'Duck Dynasty' star suspended for anti-gay remarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
'Duck Dynasty' star suspended for anti-gay remarks - CNN.com

I'm big fan of Duck Dynasty since this show started run in 2012 and I like this show because they are very funny, so they share same culture with Alabamians, that's not about anti-gay or religious, if you see themes and environments in Duck Dynasty so it is popular in Alabama and other southern states. I'm surprised that Phil Robertson was suspended for anti-gay comment and I didn't find his comment is offensive, but it is more like sarcasm. I don't think A&E should suspend him for those behavior and I think it will be nice for him to apologize or clarify his view to make less offensive. I believe that A&E is doing a damage control because of advertisers. Most companies, run as advertisers are pro-gay rights and they don't want to represent the shows that contain anti-gay structures. Without advertisers, Duck Dynasty won't survive because it is expensive to make a show and A&E needs money from advertisers.

I hopefully Duck Dynasty doesn't getting cancelled over incident and I think Phil Robertson will return eventually, just like A&E did to Dog the Bounty Hunter in 2007 over racist comment.

Feel free to express your belief and just careful about religious debate.

I think he has right to his opinion. Most people don't express it but he did. He told exactly how he felt. I don't know why he's getting all the negativity on this because it's just his opinion. What happened to freedom of speech? Are we not allowed to express our opinions regardless what the subject is? I think people are overreacting.

I guy made some remarks about Black people too that also has something do with the guy being taken off show. The show looks like crash to me anyway and I would not waste time watching it.

I guy made some remarks about Black people too that also has something do with the guy being taken off show. The show looks like crash to me anyway and I would not waste time watching it.

I know this show isn't your type, but you aren't alone. :lol:

Wirelessly posted

Yet, comedians can speak their mind and make offensive jokes. Or Singers/Rappers can degrade women and sing about killing cops etc. SMH. Leave the man alone. He has a right to speak his mind. Freedom of speech isn't free anymore due to everything being polictically corrected.

Don't watch the show...seems too redneck to me...But one of my sons loves the show and most likely we will discuss this when he comes over Sunday.

Don't watch the show...seems too redneck to me...But one of my sons loves the show and most likely we will discuss this when he comes over Sunday.

I thought you love redneck... :hmm:

No way...city lady at heart...... Farting, chewing tobacco and snuff...etc., etc., just don't cut it with me!...:giggle:

Oh interesting... :lol:

You are hardcore sense of humor too. :D

stop complaining, it's a redneck tv show, WHAT did you expect?? they surely aren't gonna be PC...get over it

stop complaining, it's a redneck tv show, WHAT did you expect?? they surely aren't gonna be PC...get over it

Nobody complain about this show in AD forum. :lol:

Also, there are many gay rednecks here too.

I have some redneck culture - drink beer, love guns, love a big truck and southern hospitality. Some of my deaf friends see me as redneck, but I told them that I'm proud to be southern guy, rather than use redneck term. The fashion isn't always reflective as redneck culture - white guy with nice collar shirt, blue jean or short with big truck, love beer, pride of southern culture are redneck, but I prefer to use southern guy as formal.

The rednecks via online is mostly exaggeration so if you want see a true redneck - come to southern state and have a fun. :lol:

I think he has right to his opinion. Most people don't express it but he did. He told exactly how he felt. I don't know why he's getting all the negativity on this because it's just his opinion. What happened to freedom of speech? Are we not allowed to express our opinions regardless what the subject is? I think people are overreacting.

freedom of speech doesn't apply to corporations... only government

and Phil signed a contract with A&E and part of the clauses doesn't allow him to speak such thing.

cuthmsh_1.jpg

from my friend's FB -
It's not a free speech issue if you get in trouble for violating terms of a legally binding contract you sign with an employer. Nice try, Sarah "Half-Term" Palin.

...and Phil signed a contract with A&E and part of the clauses doesn't allow him to speak such thing….
Do you have a link for the exact contractual wording?

Duck Dynasty merchandise is selling out in stores.

I am all for freedom of speech and all that but if he is representing the network, there may be consequences for how he portrays the network. It is all business and image. Networks have billions of dollars at stake and they wont be willing to lose all that money for someone's right to freedom of speech.

this is bad news, it is really about whiteism,anti-gayism- anti-everything that is not the white ameriica dream...so there ... , anyway i think it total bullshit, in NZ harley riders aren't pussy-homo duck shooters, they are BIKERS...and BIKERS here haven't got a slightest interest in farmshit....fudge if i know..and i don't care

all i know is i want a Ducati, not a HARLEY PIECE OF SHIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back