For JW (Jehovah's Witness) supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
A story from South Florida

A Witness was going door to door and a man answered the door he seemed to be very, very angry, the Witness started talking to him about how little peace there is in the world, and man started to calm down, when he was offered the reading material the man took it, he also said it was ok to come back. The next week the Witness did come back and the man invited him him, he told the Witness that before they started their discussion he needed to thank him for saving his wife's life, the Witness said that he did not recall meeting his wife and the man said I know, but last week when you came I was about to kill her, I had the hammer on my gun pulled back and then you came to the door.
Now while we so called Christians are home putting up stupid, nasty, and childish signs on our door's, not to mention sitting on our butts doing nothing, this so called cult is out saving lives.
We do not need to fool ourselves into thinking we are alright just because we believe, the Bible says those doing God's will will be saved, not just those who believe. The Demon's believe yet they are soon to be destroyed.
The early Christians were called a cult by everyone, and guess what, they went about "pushing" their beliefs on everyone, they did it because that is what Jesus told them to do!!!
When Christians go door to door as they should, they are doing two things, looking for the HONEST HEARTED, but their presence is also a warning, reconcile with God, or you may be in line for destruction. When you speak against those who do what they are supposed to be doing, be assured of one thing, you are speaking against both God and Jesus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800poundgorilla
A Witness was going door to door and a man answered the door he seemed to be very, very angry, the Witness started talking to him about how little peace there is in the world, and man started to calm down, when he was offered the reading material the man took it, he also said it was ok to come back. The next week the Witness did come back and the man invited him him, he told the Witness that before they started their discussion he needed to thank him for saving his wife's life, the Witness said that he did not recall meeting his wife and the man said I know, but last week when you came I was about to kill her, I had the hammer on my gun pulled back and then you came to the door.

Is that a true story? You don't give any reference or names or dates.

That's interesting because our Pastor (independent Baptist) has told us about a true event that happened when he and his wife were ringing doorbells or knocking on doors several years ago. His story was in the first person, of course, and he included details. On a Monday night, he and his wife rang the bell and knocked at the door several times. Normally, they just leave a tract if no one answers. After several minutes of ringing the bell and knocking, they stuck a tract in the door jam, and then left.

The following Sunday, after the morning service, a woman approached the Pastor. She thanked him so much for saving her life. The Pastor told, he was sorry but he didn't remember meeting her before. Then, the woman explained her story. She said, "Do you remember last Monday you were in such-and-such a neighborhood, knocking on doors? Well, you knocked at my door but I didn't answer, so you left a tract. What you didn't know was, that was the same day that my husband left me after many years of marriage. I was very depressed and upset. I wanted to kill myself. I started to get things set up to hang myself. But I heard someone at my door. I stopped and listened, and thought I should wait until the person left. The bell rang, someone knocked, again and again. Finally, I was too curious, so I went to the door. No one was there, but I found this little booklet [tract]. The title was 'Someone Cares'. I was curious, so I read it. It was the beautiful story of Jesus and His salvation. That night I accepted Jesus into my heart, and He gave me perfect peace. I couldn't kill myself after that. I saw your church address on the back of the paper, so I decided to come here today to thank you, and to find out more about Jesus."

(I've condensed the story a bit for this post; the Pastor told more details, and told more about the lady joining the church, and serving the Lord and her community.)

Quote:
Now while we so called Christians are home putting up stupid, nasty, and childish signs on our door's, not to mention sitting on our butts doing nothing, this so called cult is out saving lives.
I don't understand what you mean about "stupid, nasty, and childish signs on our door's". Can you explain?

We have a brass plaque on our front door. It says:

Joshua 24:15
...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

The members of our church still make visits to people's homes, and reach out to the community in various ways, so I'm not sure what you mean about, "sitting on our butts doing nothing".

Quote:
We do not need to fool ourselves into thinking we are alright just because we believe, the Bible says those doing God's will will be saved, not just those who believe.
God's will is for all to be saved.

John 3
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Becoming saved is doing God's will. Then, the saved person continues to do God's will out of love and obedience, NOT for salvation.

Galatians 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

The works that follow salvation by faith are some of the evidence that salvation has taken place. Works follow faith.

Quote:
The Demon's believe yet they are soon to be destroyed.
They believe (that is, they know in their minds) that Jesus is God and Savior. However, they don't trust in Jesus for salvation.

Satan and his demon angels know who Jesus is; but they don't trust Him for salvation. They long ago made their choice, and rebelled against Jesus for all eternity.

What are the "works" of the demons? They are evil works. Those are the evidences that they have no faith (trust) in Jesus.

Quote:
The early Christians were called a cult by everyone...
And they suffered for it.

Quote:
... and guess what, they went about "pushing" their beliefs on everyone, they did it because that is what Jesus told them to do!!!
What do you mean by "pushing"? The early Christians preached the Gospel in public areas, or shared the Good News with family and friends. They didn't use force or dishonest ways to trick anyone into becoming Christians. The apostles preached boldly but most of the common Christians quietly shared the Gospel with others in a personal way. Their testimonies became public when they were thrown into the Coliseum to be tortured and killed.

