GingRICH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post #54.

well it is surely a question because you tried to answer it and unfortunately it's not what I asked.

Because you initially made a statement before you decided to ask a question. I wasn't answering a question, I was making a statement about a statement. There is a difference there.

Because you initially made a statement before you decided to ask a question.

I've already clarified for you that it's a question so let's cut this quibbling around.

you don't see any problem with his preaching of family values and affairs? (that's a question)

I've already clarified for you that it's a question so let's cut this quibbling around.

you don't see any problem with his preaching of family values and affairs? (that's a question)

No, I do not. Is he having an affair in the oval office and lying to Congress about it?

No, I do not. Is he having an affair in the oval office and lying to Congress about it?

no he did not but the worst part is.. he was having an affair as Speaker of the House and during Clinton's sex scandal investigation and also berated Clinton for his poor sense of family value.

No problem with his hypocrisy and lies either?

When has Newt Gingrich ever lied about having the affair?

He berated Clinton for LYING TO CONGRESS

But wait, not even Gingrich himself disputes that he was a conniving, unfaithful spouse! On the contrary, he offers himself up as an example of Christian redemption any time journalists, rivals, or voters ask about his "baggage."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...arianne-gingrich-election-2012_n_1217087.html

I'd much rather have a President that is an actual human being, made mistakes, and learned from them - rather than blaiming everybody else for his failures.

to his wives and God.

he also berated Clinton for having a poor moral sense too.

Lying to Congress is having a poor moral sense to your country. Much different than your personal family.

I'd much rather have a President that is an actual human being, made mistakes, and learned from them - rather than blaiming everybody else for his failures.

I didn't blame everybody else. I am questioning his moral sense, honesty, and integrity because he has made a long history of "mistakes". repeated mistakes that is.

I do not want a person with a history of questionable ethic issues as the President of United States.

Lying to Congress is having a poor moral sense to your country. Much different than your personal family.

and he himself had conducted the investigation.... as a hypocrite. that is lying to America and us.

can you try to focus in here? this thread is not about Clinton or Obama or anybody else. It's about Gingrich and Gingrich alone. Clinton is not running for Presidency. Gingrich is.

and he himself had conducted the investigation.... as a hypocrite. that is lying to America and us.

can you try to focus in here? this thread is not about Clinton or Obama or anybody else. It's about Gingrich and Gingrich alone. Clinton is not running for Presidency. Gingrich is.

Bob Siegel sums this all up in a nice little nutshell:

Newt Gingrich affair: Time to review the rules | Washington Times Communities

SAN DIEGO, January 20, 2012 ― I have not yet listened to Democratic pundits discussing last night’s ABC interview with Newt Gingrich’s ex-wife, but remembering how they responded to Herman Cain and other conservatives accused of infidelity, I can probably write the script anyway.

Naturally I won’t be able to turn on the TV or read the newspaper without eventually catching such drivel. And so, since we are due for a heavy dosage of editorial, perhaps it’s time to review the rules of adultery where Democrats and Republicans are involved. That way, you will be better able to make sense of commentators who talk from both sides of their mouths.

You see, there is a different sexual standard for Democratic and Republican politicians and only the sophisticated person can appreciate such nuance. Of course, no single Democrat speaks for all, but in general, watch for Democratic pundits to offer commentaries such as the following:

“Republican infidelity is especially ironic. Why? Because Conservatives are made up in high numbers by holier-than-thou Christians, self righteous people who think they are better than anyone else. True, these same Christians describe themselves as sinners and offer the message of Jesus to anyone willing to turn from sin. And, well, yeah, I guess they do talk about mercy and forgiveness a lot. They are willing to consider the fact that Speaker Gingrich committed adultery ten years ago, having long since confessed his guilt. Still, a man who can’t be trusted by his wife cannot be trusted by the nation."

"Oh sure, there are exceptions like Bill Clinton, but that whole matter was entirely different. Those mean and nasty Republicans were far too obsessed with sex, seeking to impeach the President over a trivial, unimportant matter such as his private life. And Gingrich participated in the witch hunt! Isn’t that a hoot? True, Republicans claimed that their agenda was not about sex and instead expressed concern over Clinton lying under oath but any thinking person knows the whole deal was all about sex!"

