Emergency Room Waiting

better believe it.

I live in a rural area where it is very hard to find my house.

I know how longs it takes for them to get here. :)

45 min :shock:

wwwwwwwhhhhhaaaaaa???? 45 min? and you want to wait for ambulance? hmm couple questions -

1. if you were to drive to hospital yourself, how long will that take?
2. why and what makes it hard to find your house?

wwwwwwwhhhhhaaaaaa???? 45 min? and you want to wait for ambulance? hmm couple questions -

1. if you were to drive to hospital yourself, how long will that take?
2. why and what makes it hard to find your house?

To answer question number one. About 10 to 15 minutes.

To answer question number two. I live off of a non county maintained road.
"dirt road" I do not even get garbage pick up. I have to take my own trash to the dump. The kids bus stop is a mile away. My Mail box is at the same place at the kids bus stop.

"dirt road" I do not even get garbage pick up. I have to take my own trash to the dump. The kids bus stop is a mile away. My Mail box is at the same place at the kids bus stop.

whoa...... that's very far to pick up the mails.... hmmm have you considered posting a pole with easy-to-read address number? I saw this at Home Depot that there's a very highly-visible sign you put on your pole/door/mailbox for emergency personnel to see.

I have one.

A lot of people do not out here.

Actually I had a UPS man flag me down because he did not know where to deliver a package. and he gave me an address and a Name.

Fortunately I knew the person and told him exactly where to go.

My address is off of the non maintained road on the fence post. then you go down another road and I have my home made signed off my drive way. Once you hit that you go straight down til you see my home.

whoa...... that's very far to pick up the mails.... hmmm have you considered posting a pole with easy-to-read address number? I saw this at Home Depot that there's a very highly-visible sign you put on your pole/door/mailbox for emergency personnel to see.

About half of my families have that kind of lifestyle too, it's not so bad. Their house are not really hard to find as you know where their house was. If you don't know, you won't find their house, as simple as that. Most of road goes straight till you know which ramp to take to the house where you want to go. One of my grandparents live about 1 hour and half away from the city, they are doing fine.

I've been to the ER before several times, sometimes I have to wait or less wait depends on the location of the hostipal. I remember I went to the hostipal which are near the rurals, I don't even wait, they just help me immedately. At the same hostipal, the most long I have to wait is the taxi at 30 min. I don't know about my currently location hostipal yet.

My parents too. They live on a farm, with a long dirt road with only 3 neighbors. Someone needed an ambulance and they went to my parent's farm. Whoops so the county/USPS had to rework the house numbers. Now I know they will be taken care of if they ever call an ambulance.:D

I live in a semi-rural area. The hospital in my county is 45 minutes away. There are two regional hospitals 2o minutes away. I've used the two hospitals in the next county--12 miles away but the wait times are extremely long! No matter what time you get there, still a long time. The hospital 45 mins away is a Level I hospital. I gave it a shot with their ER and guess what, they have short wait times but sometimes you get triaged after they get you into a room. That way they comply with the new customer service policies. They are absolutely GREAT so the drive is worth it.

If a Walk-in Clinic is the closest place like 10 minutes instead of 30 minutes to ER, will you go there instead of ER? (I was told that the Walk-in Click does not required to make an appointment to see a doctor.)

Of course, you will need to go to ER when you are in danger of your health.

Some people will go to an E.R room for a simple cough when they can go to a walk-in clinic or see their family doctor for this.

This is where someone needs to exercise caution using the E.R room for.

Some people will go to an E.R room for a simple cough when they can go to a walk-in clinic or see their family doctor for this.

This is where someone needs to exercise caution using the E.R room for.

I agree.

A simple cough can wait until you see your Dr. at a Dr office.

E.R. is abused by people with simple illnesses, such as a common cold.

That is one of the reasons why the "Wait Time" is so long.

I agree.

A simple cough can wait until you see your Dr. at a Dr office.

E.R. is abused by people with simple illnesses, such as a common cold.

That is one of the reasons why the "Wait Time" is so long.

i don't even see my doctor for a simple cough. i'm more likely to see her if i have a fever and vomiting or something more serious, but i know each of us is different when it comes to that.

When my husband stuck a butcher knife though his hand while separating turkey burgers, we took him to the closest walk in clinic.

They disinfected him, and stitched his hand up faster than we could have gotten to an ER>

Our trips to the ER:

* Hubby cut hand while repairing window

* Hubby had chest injuries from car accident (ambulance trip)

* Hubby broke arm while roller skating

* Hubby broke other arm while chopping fire wood

* Hubby sliced knee with chain saw while cutting down tree

* Daughter broke arm at school gym

* Daughter slammed locked car door on finger

* Daughter had bad knee infection that had to be lanced

* I had severe hives and needed injections (3 times)

Most of those times we were seen right away. The only times we had to wait longer were for two of my hive visits, and my daughter's knee infection.

My E.R trips were only when I had severe epileptic convulsions and bad fever as well.

I was recently rushed to the E.R to be attended by the on-call neuro-ophthalmologist on the request by my ophthalmologist from the doctor's office because of high inter-cranial pressure in my brain.

Back