GingRICH

Status
Not open for further replies.
... and not to mention that his personal life isn't that pretty either. Neither is his political career. After all, he did get fined $300,000 for unethical conduct. Isn't it also true that he was forced out the the party to avoid any more embarrassment? I remember they started doing an investigation on dozens and dozens of crimes that were alleged, however they never were turned over to the DOJ.

Gingrich Credits Freddie/Fannie For Liquid, Stable Housing Finance System | Judicial Watch

Nowadays, Gingrich said he was paid to give advice to Freddie Mac which was to stop giving loans to those who were not qualified. However, that's not what he said BEFORE the collapse.

"A California-based news blog managed to dig up the speech from the Freddie Mac archives this week. Gingrich actually says the housing GSEs have made an “important contribution to homeownership and the housing finance system” and that they are responsible for a more “liquid and stable housing finance system than we would have without the GSEs.”

He adds that making home ownership more accessible and affordable is a policy goal that conservatives should embrace and says that these are “examples of government bringing about desired public purpose without creating massive, taxpayer-funded bureaucracies.” This is a “pragmatic and effective conservative approach,” according to Gingrich. That was 2007. In 2008, under pressure from the collapse of the subprime mortgage market that was largely created by Fannie and Freddie – the two “GSEs” were placed in conservatorship by the federal government. Since then, taxpayers have spent nearly $95 billion propping up Fannie Mae and over $57 billion propping up Freddie Mac."

And this quote is direct from Freddie Mac themselves in an interview called "Poiicy Talks - Q&A", published April 2007
Market-Based Models Are Key to Transforming U.S. Government to a 21st Century Organization - Freddie Mac

Gingrich: "Certainly there is a lot of debate today about the housing GSEs, but I think it is telling that there is strong bipartisan support for maintaining the GSE model in housing. There is not much support for the idea of removing the GSE charters from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. And I think it's clear why. The housing GSEs have made an important contribution to homeownership and the housing finance system. We have a much more liquid and stable housing finance system than we would have without the GSEs. "

He was paid 1.6 million by Freddie Mac by the way.

His own daughters contested that.

My wife's family knows her. They also know Gingrich. She is a nasty woman.

BTW, anyone ever go through a nasty divorce? I have. I am pretty sure my ex would say some spiteful things about me that are absolutely not true. In fact, she tried to - good thing they were proven false in court.

Gingrich Daughters: Open Marriage Charge Not True - ABC News

"I know he did try hard for many years to make the marriage work," Cushman told ABC News. "He is a much different person than he was then. This happened a very long time ago."

Yes, he tried so hard that he had an affair with an aide for 6 years. That's one dedicated husband all right.

Did anyone else do a double take on the numbers I have in red? He must have some kind of lawyer!

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Presidential candidate Newt Gingrich was the first over the line in the Great Tax Return Race of 2012.

On Thursday night, just as the final debate before South Carolina's Republican primary was getting underway, Gingrich posted online the 2010 joint federal tax return he filed with his wife, Callista.

That's the percentage of the couple's total income -- $3,162,424 -- they owed in federal income taxes. Their total tax bill was $994,708.

Gingrich's opponent Mitt Romney said this week that he estimates his effective federal tax rate is about 15% -- a number driven down by Romney's millions in investment income, which is typically taxed at a lower rate than ordinary income such as a salary.

By contrast, the vast majority of Gingrich's income -- more than $2.5 million -- came from money he earned from his businesses, the biggest of which is Gingrich Productions. And it's likely that at least a portion of that income was taxed at ordinary income tax rates, which run as high as 35%.

At the CNN debate Thursday, Romney again said he would release his 2011 tax return when it is completed in April, and added that he may also release returns from prior years as well.

In addition to his businesses, Gingrich drew income from speaking and board of director fees, a rental property, and from his many stocks, mutual funds and certificates of deposit.

Gingrich's return also showed that he paid close to $20,000 in alimony in 2010, nearly $15,000 for household help and more than $8,000 in tax preparation fees. He also received $76,000 in pensions and annuities.

rolling7 - Jiro is not the author of the article he linked to. Please try stepping into the world of reality once in a while.

From the O.P.........Truth? His silly little business is a money-laundering front.
That is a quote of Jiro's post.
Of you agree with him say so.
I step into reality long ago when I recognized this to be an unfounded silly "IMO" and it was not presented a such.
BTW: Jiro never answered my question. I think it is because he realizes his post was a huge mistake.

Gingrich: "Certainly there is a lot of debate today about the housing GSEs, but I think it is telling that there is strong bipartisan support for maintaining the GSE model in housing. There is not much support for the idea of removing the GSE charters from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. And I think it's clear why. The housing GSEs have made an important contribution to homeownership and the housing finance system. We have a much more liquid and stable housing finance system than we would have without the GSEs. "

He was paid 1.6 million by Freddie Mac by the way.

