Deaf Coffee Frustrations

Yeah. I see it all the time here too. Not necessarily at a "deaf coffee" but even at restaurants where (even I'm guilty of this!) we sit for hours and play cards. I'm sure management would rather have had the turnover to another paying customer, but we usually only do it at restaurants that are not "full" - no lines/people waiting for our tables.

Right. And in that case the management is in agreement to you staying. If they had needed the table for new customers coming in, I'm sure they would have politely asked you to leave so they could serve the customers who were waiting. The point is, you did not have to ask permission before even entering the place, which is what was suggested should be done for this group of deaf people.

I don't know how asking permission even became an issue. No one was complaining about the deaf gathering. Management didn't have a problem with them being there. The OP was just about one employee that needed sensitivity training based on the way she spoke about a deaf customer.

I'm fairly sure this group has made prior arrangements, as they've been doing it for 10 years.

Yes, that is what this is all about. Ten years ago the establishment gave permission and since then has welcome the group. Prior permission is always the best way to go.

Yes, that is what this is all about. Ten years ago the establishment gave permission and since then has welcome the group. Prior permission is always the best way to go.

Thank you for demonstrating the communication difficulties that occur when someone doesn't pay attention.:laugh2: None of this was ever about the group having permission to be there. It was all in your head.:laugh2:

You bet...some just go for the social and chat...not buying anything....I got an email awhile back about Starbucks (Deaf Coffee Chat),,and he stated that it would be nice...or "please" buy at least 1 coffee or something!....

I can relate to this robin :). When I went to deaf coffee in Wisconsin recently, it was made clear to me and the other attendees, by the organizer, that there was a minimum one drink limit. This was the arrangement made between the organizers and the coffee house upon their first meeting to set up deaf coffee at this location on a regular basis. To meet one time in an establishment is one thing, but if you are a group frequenting any place on a regular basis - a place where their livelihood is based on customer turnover - I think coming to certain agreements with the business owner/manager is not only polite and respectful but also establishes a much smoother, more enjoyable atmostphere for everyone.

The above should just be a matter of curtesy. But this situation did not occur over someone not buying a coffee. In fact, the clerk that was so insensitive even offered him a receipt.

Thank you for demonstrating the communication difficulties that occur when someone doesn't pay attention.:laugh2: None of this was ever about the group having permission to be there. It was all in your head.:laugh2:

As usual, you are wrong. Even the OPoster, joycem, agrees with me (see post #20}.
Possible you are wrong so often because there is nothing upstairs.

As usual, you are wrong. Even the OPoster, joycem, agrees with me (see post #20}.
Possible you are wrong so often because there is nothing upstairs.

You are completely delusional. No one agrees with you.:laugh2: She was pointing out that your suggestion was not even relevant.

As usual, you are wrong. Did you even go back and read the post? I think not. Otherwise you would have realized she was addressing YOU. She was teling YOU that it was not absurd.
I can not be blame for YOUR lack of reading comprehension.

As usual, you are wrong. Did you even go back and read the post? I think not. Otherwise you would have realized she was addressing YOU. She was teling YOU that it was not absurd.

:eek3: Uhhh...

:hmm:

I was just saying that they probably have permission. I have no idea which one of you that supports or whatever. I saw a potential misunderstanding and I tried to clear it up.

:eek3: Uhhh...

:hmm:

I was just saying that they probably have permission. I have no idea which one of you that supports or whatever. I saw a potential misunderstanding and I tried to clear it up.

That would have been me. I said the issue was useless, as they had been going to that location for some time, and therefore would have had implicit permission if not explicit. R7 just loves to try and tell me I'm wrong about everything.:laugh2: You should have seen him in the homosexual threads.:laugh2: I could make a post that says "The grass is green" and he would respond with "As usual, you are wrong!" LOL. He has some issues.

Come to Houston.....the grass and trees are brown everywhere.....as usual you are wrong!

Come to Houston.....the grass and trees are brown everywhere.....as usual you are wrong!

Sounds exactly like California. Well, during the summer, anyways. Okay, the trees are green year-round, but the grass is brown in the summer, and fall.

There is a lot of brown in Houston. That is one of the things you complain about most.:laugh2: Damned Mexicans!:lol:

You are completely delusional. No one agrees with you.:laugh2: She was pointing out that your suggestion was not even relevant.

That would have been me. I said the issue was useless, as they had been going to that location for some time, and therefore would have had implicit permission if not explicit. R7 just loves to try and tell me I'm wrong about everything.:laugh2: You should have seen him in the homosexual threads.:laugh2: I could make a post that says "The grass is green" and he would respond with "As usual, you are wrong!" LOL. He has some issues.
:hmm: That seems like a mutual occupation for both of you! :lol:

:hmm: That seems like a mutual occupation for both of you! :lol:

It would appear that way, Bott!:laugh2: The difference being, I explain where he is wrong. He just says, "As usual, you are wrong." I don't think he even reads the posts. He just sees my avatar, and automatically replies "As usual, you are wrong." LOL

Back