Quote:
When Christians go door to door as they should, they are doing two things, looking for the HONEST HEARTED...
I've never heard of that. When we knock on a door we are looking for people who need the Lord. Maybe they are "honest hearted", maybe not. Only God knows the heart.

Quote:
... but their presence is also a warning, reconcile with God, or you may be in line for destruction.
The Holy Spirit will convict people of their needs. Some people need to be saved. Some people who are already saved need to repent and live right. If an unsaved person refuses to be saved by Jesus, then that person will be headed for the destruction of Hell. If a saved person refuses to obey God for living right, then that person will suffer God's chastisement but will NOT be headed for the destruction of Hell.

Just clarifying.

Quote:
When you speak against those who do what they are supposed to be doing, be assured of one thing, you are speaking against both God and Jesus!
If someone knocks at the door of a Christian, and that person brings a false doctrine or "another" Gospel, the Christian must send them away, and not bless them.

2 John 1
10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

We do not need to fool ourselves into thinking we are alright just because we believe, the Bible says those doing God's will will be saved, not just those who believe. The Demon's believe yet they are soon to be destroyed.
The early Christians were called a cult by everyone, and guess what, they went about "pushing" their beliefs on everyone, they did it because that is what Jesus told them to do!!!
When Christians go door to door as they should, they are doing two things, looking for the HONEST HEARTED, but their presence is also a warning, reconcile with God, or you may be in line for destruction. When you speak against those who do what they are supposed to be doing, be assured of one thing, you are speaking against both God and Jesus!

VERY LAME GUILT TRIP. :roll:

I am waiting for JW supporters to answer my question: Who were Westcott and Hort?

It false doctrine who were Westcott and Hort.

Hort and Westcott founded Ghost Society in England

Hort and Westcott myth, showing that the Bibles they influenced are setting us up for a One World Religion.

New Age Bible Versions - by G.A. Riplinger

QUESTION: Who were Westcott and Hort?

ANSWER: Two unsaved Bible critics. look links here,

Who were Westcott and Hort?

Hort was an admirer and proponent of Darwin and his theory of evolution.

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/hort.htm

Westcott and Hort

Westcott and Hort

They are very blasphemy!!! read here,

Wescott and Hort

Sadly, both men died having never known the joy and peace of claiming Jesus Christ as their Saviour.

It false doctrine who were Westcott and Hort.

Hort and Westcott founded Ghost Society in England

Hort and Westcott myth, showing that the Bibles they influenced are setting us up for a One World Religion.

New Age Bible Versions - by G.A. Riplinger

QUESTION: Who were Westcott and Hort?

ANSWER: Two unsaved Bible critics. look links here,

Who were Westcott and Hort?

Hort was an admirer and proponent of Darwin and his theory of evolution.

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/hort.htm

Westcott and Hort

Westcott and Hort

They are very blasphemy!!! read here,

Wescott and Hort

Sadly, both men died having never known the joy and peace of claiming Jesus Christ as their Saviour.
Are you not JW? You provided good sites concerning Westcott and Hort. You see, I am waiting for JW supporters to answer my question, but JW supporters are incapable to answer it because they can't refute me concerning who W/H are.

Are you not JW? You provided good sites concerning Westcott and Hort. You see, I am waiting for JW supporters to answer my question, but JW supporters are incapable to answer it because they can't refute me concerning who W/H are.

She used to be JW before, but not anymore.

Yes, I former JW and told CyberRed in post there. Thanks! I bet they stuck it out and not answered with you back. I am very GUT!!! Praise Lord!

TrickPony, will we discuss concerning JW Bible and Westcott and Hort text? If so, will you please tell me why the JW New Testament followed the W/H text?

TrickPony, will we discuss concerning JW Bible and Westcott and Hort text? If so, will you please tell me why the JW New Testament followed the W/H text?

they not answer you back since few days... They stuck it out.. me too wait on them... you good question and wait them answer back.... Or They not know how much history and New Testament huh?

Who is this speaking about?

His behavior with the late Lennox and his distancing himself from his wife attracted wide attention. Francis Osborne noted in a memoir not published until many years later during Cromwell’s day that “The love the King showed men was amorously conveyed as if he had mistaken their sex and thought them ladies, which I have seen Somerset and Buckingham labour to resemble in the effeminateness of their dressings; though in whorish looks and wanton gestures they exceeded any part of womankind my conversation did ever cope withal. Nor was his love, or whatever posterity will please to call it… carried on with a discretion sufficient to cover a less scandalous behaviour; for the king’s kissing them after so lascivious a mode in public, and upon the theater, as it were, of the world, prompted many to imagine some things done in the tiring house that exceed my expressions no less than they do my experience, and therefore left them upon the waves of conjecture, which hath in my hearing tossed them from one side to another

His behavior with the late Lennox and his distancing himself from his wife attracted wide attention. Francis Osborne noted in a memoir not published until many years later during Cromwell’s day that “The love the King showed men was amorously conveyed as if he had mistaken their sex and thought them ladies, which I have seen Somerset and Buckingham labour to resemble in the effeminateness of their dressings; though in whorish looks and wanton gestures they exceeded any part of womankind my conversation did ever cope withal. Nor was his love, or whatever posterity will please to call it… carried on with a discretion sufficient to cover a less scandalous behaviour; for the king’s kissing them after so lascivious a mode in public, and upon the theater, as it were, of the world, prompted many to imagine some things done in the tiring house that exceed my expressions no less than they do my experience, and therefore left them upon the waves of conjecture, which hath in my hearing tossed them from one side to another
That's a quote about King James of England. So what?

