Do you love your job?

I was lucky, I loved my "job" (contractor) and the pay was good. I was actually excited to wake up every morning.

I work harder now (planning fundraisers and events) and I really love that. It is a fight every day, but I enjoy it. I do it for free. :crazy:

nooooooooooooope. hopefully that will change when i get into radiography.

I went to check into returning to college for radiographer, they said there is too many indians and not enough chiefs.... in other words the schools are spitting out tons of radiographers but there is no job market for them. I was told to go for Polysomography (sleep disorders) it is in big demand now and they dont have enough qualified people to fill them. It is a 12-18 month program, I could do it in 12 if I really put some ass into it since I scored high on my entry tests. Now I just need a vehicle to get there.

My career is taking care of home (cleaning, maintaining, cooking), also I'm full time student.

That's not really lovely job because I don't make any money, but just compensation only.

I've found that women I know and have met seek out jobs they like instead of jobs for the purpose of income

You are saying that women tend to look only for jobs that will fit what they want, regardless of income, not what they need......and men look for jobs that pay well, but not necessarily what they want?

Probably is true among spoiled young people, but I haven't seen much of that attitude lately among the rest of us older farts.

Guys are taught from an early age they are to take care of their families while women are taught they will be in a family. Life may not work out that way for either, but that is still how we are brought up.

Not anymore. Women are taught these days that they are going to work, period. Which is why they seek out the rich guys....but that's nothing new.....:cool2:

I do enjoy mine in a way. You see, I may buy something for $50 and then drop it off to be auctioned off. It may sell for $120 which enables me to get $85 after fees. It adds up.

I went to school for counseling and hated it with passion!!! No more counseling. I enjoy what I do now.

but with excellent knowledge in economic and finance, anybody can thrive well. lot of people out there are very good at what they're doing but they lack business skill.

One other item to factor in is the "fun" jobs are what a lot of people want, which ends up lowering the salary because of more competition. Like with video game designers, there's no shortage of them but what about COBOL programmers that write boring business applications. Guess which tend to get paid more.

I'll admit that even though high-pressure jobs pay more I'll never want to get one. It's not worth it for me and I've been there (worked 2 1/2 years like a slave) With current job I'm not making 6 figures but I get to enjoy my weekends and evenings which is much more valuable to me than money in the bank. Your mileage may vary. :D

When I was a child and young adult, I worked for my father, which I enjoyed. Later I went to work in federal service. I hated my first agency and left after nearly three years to complete my education.....then found there was no work. I returned to federal service with a nighmare agency for five years that damn near killed me, moved on to yet another for three years - the best and the happiest of my career; I had to leave them because there was no advancement. Now I'm with nice people but no time to socialize, it's all about numbers and no errors and the commute is killing me. I essentially work in a factory....still looking for my place in the world......

Laura

I love my job both because of the people I work with (they are great!) and because of our clients. They are awesome. I derive a great deal of satisfaction and enjoyment from my work, as I do from other parts of my life too.

Every job or business has challenges, but the important thing is that you do enjoy your work, and can learn and grow from the challenges when they do arise. If you are unhappy in your current situation, there are two things you can do to fix it: you can either change your outlook about it, or you change your situation.

I have a love and hate relationship with my job.

Like most people - love getting paid, but hate the work....

For me it is a little more complicated. My pay sucks, I love the summers, Christmas break, and Spring break off. Sometimes, I like teaching and other times, I just dont feel up to teaching. It is a very difficult job and if one is not feeling good or low on energy, it makes it very very hard to keep up with the children. The politiics of my job realllllly sucks!

I love my job :D It is very rewarding, and I can't tell you how awesome it is to be appreciated by people, really truly appreciated and they let you know. I love love love getting a hug from a client I've never worked on before, and they're all smiles and thank yous. Everybody loves their massage therapist :D

For me it is a little more complicated. My pay sucks, I love the summers, Christmas break, and Spring break off. Sometimes, I like teaching and other times, I just dont feel up to teaching. It is a very difficult job and if one is not feeling good or low on energy, it makes it very very hard to keep up with the children. The politiics of my job realllllly sucks!

My brother's a teacher and he can't wait for his three years to retire. My sister is a teacher and HATES the politics and her employers. I don't think she'll last this year before she looks elsewhere. Teaching is not what it was.....

I love my job :D It is very rewarding, and I can't tell you how awesome it is to be appreciated by people, really truly appreciated and they let you know. I love love love getting a hug from a client I've never worked on before, and they're all smiles and thank yous. Everybody loves their massage therapist :D

That is interesting. The spa I go to does not allow that type of contact. In fact, you have to sign a document about acting professional with the staff or you'll be shut off.

My brother's a teacher and he can't wait for his three years to retire. My sister is a teacher and HATES the politics and her employers. I don't think she'll last this year before she looks elsewhere. Teaching is not what it was.....

Yea, I guess not. We get blamed for almost everything that goes wrong in this country.

That is interesting. The spa I go to does not allow that type of contact. In fact, you have to sign a document about acting professional with the staff or you'll be shut off.

The east coast is weird like that. In the south hugs are not "unprofessional" or "improper contact" Hell, I get hugged by everybody.

Back