"What? You say that by this logic we Democrats are also obsessed with sex as far as Gingrich is concerned? No, this is not the same. You see, Republican candidates are the ones always bragging about family values, so when they commit sin, there’s a hypocrisy factor. How’s that? Well, yes, it’s true that when Democrats run for office they also claim to be in favor of family values and even go out of their way to point out that Republicans don’t own family values but…Well...Yeah… It’s still different. In fact…OK, let me put it another way: Republicans are all racist! So who cares about the sex anyway?”

This is Bob Siegel, making the obvious obvious.

Bob Siegel is not a Republican. He is a conservative Democrat.

Bob Siegel is a weekend radio talk show host on KCBQ and columnist. Details of his show can be found at Bob Siegel.

Your drivel is tiring Jiro. Your sense of ethics is skewed and you lack appreciation of this divine thing called "forgiveness". Every single person alive has made mistakes. Some people (like the current president) think they can do no wrong. And, if perceived to be "wrong" it is so obviously Bush's fault. It's bunk. Everyone knows it is BS. If you don't, you are just kidding yourself.

Newt Gingrich owned up to his affair. He never lied about it.

not interested. can you try and make your own opinion and write your own words?

Your drivel is tiring Jiro. Your sense of ethics is skewed
my sense of ethics is skewered? how so? please do explain.

and you lack appreciation of this divine thing called "forgiveness".
He didn't ask me for forgiveness :dunno:

Every single person alive has made mistakes. Some people (like the current president) think they can do no wrong. Its bunk.
when a presidential candidate has a long history of hypocrisy, ethic issue, and moral issue... then that person is unfit to lead this country.

Newt Gingrich owned up to his affair. He never lied about it.
He lied to his own family and God. twice and maybe more. period.

Would you cheat on your own wife?

not interested. can you try and make your own opinion and write your own words?

how so? please do explain.

He didn't ask me for forgiveness :dunno:

He didn't cheat on you

when a presidential candidate has a long history of hypocrisy, ethic issue, and moral issue... then that person is unfit to lead this country.

Yep - like Obama (Solyndra, friendship with Bill Ayers, attending a racist church led by Jeremiah Wright ....)

He lied to his own family and God. twice and maybe more. period.

His own daughters say different ....
Would you cheat on your own wife?

Why would you ask me such a personal question when the discussion is about the Republican Primary?

Bob Siegel has already written - in at least 3 paragraphs, everything that is going to be discussed about Newt Gingrich's affair - you have even brought up several arguments he made.

Are you using his words, or is he using yours?

Yep - like Obama (Solyndra, friendship with Bill Ayers, attending a racist church led by Jeremiah Wright ....)
Since you keep equating Gingrich's questionable history with Obama... I take it that you don't have any problem with Obama's questionable history either?

Since you have stated that everybody makes mistake and you seem to have a deep appreciation of this divine thing called "forgiveness".... do you forgive Obama for making mistakes?

His own daughters say different ....
He broke a sacrilegious vow twice. You have no problem with that?

Why would you ask me such a personal question when the discussion is about the Republican Primary?
no this thread is not about a Republican Primary. It's about Gingrich. You seem to have no problem with him cheating around so I'm questioning your moral sense of family value. Since you seem to think having an affair behind wife's back is no big deal.... would you cheat on your wife?

Bob Siegel has already written - in at least 3 paragraphs, everything that is going to be discussed about Newt Gingrich's affair - you have even brought up several arguments he made.

Are you using his words, or is he using yours?
I'm not sure I follow. What are you talking about? :dunno:

btw - you didn't answer my question. you stated that my sense of ethics is skewered? how so? please do explain.

Since you keep equating Gingrich's questionable history with Obama... I take it that you don't have any problem with Obama's questionable history either?

Since you have stated that everybody makes mistake and you seem to have a deep appreciation of this divine thing called "forgiveness".... do you forgive Obama for making mistakes?

