Guess what I ordered today???

Ok. Latest on the color sidekick. Got it in on Friday morning. I just gotta say "It's Da Bomb" The screen is so much brighter and looking at the screen, it looks like a mini laptop. I love mine. So does Sheild *grabs it away from her as she tries to take it home with her*

congrat to you.. Enjoy it.... I would love to have a pager but I rather to have a old one like t900 motorola pager.. so call me old fashioned.. :lol:

DAMN U!! lucky bastard!! :-( i got a WYNDTELL...... its so lameo! the wyndtell service is kind of screwing up now.. i wish i got a tmobile.. my friends have tmobiles and i always end up using them for AIM/games.. :-p

I vow that one of these days I shall aquire a T-Mobile, if not just to make my hearing friends jealous when I'm on AIM 24/7 or surfing the 'net while smoking up. ;)

Originally posted by ShEiLdTaLiSmAn
ROFL!!! Steal?

Liar! :rofl: I just like the pager alot and u dont really use it. So I use it. :lol:
Yes. When you are with me, I have to beg with you to get it back :rofl: :ily:

Originally posted by SilenceGold
With the color..how long would it last on batteries?
SG, I bet that you heard the rumors that CSK devour battiers for few hours... that is not true... csk's battires take two days... how do i know? through my friend who bought it. i just see how his new toy csk.. i asked him if have problem battires.. he told me nothing happen.. he told me battires can stay long about two days.. i was like, cool and like mine oiriginal sk (b/w). don't listen rumors

Originally posted by SilenceGold
With the color..how long would it last on batteries?
I work a 16 hour shift with no problems on the batteries, although I am not typing on it for the whole shift. There are a few things with the new CSK that helps it conserve batteries. 1st, when the screen is closed, the light on the keyboard shuts off. Another thing, if there is enough light, the backlight doesn't turn on for the screen. I have walked from outdoors to indoors and the light will turn on while I am typing.

Also, when I am traveling, I always plug it into my car charger. It don't hurt it keeping it on the charger while driving. That way, I always know that I have a full charge.

One thing that may shorten my battery life is that I have the sounds on. Being hearing, I like the sounds. I don't like the vibrate on the Sidekick. To me, it is too weak. I have even seen a Deaf guy complain on hiptop.com about it.

I am not sure if I am going to get in trouble for it, but if you are interested in the CSK, then visit www.hiptop.com/forums and read what people think about it. I do see some people say they have gone through as many as 5 pagers. I feel that those people are rough on theirs. If you are rough on you RIM pager, I suggest that you don't get a Sidekick.

Few other notes. If you are someone who uses TTY or TTY-Reply on Wynd, Wynd does have that option for Sidekick. It is a $10/month add on to the service. It also allows you to contact AAA. At $40/month total (T-Mobile Data Only plan and Wynd Add-on), that is the same price I use to pay for my Wynd with ALOT less features. Also, with the Data only plan, if you let a hearie borrow your phone, it is only $.20/min for voice calls. That is VERY reasonable. All the other plans, if you go over your monthly minutes, then you pay $.35/min.

I don't think I got coverage for using a sidekick since there's no GSM carriers here in Arkansas that I'm aware of. :(

Damn...y'all are making me green with envy --having the bloody sidekicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Just hoping that the sidekicks will be made international and available in Australia...ASAP, then I'll run out and get my own!!! :P

Cheers,
Goldie

Back