Finlay's tumor is CANCER!!

I'm very sorry that your news was bad.

Try to take some more pictures of Finlay before it's too late. They will be precious to you later.

I will pray comfort and strength for you during this difficult time. :hug:

I wish I did have a camera to take more photos of Finlay , I have some ,I will have put them in a save place. I sure will need that all the help I can get to made it throught this difficult time. I am going to spend time with Finlay now. Thank you everyone !

I am going to be bring Finaly to the vet tomorrow , this will be our last night together!! :( :cry: He is needing to pee a lot , and falling into the snow bank ,it is so sad to see my strong intelligent dog be so confused and having trouble peeing. I hope the weather will hold off so I can get to the vet's office OK

I am going to be bring Finaly to the vet tomorrow , this will be our last night together!! :( :cry: He is needing to pee a lot , and falling into the snow bank ,it is so sad to see my strong intelligent dog be so confused and having trouble peeing. I hope the weather will hold off so I can get to the vet's office OK

:( Its a hard decision, but, you're doing the best for him. :hug:

I'm so very sorry to hear about your dog having cancer. Pets really do leave footprints on our hearts. He's very lucky to be so well cared for and loved.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your dog having cancer. Pets really do leave footprints on our hearts. He's very lucky to be so well cared for and loved.

Oh God yes ! Finlay will leave a ton of his footprints on my heart! My heart is aching sooo much right now! I a going to sit with again, I may not get any sleep tonight!

Thank you so much Sosie! I spending most of the day with Finlay, I am sorry to hear you lost your furry best friend to cancer too. :( I will give Finlay your message! !!

You are welcome! :)
Good, I am glad to hear that you have had spend so much time with your beautiful dog, Finlay.
My precious cat, Suki was like a daughter to me and I miss her terribly and still think of her every day. Thanks.
Thank you for telling your dog, Finlay a message for me.
Hugs!!!

This sounds a little guilting to me. If someone can't bear to watch the process, they shouldn't have to. Putting a beloved animal down is the hardest thing one will ever do. Sometimes, just knowing that you've done the best for them is enough, and, THEY know you've done the best you can for them. Being with the animal in the final moment, should be the decision of the person based on what is easiest for them and their situation.

Personally, I feel being with them to the end is part of the commitment we make to our animals when we first decide to bring them into our lives. Yes, it is sad, but we do it for them, so that they will have the comfort of our presence and not be with strangers at the end. Not being there is not going to make it any easier for us. I understand that some people just can't do it, and because of that, I am the one who has always had to take our animals when the time comes. But I don't mind. I think it is important for them to have someone familiar with them, hopefully their favorite person. But, this is a choice we as pet owners have to make ourselves. It is the worst part about loving animals.

I am very sad to hear about Finlay. Be with him now as much as you can, spoil him rotten if you can afford to!! If you need anything, please let me know!

Personally, I feel being with them to the end is part of the commitment we make to our animals when we first decide to bring them into our lives. Yes, it is sad, but we do it for them, so that they will have the comfort of our presence and not be with strangers at the end. Not being there is not going to make it any easier for us. I understand that some people just can't do it, and because of that, I am the one who has always had to take our animals when the time comes. But I don't mind. I think it is important for them to have someone familiar with them, hopefully their favorite person. But, this is a choice we as pet owners have to make ourselves. It is the worst part about loving animals.

I am very sad to hear about Finlay. Be with him now as much as you can, spoil him rotten if you can afford to!! If you need anything, please let me know!

Let's not turn this into a debate, please. That comment was born out of a slight misunderstanding that's been cleared up already.

I am sorry for Finlay's diagnosis. :( Just spend your time with him before he gains his wings and flies into the heaven.

I am sorry for Finlay's diagnosis. :( Just spend your time with him before he gains his wings and flies into the heaven.

Thank you Oddball!! Yes, Finlay is now in heaven wearing big beautiful wings and with my mother!
My daughter was with me when Finlay passed away. We stayed with him the whole time. I laid right near him when he took his last breath. My house feel so empty now ! Finlay was an awesome dog and I am going to miss Finlay so much.
Thank You everyone for your condolences.

Thank you Oddball!! Yes, Finlay is now in heaven wearing big beautiful wings and with my mother!
My daughter was with me when Finlay passed away. We stayed with him the whole time. I laid right near him when he took his last breath. My house feel so empty now ! Finlay was an awesome dog and I am going to miss Finlay so much.
Thank You everyone for your condolences.

Someday, you will feel his wet nose on your hand again. I personally know the empty feeling you have. When you are ready, go to a Humane society near you and find a new fuzzy friend. It will never replace Finlay, but you can create new memories.

Maybe dogs that move on go to a big dog park in the sky. Hope that you find comfort in the fact that Finlay is not in pain anymore. I'm sorry for your loss.

I hope if you want a new hearing dog, you can obtain one quickly. We got Joey within a month of our last pet's death, but I always do because I am trying to rescue as many as I can before I die.

It does help take your mind off your sorrow, although I can still start crying when something reminds me of the pet who dies. I bet your mother is happy to have Finlay now.

Someday, you will feel his wet nose on your hand again. I personally know the empty feeling you have. When you are ready, go to a Humane society near you and find a new fuzzy friend. It will never replace Finlay, but you can create new memories.

I am now wearing one of Finlay dog tag with my Star of David! I did not want to get get off Finlay, but the vet had to listen to his little heart for the last time! And this was so painful for me! I wanted stay to with Finlay longer but he had to be moved. I stay as my daughter's house for 2 nights. And I was laying on the couch crying and felt someone touch my arm , I thought it was my daughter, but it was her dog trying to comfort me! Yes, I have 9 years of
wondeful memories of my beloved dog. But nine years was too short!

Maybe dogs that move on go to a big dog park in the sky. Hope that you find comfort in the fact that Finlay is not in pain anymore. I'm sorry for your loss.

I once saw a pictureof want dog heaven would look like, and there was dogs running around a having great time! I told Finlay that I was going to make his pain go away and that I would carry is for him. I just could not let Finlay suffer any more , I loved him too much! thank you !

I hope if you want a new hearing dog, you can obtain one quickly. We got Joey within a month of our last pet's death, but I always do because I am trying to rescue as many as I can before I die.

It does help take your mind off your sorrow, although I can still start crying when something reminds me of the pet who dies. I bet your mother is happy to have Finlay now.

I did not know you could get a hearing dog that fast , how did you this?
My sister found a woman the breed Olde Boston Bull Dogs, She live in Georgina , my sister told the woman about Finlay and she felt so bad for me and said she would give a Olde Boston Bull Dog for free and train it do some demands for the phone and door. I do not know a lot about Olde Boston Bull Dogs ,but they're real cute. Yes , my mother is very happy Finlay is with her as he will remind mom of me. I used to tease my mother and tell her that Finlay looked like her as they both had black curly hair and a long nose!
I brought my granddaughter a pocketbook shaped like a black poodle for Christmas , it was from Finlay and when I saw the pocketbook I wanted to cry!

My Joey is not a hearing dog. He is Deaf himself. He is a rescue.

I think it was nice of your friend to offer to train and give you the new hearing dog. Do you mean Boston Terrier? My parents kept Boston Terrier dogs and they are nice small dogs.

I wonder if she meant Olde English Bulldogges which are a large newer breed?

Back