Death Penalty (Opinion/Feedback)

I response Reba´s post at other thread

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=463843&postcount=49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liebling:)))
It has nothing do with belief but fact. Do you beleive God do that? I don´t.

Originally Posted by Reba
I can't force you to believe God. If you don't want to accept what God said in the Bible, that is your choice. But it is in the Bible, right there in black and white. That is a FACT! Just because you don't agree with God doesn't change the facts.

Liebling answer
Don´t twist my word.
I never say that I don´t beleive God but I beleive God in my heart, not Bible. How you know it´s really true that God say in the Bible? It´s Author who wrote... I know in my HEART that God would not punish his children to death... He forgive his children...

If it´s really true that I would lost my respect on God for that... I KNOW he would NEVER do that... I do not listen what the bible says... because it´s author who wrote and translate from scriptures. I beleive in my heart that God never say that.

I guess that would make you smarter than God, huh?

Liebling answer
Huh? :confused: I´m sorry if you don´t like my opinion for accept God in my heart, not Bible... :dunno: I know God from my feeling..., not listen Bible because I realized that Author wrote Bible differently.

Is that because the autors of bible says so?

God is the Author of the Bible, and He says so, yes.

Liebling answer
No

Don´t you forget that Jesus save Mary from stones to death....

Don't you forget that Jesus did NOT tell the people that the capital sentence against adultery was wrong; He told them that this particular judgment against this particular individual (Mary) was wrong. Also, do you remember the thieves on the crosses with Jesus? Jesus did not stop their executions but He did offer them forgiveness and eternal life. The thieves were guilty of crimes, and they suffered their earthly consequences for that. However, the thief that accepted Jesus as Lord got eternal life with Jesus.

Liebling answer
Exactly, it´s Romans who put the thieves on the crosses, not God or Jesus. Jesus forgive them, not want them deserve to death...
It´s Jesus who save Mary from stone to death... Jesus ignored people´s anger about Mary and want her dead... All what Jesus said to them is FORGIVE... not put her death... How could Jesus save 2 thieves on the crosses because he himself is also on the cross, too... It´s Romans who put Jesus and 2 thieves to death... Jesus FORGIVE both thieves before they go heavens.

It´s Author who mislead the people to beleive what the word mean is " Thou shall not kill "... I beleive God mean something different than Author thought

Do you want to say that it´s law for Government to have death penalty to put people to death and unlawful for killers who kill human unlawful? You see the difference on them?

It isn't me saying that; it is in the Bible, it is in dictionaries, and it is in law books. It isn't just my personal opinion; it is published fact.

Liebling answer
Oh I see... You don´t have your own opinion but follow author of the bible´s opinion...

... MURDER is MURDER, period..

Yes, murder is murder; lawful executions are not murder. Read those definitions again.

Liebling answer
Yes I have read definitoins... To me, lawful executions are also murder, too. I consider them the same... MURDER is MURDER...

Rose Immortal said:
I do support the death penalty under certain conditions.

FIRST: There must be a law that requires that the state pay for and test any DNA evidence available in the case. The same should go for any other forensic tests that can be run to make absolutely sure that the person being put to death is the correct one.

SECOND: That no joy is taken in the execution. It should be a solemn thing and it is always a tragedy when a life has gone so far astray that execution is necessary.

THIRD: That there is no excess suffering or torture. There is no sense in doing that.

I believe that murder, rape, and treason should be the three capital crimes. These are the crimes that can do the worst damage to lives and frankly, I don't think we can trust these kinds of people to go back out into society once they have done something like that. It isn't hatred that makes me say that--but rather the simple fact that we have no way to know whether or not they continue to pose a danger.

But, as I said in the other thread, if such a criminal truly has reformed, that will also come with an understanding that the earthly consequence of death is only temporary. I believe that a redeemed criminal will be taken to Heaven. Don't you remember the one man crucified alongside Jesus who asked for and received that promise? He committed the crime and served an earthly penalty for it--but you can be sure that man is still enjoying the blessings of Heaven. That is for God to know (not for me), and I trust that He will not withhold that from anyone who is truly deserving.

Exactly... that's what I believe.

