Deaf Coffee Frustrations

I can relate to this robin :). When I went to deaf coffee in Wisconsin recently, it was made clear to me and the other attendees, by the organizer, that there was a minimum one drink limit. This was the arrangement made between the organizers and the coffee house upon their first meeting to set up deaf coffee at this location on a regular basis. To meet one time in an establishment is one thing, but if you are a group frequenting any place on a regular basis - a place where their livelihood is based on customer turnover - I think coming to certain agreements with the business owner/manager is not only polite and respectful but also establishes a much smoother, more enjoyable atmostphere for everyone.

I don't think it needs to be a coffee. I think a person would get a roll or cupcake instead of coffee. Maybe even chips or fruit salad and the owner would be happy.

A Deaf coffee I went to once in Missouri had a sign posted that said "If you are here for the Deaf Chat Group, we are requiring that you please buy at least 1 thing off our menu and it will cover your place for as long as you are meeting this evening."

A Deaf coffee I went to once in Missouri had a sign posted that said "If you are here for the Deaf Chat Group, we are requiring that you please buy at least 1 thing off our menu and it will cover your place for as long as you are meeting this evening."

Yep....same here in Jax....

Back