GingRICH

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jiro, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiro

Jiro If You Know What I Mean Premium Member

Inside Newt Gingrich's tax return - Jan. 19, 2012
    Gingrich Productions? Photo Gallery - Gingrich Productions

the biggest portion of over $2.5 million came from Gingrich Productions? the one that made a stupid book called "Sweet Land of Liberty"? and some other books that he most likely never wrote a single word of it? all that.... for that much $$$? seriously?

Truth? His silly little business is a money-laundering front.

2. Jiro

Watchdog: Gingrich Productions may have illegally donated to campaign - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
    why am I not surprised? comical. very comical.

3. Frisky Feline

Frisky Feline Well-Known Member

open marriage! :eek3:

4. rolling7

rolling7 New Member

"Money-laundering front"!! If you know this for a fact then you are obligated to report it to the authority. If you are posting your own opinion, you should say so.
    Which is it?

5. DeafCaroline

DeafCaroline New Member

rolling7 - do you ever use google?

6. Reba

Reba Retired Terp Premium Member

How so? How does that work?

7. DeafCaroline

DeafCaroline New Member

You didn't know about Gingrich's resignation in 1997 following a scandal over accusations of money laundering through non-profit orgs? he had to pay over $300,000 for ethics violations and financial improprieties.

8. Reba

Jiro posted "is." That means something going on currently. That's what I'm referring to.

9. DeafCaroline

DeafCaroline New Member

FEC Complaint Filed Over Gingrich Campaign Paying $42K For Candidate’s Mailing List | TPMMuckraker

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington said in a complaint that they believe that Gingrich Productions Inc. violated the law “by using corporate funds to pay for a portion of the expenses of dual purpse events promoting the candidacy of Newt Gingrich while also promoting the sale of books by Newt Gingrich and by collecting the email addresses of people attending the dual purpose events for the purpose of soliciting contributions.”

10. Steinhauer

Steinhauer Well-Known Member

This is an old article (dated 2008) so sorry about that - just doing this to point out the amazing amount of hypocrisy going on.

Obama Accepting Untraceable Donations

Not only that - but he was accepting foreign campaign donations.

11. rolling7

rolling7 New Member

Sure I do. Are you saying I missed a report that there is proof of money-laundering? I don't think I did and I do think you think I'm right.

12. Reba

According to that link's update: Gingrich spokesman R.C. Hammond responds: “If the FEC considers the complaint, they will find that the rules are being followed and published regulations are being enforced.”

So, apparently nothing's been resolved yet. We'll have to wait and see.

13. DeafCaroline

DeafCaroline New Member

Of course they are going to say that - has Gingrich ever admitted to wrongdoings? Nope. has he been caught, reprimanded and fined for financial wrongdoings? Yep.

Indeed, let's wait and see...in any case, no matter, he will never win. That's really all I care about.

14. Reba

Each accusation must be judged on its own merits, not on the past.

Really? I thought you would care about the truth. No?

Personally, I wasn't planning to vote for him tomorrow anyway. However, I do believe in knowing the truth, one way or the other.

15. DeafCaroline

DeafCaroline New Member

16. DeafCaroline

DeafCaroline New Member

I do care about the truth - that's why I actively read and research all the time. But I also care about Gingrich not getting elected and that's, quite frankly, a little more important to me at the moment. He's had a long history of being questionable with finances, any reason to believe he's suddenly pure and angelic? he's given us no reason to.

You seemingly have the habit of not actively searching the truth yourself or posting anything that proves others wrong but instead questioning AD members who don't share your political views just for the sake of being contrary when you could have responded with sources proving them wrong instead of saying over and over again "prove it, prove it." Reba, I like you but not your debating style.

17. Jiro

Feel free to make a new thread about it but this thread is about Gingrich, not Obama. Please stay on topic.

18. Reba

Wow! You'd be willing to lie or mislead just to get votes for your candidate.

Not true. I look up the links that people post, and actually read them, and verify the sources. I do that with all sides.

Perhaps you don't notice but I also do question, elaborate on, and correct statements made by those who do share my political views. :)

I don't think it hurts to present more than one viewpoint on a topic.

19. Steinhauer

Steinhauer Well-Known Member

Intentionally misleading ... just like Obama's new ad campaign about all those jobs HE created in Energy (they existed before he ever took office). And how oil dependence on foreign oil has gone down while he was in office. It has gone down because the price has gotten so high and caused the economy to tank.

You can spin it any way you like - Obama accepted foreign campaign donations.

Archived-Articles: Obama's Foreign Donors: The media averts its eyes

Some came from Palestinians in Gaza (which might explain Obama's stance with our nation's ally, Israel).

20. DeafCaroline

DeafCaroline New Member

"You'd be willing to lie or mislead just to get votes for your candidate." Are you effin' serious? Did you just say that I would deliberately lie or mislead to get a candidate elected? Holy shit...

And I thought you were a decent Christian but i am rapidly changing my mind right now, that was a dirty underhanded thing to say to someone who is posting her opinion and commenting on what has already been proven about Gingrich's history with financial dealings. To suggest I must be a liar and misleader instead of proving me wrong on his history is so lame, Reba. Really lame. And quite frankly pathetic.

I'm done with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.