Response Reba´s post at other thread
http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=463842&postcount=48

Reba´s post
Interesting, but the cases you cited don't mention DNA, so how are they examples of DNA not being 100% accurate?

Also, you stated that "a lot" of innocent people were put to death. Do you have the statistics to support that statement? How many is "a lot"?

See the example about O.J. Simpson, etc...

Japanese research found out that DNA error could be rare!

DNA fingerprinting is not the most accurate way to describe the technique.

http://www.mvfr.org/DeathPenaltyFacts.htm

To me, yes 122 innocent people were put to death rows is a lot...

Response GalaxyAngel´s post
http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=463864&postcount=51

GalaxyAngel´s post
Sound alike "Eye for an Eye" all their wishes that person must go DEAD (which innocent person as wrongful person..) If that innocent person already dead.. and found that person who is really extremelly accurate... why first place kill that wrong person? Why can't they use "DNA" first before accurate does too far.. ?

Yes, I´m agree that DNA help most to prevent innocent people from death rows or life sentence but DNA test could be error but it´s rare.

Does Germany have system improving better places "DNA" to find match accurate the person.. before put wrong person into the death!

Of course German system is the same as world who use DNA to trace anywhere with no problem. They have DNA here in Germany for long time ago. Like what I explained that DNA test is not alway 100% accurate... See the example about American O.J.Simpson... Did you know about that?

We do not have death penalty here in Germany... but life sentence. I´m glad that German law is not for death penalty.

I felt that people are "eye for an eye" part of murder too.. No Difference...

I do not believe "eletro chair", "lethal" , and other kinds who put in the death row prision.. which it's wrong! Oh well.. ain't my system ... their system...

I understand that prision beds are almost going full rooms but why can't the build proprite beds rooms more.? Or other way, Mircochips inside the body and will find you easy track down where r u went to...
That what, I've heard about condiser the future.. Implant mircochips into the body..

Espically I bet you already knew about Martha Stewart, who wore the tracking bracklet on her leg... which she cannot escape nowhere to hide.. They can find you easily... ain't fun!

:gpost:

Liebling:-))) said:
... Jesus forgive them, not want them deserve to death...
Where did you read that?

... Jesus FORGIVE both thieves before they go heavens.
Where did you read that?

It´s Author who mislead the people to beleive what the word mean is " Thou shall not kill "... I beleive God mean something different than Author thought.
God is the Author of the Bible. God does NOT lie. God is wiser than you and me. God makes the rules.

Oh I see... You don´t have your own opinion but follow author of the bible´s opinion...
Yes, I follow God's Word.

Yes I have read definitoins... To me, lawful executions are also murder, too. I consider them the same... MURDER is MURDER...
Like I said, you can have your opinion but that doesn't change the facts of law.

See the example about O.J. Simpson, etc...
O.J. Simpson? How does that prove your argument? He was acquited of murder. He wasn't executed.

Japanese research found out that DNA error could be rare!
Rare means exactly that--rare! That means DNA errors do NOT happen often.

DNA fingerprinting is not the most accurate way to describe the technique.
What technique?

http://www.mvfr.org/DeathPenaltyFacts.htm
To me, yes 122 innocent people were put to death rows is a lot...
I looked up your link. It stated:

"Since 1973, 122 innocent men and women have been released from death rows in 25 states "

That means the 122 innocent people were NOT executed.

Your link stated:

"Researchers Radelet and Bedau found 23 cases since 1900 where innocent people were executed "

Any loss of innocent life is tragic, of course. But put this into perspective. That is 23 cases in over 100 years. How many of them since the use of DNA? What are the details of the cases?

...We do not have death penalty here in Germany... but life sentence. I´m glad that German law is not for death penalty.[/COLOR]
Except "life sentence" in Germany doesn't mean the prisoner actually stays in prison for the rest of his life.

Reba said:
Where did you read that?

Where did you read that?

Of course Bible...

I´m surprised to know that we have different Bible... All what I know from Bible that Jesus forgive thieves... One thief are good and other theif is no good... One thief said to Jesus that he know that he´s sin but not Jesus but other thief against Jesus. Jesus said to Father... "Please Forgive them, they don´t know what they do".

God is the Author of the Bible. God does NOT lie. God is wiser than you and me. God makes the rules.

