Do you love your job?

The east coast is weird like that. In the south hugs are not "unprofessional" or "improper contact" Hell, I get hugged by everybody.

I love to hug. I think in California its pretty accepted. Hell, we are known for being tree huggers. We hug everything here ;)

In the East, we all back slap..but that's as far as it goes...unless you're a woman and leaving the agency.

Laura

I like mine... It's okay. But honestly, I'd rather make an impact on peoples lives. I'm planning on going to school starting next year. I'm going for a Master of Science with emphasis in ASL and Deaf education. I'm planning on teaching ASL as a primary language to children from 3 to 12.

I love to hug. I think in California its pretty accepted. Hell, we are known for being tree huggers. We hug everything here ;)

Yup, same in southern states, I hugged my therapist and staffs at school but not allowed in Washington DC.

Wirelessly posted

My job and I have a love hate relationship. Some days I absolutely love my job and some days I just wish I could have just stayed home.

Wirelessly posted

My job and I have a love hate relationship. Some days I absolutely love my job and some days I just wish I could have just stayed home.

People make a lot of money doing your job from home. Just sayin.

Wirelessly posted

TXgolfer said:
Wirelessly posted

People make a lot of money doing your job from home. Just sayin.

:lol: Yah, and a one way ticket to jail.

I have to say, I really do enjoy my job (most days love- some days just enjoy). I work for a Domestic Violence Center. For the first four years I worked in the actual shelter (managed it for one of those years- THAT part about killed me, I was real close to burn out before I switched to my current position). Shelter work is really hard sometimes but there were many times when it was very rewarding. Now I work as Prevention Coordinator which means I am out in the community either talking to adults or kids about violence prevention and signs of abuse and so forth. I have a couple ongoing programs where I offer dating violence/healthy relationship classes to different groups of teens and I really enjoy working with the kids (more so than I liked working with adults). Some days I don't really want to teach (this week I have really not been feeling it, but I did a class tonight and it went well- sometimes I just have to push myself) but I always love seeing the kids and I just hope that some of the stuff I say sticks in their heads :). The pay is not the greatest (I actually took a small pay cut when I switched positions last year but I took a HUGE stress reduction with that cut, so it definitely paid off in other ways) but the hope of touching and changing someone's life for the better is what makes the job worth it. So, yeah, you could say I love my job! :)

That is interesting. The spa I go to does not allow that type of contact. In fact, you have to sign a document about acting professional with the staff or you'll be shut off.

Guess that would depend on the kind of hug lol, I mean there are hugs, and then there are hugs. Most of these hugs have come from middle aged women.......so I don't think they were crossing any lines.

Wirelessly posted

I kinda had the same problem, I got into remodeling houses lol oops what was I thinking :) I started doing carpet and flooring but all the installers are either drunk or doing drugs by 10 am,, soooo that didn't work then i jumped into framing and it was all the same and after watching one guy that was stoned fall 3 floors and him thinking he could land on his feet well you can guess his outcome, I finally found something I love doing electrical work :) :) :) and even though everyone says its dangerous, after all the years I'm doing it I'm still here and damn good at it,, ok yes I did get my share of shocks but after one shock I'll never forget I don't trust anyone to say ( yes the power is off) I check myself every time i don't ever want a 13,600 volt shock again I lived too talk about it and to this day I put most guys with there college degrees to shame, so yes it took a while to find what I love to do but on a good note I can build a house from start to finish now :) :) and its perfect but I'm never happy until I'm doing electrical go figure :) :) so even it too you a while its ok at least your doing what you like now and in the end you have to be happy for you not anyone else so good luck to you enjoy your new job

I am a Systems Administrator-Hardware and Microsoft Windows, for one of the largest banks in the world. I remotly support over 3,000 servers all over the world :) I love my job, wish i was paid more though but given the current global economy and my disability I consider myself very, very fortunate. Hope to retire by age of 55 which I am currently shooting for.

Been in IT\electronics field since 1994 and my one and only regret was I should have bought 1000 shares of Microsoft stock when it was 3 bucks a share and 1000 shares of Google stocks when it was 25 bucks a share :(

I love my job :D It is very rewarding, and I can't tell you how awesome it is to be appreciated by people, really truly appreciated and they let you know. I love love love getting a hug from a client I've never worked on before, and they're all smiles and thank yous. Everybody loves their massage therapist :D

Ooooh! Can I hug you?

Ooooh! Can I hug you?

Yesh!! I love hugs.

You guys are making me realize something....it def may a regional/cultural thing. There was a therapist I work ed with here who's from Boston, she hated people hugging her. I love hugs though, even from women, just have to do it carefully, I have an aversion to my boobs touching other boobs. :giggle:

Back