Grandson's big catfish catch :)

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
My youngest grandson (almost 11) caught a 40-lb catfish on the lake yesterday. :P

Attachments

• bigcatch2AD.jpg
    bigcatch2AD.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 110
  • braggingboard2AD.jpg
    braggingboard2AD.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 79
wow, what a catch!!!! Sure is enough for the whole family for one fish. LOL. Congrats of your grandson.

HOLY COW! That's HUGE cat fish (Am I right?) He SURE was SO PROUD of it! CONGRAT!!!

I hope you all enjoy eat the fresh fish! :thumb:

when i was little girl i got caught big catfish not same this fishes!

my dad caught catfish im really surprise and bring to home hang of catfish on tree! and the newspaper get pictures of my dad and catfish its longtimes ago when i was young but i didnt go with my dad! and its so smell in cars when catfish in the cars its so stink phew! im not sure what pound of catfish what my dad caught it?!?

HOLY COW! That's HUGE cat fish (Am I right?) He SURE was SO PROUD of it! CONGRAT!!!

I hope you all enjoy eat the fresh fish! :thumb:
Yes, it's a flathead catfish; they tend to be bigger than the other kind.

My grandson said it was the best birthday he ever had.

Yes, he's proud. The owner of the boat took a Polaroid picture of him with his fish and posted it on the gallery at the boat house. So far for this month, his was the heaviest catch. If no one gets a heavier one before the end of the month, my grandson will win another free fish trip for the family.

The smaller fish you see in the picture were caught by Hubby, SIL, and my other grandson. They divided up the cleaned fish fillets.

Tonight Hubby will cut his fish into cubes, coat them with a seasoned mix from Cabela's, and deep fry them outside. :drool:

Our daughter will bake the fish for her family.

WOW! That's so COOL!!! I am glad he had a best birthday!!! :)

At least all of you can enjoy fresh fish..I wish I could eat fresh fish but I can't. WAHH I am allergic but I can ask doctor to test me on WHICH fish I can eat. I miss eat FISH! They are so tasty!!

Yes, it's a flathead catfish; they tend to be bigger than the other kind.

My grandson said it was the best birthday he ever had.

Yes, he's proud. The owner of the boat took a Polaroid picture of him with his fish and posted it on the gallery at the boat house. So far for this month, his was the heaviest catch. If no one gets a heavier one before the end of the month, my grandson will win another free fish trip for the family.

The smaller fish you see in the picture were caught by Hubby, SIL, and my other grandson. They divided up the cleaned fish fillets.

Tonight Hubby will cut his fish into cubes, coat them with a seasoned mix from Cabela's, and deep fry them outside. :drool:

Our daughter will bake the fish for her family.

Four years ago, when the boys were ages 7 and 9, they caught these bass in the pond near their house.

Attachments

• bass2AD.jpg
    bass2AD.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 41
  • bass3AD.jpg
    bass3AD.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 47
nice fish :mrgreen:

what lake did he catch that on?
This is from the fishing boat website:

The Santee-Cooper lake system was created from 1939 to 1942. A man made reservoir consisting primarily of Lake Marion (110,600 acres), Lake Moultrie (60,400 acres), The Diversion Canal (6.5 mile long channel that connects the two lakes) and numerous rivers and streams which provide a constant flow of fresh water from the northern part of South Carolina all the way to the ocean.

It's a beautiful setting with a healthy eco-system where wildlife flourish. You never know when you might spot a bald eagle flying overhead, an osprey feeding her young, a deer drinking from the bank, a gator sunning itself, or even a pelican following your boat and begging for food.

Visitors from all over the country come here to relax, and enjoy our numerous activities including golfing, camping, skiing, site-seeing, and yes FISHING!

Santee-Cooper lakes system has some of the best fishing in the world. Many state and several world record catches have been made right here in these waters. Catches like a 58 lb. Channel Catfish (world record), 109.4 lb Arkansas Blue Cat (State and one time world record), state records Large Mouth Bass 16.2 lbs, 5 lb Black Crappie, 6.4 lb Chain Pickerel / Jack and the monstrous 55lb Striped Bass / Rockfish which was a state record until it was broken in 1977, not to mention the literally hundreds of monster size fish are caught here every year.

Wow, congrats on your grandson catching that big one. :-D

Thank you all for the congratulations. :ty:

Wow, That's a pretty big size your grandson got hold of. I'm sure your grandson would be so proud to brag about the size of the catfish he caught once he goes back to school to share the story with his friends, heh.

Those fresh deep fried southern style catfishes are so good. Ha, Yeah, us southerners gotta have every thing deep fried eh? :lol:

By the way, Congratulations. ;)

wow that big one :lol:

when I was 15 yrs old that I was went with a family cottage. I was sat in the boat and waiting for catch the fish till it caught it and my old rod was so hard to life it up and I was wondering if it is soo big fish ??? till saw fish's face and I said WHAT IS THAT?????? my mom and step dad said it is a cat fish and I said ohhh cat fish?? look like china's face!! they laughed at me lol haha it was sooo heavy it hard to lift up from my rod darn! till my step dad let cat fish go in the water not to keep :) not huge just normal fish but heavy wow

We ate some of the fish tonight. It was delicious!

We still have a lot left in the freezer. We will invite some friends over for a cook out next week.

Back