Gingrich is not somebody I would vote for in a million years. But...

Around 2003 (Barney Frank's Fannie and Freddie Muddle - Sam Dealey (usnews.com))
"These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis," said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."

As Frank mentions in his press release today, two years after it was first proposed, the House finally voted on a bill reforming the mortgage giants. Alas, the legislation was watered down to the point of being meaningless—that's why it passed the House with such wide margins (122 Democrats and 209 Republicans)

Politifact has more on the claim that he was paid 1.6 million by Freddie Mac. It's not entirely accurate. That number comes from 'un-named sources) and, um, Michelle Bachman. It was paid to the business, not to him personally. I'm not excusing it or saying there was nothing sleazy about it, but I always think it's best to be as accurate as possible.

Incidentally, Pelosi claimed the previous admistration never warned them about the problems with Fannie and Freddy, but it turns out there are 17 occasions when the administration strongly suggested regulation or investigation and was refused- often by the Democrat led Senate and Congress.

Gingrich is definitely sleazy, but on this issue, he's really not the only one.
the money he made was while he was a private citizen, not in government.

While serving as Senator, President Obama's donations from the FMs between 1989-2008 were $126,349, which seems trifling as politicians go, until you learn that during that same time Obama was
"second among members of Congress in donations from the firms’ employees and political action committees."

First was the man who is now the former Senator, disgraced Democrat Chris Dodd, currently lobbying for SOPA and PIPA.

Politifact has more on the claim that he was paid 1.6 million by Freddie Mac. It's not entirely accurate. That number comes from 'un-named sources) and, um, Michelle Bachman. It was paid to the business, not to him personally. I'm not excusing it or saying there was nothing sleazy about it, but I always think it's best to be as accurate as possible.

Incidentally, Pelosi claimed the previous admistration never warned them about the problems with Fannie and Freddy, but it turns out there are 17 occasions when the administration strongly suggested regulation or investigation and was refused- often by the Democrat led Senate and Congress.

Gingrich is definitely sleazy, but on this issue, he's really not the only one.
the money he made was while he was a private citizen, not in government.

While serving as Senator, President Obama's donations from the FMs between 1989-2008 were $126,349, which seems trifling as politicians go, until you learn that during that same time Obama was

First was the man who is now the former Senator, disgraced Democrat Chris Dodd, currently lobbying for SOPA and PIPA.

Right, there's a lot of sleazy politicians out there and they all need to be rid of.

Harry Reid (D-NV)
Howard Berman (D-CA)
Marsha Blackburn (R-TN)
Mary Bono Mack (R-CA)
Steve Chabot (R-OH)
John Conyers (D-MI)
Ted Deutch (D-FL)
Elton Gallegly (R-CA)
Bob Goodlatte (R-VA)
Timothy Griffin (R-AR)
Dennis A. Ross (R-FL)
Adam Schiff (D-CA)
Lee Terry (R-NE)

All supporters of the SOPA and PIPA. They should be all rid of.

From the O.P.........Truth? His silly little business is a money-laundering front.
That is a quote of Jiro's post.
Of you agree with him say so.
I step into reality long ago when I recognized this to be an unfounded silly "IMO" and it was not presented a such.
BTW: Jiro never answered my question. I think it is because he realizes his post was a huge mistake.

I didn't bother answering your question because there's no point. I rather talk to wall because at least it doesn't talk back with stupidity.

Yes, he tried so hard that he had an affair with an aide for 6 years. That's one dedicated husband all right.

I would have bought her story if she didn't sound so much like she was trying to enact revenge. If she was truly heartbroken - I may have had some sympathy.

"The truth is our father and Marianne had a difficult marriage. They had a difficult divorce. ... The American people have moved on. Our father has moved on."

she hasn't moved on ....

I would have bought her story if she didn't sound so much like she was trying to enact revenge. If she was truly heartbroken - I may have had some sympathy.

you don't think she's truly heartbroken when he had an affair?

you don't think she's truly heartbroken when he had an affair?

Noooooooooooooooooooope!

And that's that ...

This isn't "new" news either. It has been re-hashed a gazillion times already. Each time she comes public, there is always a different twist to the story.

oic. so no comment about Gingrich's affairs and his moral sense of family values either

His daughters seem to love their daddy ... just saying. Go preach to the Clinton fans at how his affair made him a bad president.

His daughters seem to love their daddy ... just saying.

that's not what I asked. you don't see any problem with his preaching of family values and affairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back