Again, please don´t twist my word... Did I say that God is liar? Did I say anything against God? I said none but author of the bible...

I said in my previous post... It´s man or woman who wrote the bibles, not God... They only translate from Scriptures. Author who mislead the people to beleive what the word mean is " Thou shall not kill "... I has the feeling that God mean something different than what Author translate the word from Scriptures.

I do not beleive God and Jesus support death penatly...

Yes, I follow God's Word.

No you are not follow God´s word but the autor of the Bible.

Like I said, you can have your opinion but that doesn't change the facts of law.

It´s not just opinion but my heart and feeling tell me about Jesus and God. I know God and Jesus are not type people who want to kill his people... but forgive their sins.

ButterflyGirl said:
That is a lot to me too.
Please, please, read the sentence again! The 122 people were NOT put to death. They were released (taken out of) death row. They were NOT executed.

Reba said:

"Since 1973, 122 innocent men and women have been released from death rows in 25 states "

I know that. These 122 people were extremely lucky but there were several others who weren't.

Reba said:
Please, please, read the sentence again! The 122 people were NOT put to death. They were released (taken out of) death row. They were NOT executed.
I can read ;)
Do you realize that we will never know how many more innocent people may be sitting in prisons on a death row? What if there are more than these 122 people in prisons?

Reba said:
O.J. Simpson? How does that prove your argument? He was acquited of murder. He wasn't executed.

Please don´t deny my word... You know O.J.Simpson´s case...

Rare means exactly that--rare! That means DNA errors do NOT happen often.

I do not need your correct because I know what "rare" is. I already said in my previous post that DNA is not alway 100% accurate... which it mean is rare...

What technique?

Huh? Never mind...

Your link stated:

"Researchers Radelet and Bedau found 23 cases since 1900 where innocent people were executed "

Any loss of innocent life is tragic, of course. But put this into perspective. That is 23 cases in over 100 years. How many of them since the use of DNA? What are the details of the cases?

All what I see from your post is you deny it... Never mind....

ButterflyGirl said:
I can read ;)
Do you realize that we will never know how many more innocent people may be sitting in prisons on a death row? What if there are more than these 122 people in prisons?
I know that. These 122 people were extremely lucky but there were several others who weren't.

Exactly.

Reba, I would suggest you to search website to find out about innocent people...

Of course Bible...
Which verses?

I´m surprised to know that we have different Bible... All what I know from Bible that Jesus forgive thieves... One thief are good and other theif is no good... One thief said to Jesus that he know that he´s sin but not Jesus but other thief against Jesus.
ONE thief accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior; the OTHER thief mocked Jesus, and did NOT accept Him as Savior. ONE thief went to heaven, the OTHER thief did NOT.

Jesus said to Father... "Please Forgive them, they don´t know what they do".

Jesus was referring to those who were crucifying Him; He was not referring to the two thieves.

Again, please don´t twist my word... Did I say that God is liar?
God said that He is the Author of the Bible. If you deny that God is the Author, then you are calling God a liar.

... It´s man or woman who wrote the bibles, not God... They only translate from Scriptures.
Men's hands wrote down the words that God gave them. The original words come from the Author God. Translators are NOT the Author.

For example, Victor Hugo wrote his books in French. He was the original author, and the original manuscripts were in French. If he dictated his stories to clerks who wrote the words down, Hugo was still the author. Translators took the author's original printed French words and put them into English for me to read, and into German for you to read. Translators are not authors.

... I has the feeling that God mean something different than what Author translate the word from Scriptures.
If you want to know the original meaning you will have to do some research into the original language, or go to someone you trust who can translate the original words for you.

No you are not follow God´s word but the autor of the Bible.
God IS the Author...sigh....

If you don't believe the Holy Bible is God's Word, then where do you find God's Word?

I find it interesting that I am frequently accused of judging other people's spirituality but it is perfectly OK for you to judge whether or not I am following God's Word.

It´s not just opinion but my heart and feeling tell me about Jesus and God...
Feelings can be misleading and undependable. Look at how many women end up with the wrong guys based on their "feelings".

Man's laws and God's Laws are not based on feelings.

ButterflyGirl said:
I can read ;)
"What if" there are not?

Back