervical cancer runs in my family and it can KILL. This shot will help my daughter to prevent it.

I have to agree with you on all of this because it already been approved by the FDA for a while now and I agree that Cervical cancer can be dangerous and can die from it. You are correct it says from age 9 to adults to get that vaccine. I got myself vaccine two years ago because I was glad I was tested negative for cervical cancer so I can be worry free and be able to have more children. HPV been around for a while and I agree there is no infectious materical in this vaccine.

When my daughters are old enough, I will have them vaccined. Research is very promising in this area.

Side effects for other vaccines are similiar to this one - that's a risk. Sometimes you have to weigh all the risks to make a decision. Cancer is a risk as well.

I'm bumping this thread because I still believe this vaccine will help prevent cancer.

The importance of this is to get your child protected BEFORE they become sexually active or it will not work.

I agree Babyblue. My oldestdaughter has had all three in th series. The Littles will get it when they are old enough. I'd like to think that they will remain abstinent (forever :lol: ), but it's better to be safe. IMO

I found out that the Jr High Schools in our county provide the shots with a permission form being filled out.

I think it is great!

The school nurse will give them out to the girls. Along with the permission slip
That allows them to.

I found out that the Jr High Schools in our county provide the shots with a permission form being filled out.

I think it is great!

The school nurse will give them out to the girls. Along with the permission slip
That allows them to.

I'm not sure I agree with this. I agree that vaccinating girls is a good thing and I would allow my child to get the vaccination. However, I think it should be given at the Dr's office. This way, you can moniter whether the child has a reaction to the shot. If the girl gets the shot at nurses office and then goes back to class, there may be a delay in recognizing signs of trouble. That's my only concern about this. Other than that, I think it's great that we have a way to prevent these cancers. :)

I'm not sure I agree with this. I agree that vaccinating girls is a good thing and I would allow my child to get the vaccination. However, I think it should be given at the Dr's office. This way, you can moniter whether the child has a reaction to the shot. If the girl gets the shot at nurses office and then goes back to class, there may be a delay in recognizing signs of trouble. That's my only concern about this. Other than that, I think it's great that we have a way to prevent these cancers. :)

Well usually the Health Dept. medical professionals are there. But you may have a good point I will ask the school nurse about that tmw. Then reply with a better answer. Thanks for letting me know.

Well usually the Health Dept. medical professionals are there. But you may have a good point I will ask the school nurse about that tmw. Then reply with a better answer. Thanks for letting me know.

I'm a cautious one. I think if you're comfortable with having your daughter vaccinated at school, then I don't have a problem. You're the parent; not me! :giggle:

But, *I* would choose to have my daughter's pediatrician give the shot to her. Then, I can moniter for bad reactions, ect.

I'm a cautious one. I think if you're comfortable with having your daughter vaccinated at school, then I don't have a problem. You're the parent; not me! :giggle:

But, *I* would choose to have my daughter's pediatrician give the shot to her. Then, I can moniter for bad reactions, ect.

I understand your point.

OB

The school that my daughter attends are aware of the possible side effects.

To all others.

I'm going to jump this thread by basing this on animal testing and the HPV shot.

This antiviral shot was tested on animals and it was proven to prevent cancer on animals.

Humans have been tested.

Even males that have received this shot have been proven to prevent rectal cancer and throat cancer.

It also been proven to prevent gental warts.

Why are so many people against it?

Was it tested on human children? What are the long-term(20+ years) effects?

I'd wait.

I don't know if it was Voxx, but I had a friend who died from the drug that she was given for her Arthitis. It was very sad. She'd only just got a CI the year before that and seemed to like it. She was also planning to go to college.

Back