Yes. But I still will not vote for him, sorry (will you forgive me?)

He broke a sacrilegious vow twice. You have no problem with that?

Why is his personal life and vows between himself and God any of your business?

no this thread is not about a Republican Primary. It's about Gingrich. You seem to have no problem with him cheating around so I'm questioning your moral sense of family value. Since you seem to think having an affair behind wife's back is no big deal.... would you cheat on your wife?

Gingrich is running for President - we wouldn't be having this discussion if it wasn't for the Republican Primary. What Newt Gingrich does in his bedroom is his business, what he does in the oval office is every American's business. If my wife turned into a nasty, mean, abusive woman, I would most certainly look for love elsewhere. I would divorce first though. Love between two consenting adults is CONDITIONAL and is not as simple as you may think it is. Is newt's ex wife a controlling manipulative person - yes.

I'm not sure I follow. What are you talking about? :dunno:

Newt Gingrich made his peace with his family. He does not need to make peace with anyone else. He was not lying to Congress. He has been very open about his affair for ... the past ... oh ... 15 years. This really isn't news.

Yes. But I still will not vote for him, sorry (will you forgive me?)
You'll have to ask Obama for forgiveness, not me.

Why is his personal life and vows between himself and God any of your business?
ah! I see! so how is Obama's friendship with Bill Ayers, his religious affiliation, and his previous attendance of Wright's church any of your business?

Gingrich is running for President - we wouldn't be having this discussion if it wasn't for the Republican Primary. What Newt Gingrich does in his bedroom is his business, what he does in the oval office is every American's business.
What Gingrich did as Speaker of the House was America's business as well. Both Clinton and Gingrich are pigs.

Newt Gingrich made his peace with his family. He does not need to make peace with anyone else. He was not lying to Congress. He has been very open about his affair for ... the past ... oh ... 15 years. This really isn't news.
15 years? flouting it around like he's a hollywood/MTV superstar? disgusting.

You wouldn't cheat on your wife because (I'll guess) you view it as extremely sinful and a very disgusting, vile thing to do.... and yet..... you're like "hey Gingrich... you're O-K, my buddy"?

I'm deeply confused...............

btw - you didn't answer my question. you stated that my sense of ethics is skewered? how so? please do explain.

Newt Gingrich has already admitted to his affair 15 years ago. He has already been raked over the coals numerous times for it. He never once lied to the press about it. He never "covered it up" (and if you read the interview of his ex wife - even she said he never lied to her about the affair).

HONESTY.

That is where your ethics are skewed.

Honesty is admitting your faults even though they may be horrible. Honesty is telling the truth even though you know the results will be devestating to yourself.

Politicians should be fearful to lie - not to tell the truth.

If my wife turned into a nasty, mean, abusive woman, I would most certainly look for love elsewhere. I would divorce first though. Love between two consenting adults is CONDITIONAL and is not as simple as you may think it is. Is newt's ex wife a controlling manipulative person - yes.

that's not what I asked.

You'll have to ask Obama for forgiveness, not me.

ah! I see! so how is Obama's friendship with Bill Ayers, his religious affiliation, and his previous attendance of Wright's church any of your business?

What Gingrich did as Speaker of the House was America's business as well. Both Clinton and Gingrich are pigs.

15 years? flouting it around like he's a hollywood/MTV superstar? disgusting.

You wouldn't cheat on your wife because (I'll guess) you view it as extremely sinful and a very disgusting, vile thing to do.... and yet..... you're like "hey Gingrich... you're O-K, my buddy"?

I'm deeply confused...............

Yep - I figured you would be confused quite a few posts back.

Newt Gingrich has already admitted to his affair 15 years ago. He has already been raked over the coals numerous times for it. He never once lied to the press about it. He never "covered it up" (and if you read the interview of his ex wife - even she said he never lied to her about the affair).

HONESTY.

That is where your ethics are skewed.

Honesty is admitting your faults even though they may be horrible. Honesty is telling the truth even though you know the results will be devestating to yourself.

Politicians should be fearful to lie - not to tell the truth.

are you saying I'm lying? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back