You are right!

Askjo seems to be making quite a bit of noise about Westcott and Hort and their background, I just find it interesting that some have said very strong things about King James, yet, I for one do not think it should make us throw the KJV away.
The same with the work of those individuals, I mean, Vine was a dyed in the wool trinitarian, yet, much of his dictionary is still very useful.

Askjo seems to be making quite a bit of noise about Westcott and Hort and their background, I just find it interesting that some have said very strong things about King James, yet, I for one do not think it should make us throw the KJV away.
The same with the work of those individuals, I mean, Vine was a dyed in the wool trinitarian, yet, much of his dictionary is still very useful.
King James himself didn't translate the Bible. The group of biblical scholars did that. It's called the King James Version meaning that the king authorized the formation of the translation group, and the publishing of their work. He was not involved in any of the translating itself.

Personally, I prefer the KJV Bible but I think the title choice puts the focus on the wrong person. Too many people think that the king actually sat down at a desk, with piles of parchments stacked around him, quill in hand, and wrote the translation.

The King 's authority was to order godly men translating the translation for English-speaking people. Remember the story of William Tyndale's life? He prayed to God saying, "Lord, open the King of England's eye..." God answered William's prayer. God used this King of England for His purpose of providing the English translation, namely the KJV. This King James did nothing with the translation, but his authority did with that translation. That is how we got the KJV.

Reba's comment, that I agree with, is good point concerning the King James and the translation.

Look at the JW bible and the W/H text. You should research on the question: Why did the JW bible follow the W/H text? Will you answer this question? Or do you decline? Why? Why not?

Come, let's discuss concerning JW and W/H text. You need to know the FACT about the Westcott and Hort and their Greek text -- compare to JW. Keep in mind that I do not criticize the JW, but after discussing concerning JW and the W/H text, you will be awestruck at the factual result.

So what?

The King 's authority was to order godly men translating the translation for English-speaking people. Remember the story of William Tyndale's life? He prayed to God saying, "Lord, open the King of England's eye..." God answered William's prayer. God used this King of England for His purpose of providing the English translation, namely the KJV. This King James did nothing with the translation, but his authority did with that translation. That is how we got the KJV.

Reba's comment, that I agree with, is good point concerning the King James and the translation.

Look at the JW bible and the W/H text. You should research on the question: Why did the JW bible follow the W/H text? Will you answer this question? Or do you decline? Why? Why not?

Come, let's discuss concerning JW and W/H text. You need to know the FACT about the Westcott and Hort and their Greek text -- compare to JW. Keep in mind that I do not criticize the JW, but after discussing concerning JW and the W/H text, you will be awestruck at the factual result.

What has that got to do with anything we are speaking about?, they again, as far as I am concerned, with their defiled Bible as you seem to imply it is, act more like Christians that all of the so called Christians in the world! As I have said in many posts, give me a cult that does what Jesus said, over the so called Christians that will kill their own mother, brother, sister, father, son or whom ever their real God, their country tells them to.
So it does not matter how low you feel the Witnesses are on the ladder, it still does not make you are anyone else who is a part of the church's innocent in God's eyes.
Many of the things you have seen in my posts have struck a chord, and hopefully you will meditate on them. I have, for years.

If we cannot agree on something as clear as killing your own brother in war, well, how could we agree on anything complex.

but again, if you feel good about where you are, more power to you. I just like to share things most have never seen or thougth about. And there are those here, who do see the clear truth, and really, that is who I am interested in the first place!!
By the way, I have had discussions like this with both abortion supporters and those who say God has no problem homosexual behavior, they ignore what the Bible has to say in much the same way.

Last edited:
Is it so important from what manuscript the bible is translated from then the message that it comes from ? I do not now the writers you speak of, but I do know while you are making a big issue of the "New World Translation of the Bible", I don't see you making the same claim about "The New Revise Verison of the KJV" which have very noticeable changes, if comparing bibles is what you are doing.

I'm afraid you will waste your whole life wanting and trying to prove JW's wrong when the time an energy can be spent reading the bible ,learning more about the creator and his son. That is what is important.

Great point!

Is it so important from what manuscript the bible is translated from then the message that it comes from ? I do not now the writers you speak of, but I do know while you are making a big issue of the "New World Translation of the Bible", I don't see you making the same claim about "The New Revise Verison of the KJV" which have very noticeable changes, if comparing bibles is what you are doing.

I'm afraid you will waste your whole life wanting and trying to prove JW's wrong when the time an energy can be spent reading the bible ,learning more about the creator and his son. That is what is important.

If people did more Bible reading, their lives would be so much better, and false stories and bad habits would soon fade away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back