Going over speed limit....

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I've went like 5 mph or so over the speed limit. Lately, I've driven a white 1997 Mercury Mountaineer and a grey 2010 Ford Fusion. I don't think that police pays much attention to either vehicles going 5 mph over the limit. Neither are "cool" nor "fast" so police doesn't worry.

I'm kind of curious...what if I was to drive 5 mph over the limit in a 300ZX twin turbo or maybe a Supra Twin turbo, would I get ticketed? I know that police hates sport cars and would rather nab a sport car as opposed to a sedan or SUV. I've heard many years ago that red sports cars are more likely to get caught for speeding.

When I bought my Camaro, I got tickets galore! My insurance was very high...I've also drove a Corvette, but carefully, because it was so low to the ground....Got tired of the tickets, traded in on a Ford truck and never got a ticket since. Now I drive a Continental and no tickets...so go figure...Believe that Sports Cars are a hot topic with the Cops, they love to chase them down, and probably wishing they had one at home :laugh2:.

I get very few tickets and hardly ever pulled over, police near me tend to go after the older cars as they often have bald tyres

Ausrider, where you are from?

I own GSXR-1000 and i would like to meet some more deafies who riding real superbike!

Never had a ticket, despite a somewhat sporty car and bikes. I tend not to speed, though. (boring)

I rode in a Porsche 944 once with a guy who worked for an exotic car garage, he said he had more police attention driving a Ford Sierra (boring family car from Europe*) than driving any of the sports and exotics from his workplace. I suppose if you have a sports car you're almost inviting the cops to watch you and so you should take it easy?

*the XR4i and Cosworth versions excepted!

Im live in Sydney. i know few deafies around here who own superbike.

what kind of bike u got? its kinda hard to see at tiny photo

Guess im not too far away as i live in Brisbane, Cant say i have met any deaf riders but brisbane is rather small. I have a R6 (that tiny pic isnt me im afraid) I wouldnt mind getting the new ZX10R but R6 manages to keep me entertained. Do you go to track days on the gixxer 1000

Lol, thats pretty good picture! i wouldnt buy kawasaki after 2 kawa died on me. CBR1000RR is looking good at moment.

i dont go to track very often, they cost expensive and i rather ride on street and risk my life than spend $200 on tracks lol

Derek;
I give up; my curiosity has gotten too persistant. I am sure you have probably gotten asked this before and may be tired of answering. However, if I can beg your patience? What is cool about turbo engines? Actually, even before that, what IS a turbo engine?

if you go over 100 mph each. you would bald your tires's tread go down to bald lol

No, That's tires spin only. MY Subaru is full AWD and tires life pretty long and I always drove 80-100 mostly times. That's right, AWD can't spin tires at all. Fuck RWD and FWD.

No, That's tires spin only. MY Subaru is full AWD and tires life pretty long and I always drove 80-100 mostly times. That's right, AWD can't spin tires at all. Fuck RWD and FWD.
AWD can spin their tyres it just takes more power :lol:

Back