Culture language native

Yes, just keep challanging your mind. It takes a brave person to try hard to learn as you are doing.
True That is reason important I am pretty sound focus on best advise reading study lots of communication to ASL language!

English is a lot more versatile than people realize.

Most people use English in ways that suit their needs. However they tend to feel they "should" speak "grammatically correct" even though they don't.

Prescriptive grammar limits how English can be used and indirectly what can be expressed with English.

Creative grammar -- Both written and spoken -- Which could raise English to an art form:

- - - Is discouraged - - - Frowned upon - - - :
--- Actively attacked in the school system ---

And very seldom experimented with.

But it is funner than hecka.

Try it.

As for Jillio's "clueless comment" re Linux Gold posting- there ISN'T ANY IN THIS THREAD. Unless, invisible utilized. Seems to be on the topic of "native language".

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

As for Jillio's "clueless comment" re Linux Gold posting- there ISN'T ANY IN THIS THREAD. Unless, invisible utilized. Seems to be on the topic of "native language".

Jillio mentioned you posted in Linux's ASL thread. You did. (She did not say it was THIS thread.)

Here is the link to that thread:

http://www.alldeaf.com/sign-language-oralism/76940-asl-only.html

The point of that thread is to post in ASL only. You didn't. You wrote in English, not ASL. That's what she was trying to say, and she's right.

Jillio mentioned you posted in Linux's ASL thread. You did. (She did not say it was THIS thread.)

Here is the link to that thread:

http://www.alldeaf.com/sign-language-oralism/76940-asl-only.html

The point of that thread is to post in ASL only. You didn't. You wrote in English, not ASL. That's what she was trying to say, and she's right.

Here's the post in case you need your memory refreshed, DrPhil.

I am under the impression that you have disdain for the whole deaf culture thing. This forum may not be for you if that's the case. You would be better suited to forums like the Hearing loss Association of America if that's the case. :wave:

I haven't memorized every different thread though what I said is correct. I know there is another thread heading ASL only. To me not exactly the same thing as a discussion of "native language" unless meanings have been "altered".

Being bilateral deaf/having a cochlear Implant seems to fit this forum-correct?

Travis always has projects going. Travis is my hero! :D

carry on and Cheers to Bottesini

Travis, you are awesome and inspiring.

Your ASL is absolutely amazing. You are so graceful. Your language skills are so good, not only do you communicate with ASL now and ESL in the past, but English as well?? Wow. I remember that you and I had a nice but short session (was it on Skype?) and I was wowed by your beautiful ASL. You also told me that I was slow. True that!

Keep inspiring us and thanks for being patient with us too. :)

Repeat: Cheers to Bottesini for sage advice.

There is in this forum, duh. Do you understand the difference bewtee "thread" and "forum"?

I haven't memorized every different thread though what I said is correct. I know there is another thread heading ASL only. To me not exactly the same thing as a discussion of "native language" unless meanings have been "altered".

Being bilateral deaf/having a cochlear Implant seems to fit this forum-correct?

Then it is you are are absolutely INcorrect. I stated you posted in Linux's thread. There is such a thread, and you did post in it. Your mistake was made when you failed to differentiate between a "thread" a "forum" and a "post". So much for your comprehension of English. I have never seen Travis make such a silly mistake.:cool2:

Travis, you are awesome and inspiring.

Your ASL is absolutely amazing. You are so graceful. Your language skills are so good, not only do you communicate with ASL now and ESL in the past, but English as well?? Wow. I remember that you and I had a nice but short session (was it on Skype?) and I was wowed by your beautiful ASL. You also told me that I was slow. True that!

Keep inspiring us and thanks for being patient with us too. :)

that is true! I do wish be you! I can best language good skills fast I am very communication! I know you! :D thumb up you happy me! I am wonderful good improve communication to impressive skillls lots of enjoy fun I love ASL communication and I can speak sometimes bit oral half I can bit lipreading and full ASL I need to research lots of study community good idea volunteer sound! I consider, I think update put on my blog good idea I think so good idea! I am awesome :D

Interesting juxtaposing of terminology. Another ride on merry-go-round.

Travis, I think your English skills are improving. It would be a good idea to volunteer maybe? Perhaps if you teach a friend ASL, they can help with your English too? Just an idea. It is obvious that you are trying very hard and that you are improving. Thumb up!

Ongoing discussion on one's native language which presumably one's parents taught-involuntarily?. Useful exercise to learn various others which this world has to offer?

Ongoing discussion on one's native language which presumably one's parents taught-involuntarily?. Useful exercise to learn various others which this world has to offer?

If you can't access your parents language, and nobody helps you get another language early, you don't really have a native language.

Everything is your second language, learned too late.

Botttesini: I agree if a baby doesn't " learn/absorb/integrate" it's parent language- it will be have an ongoing problem. Presumably the parents "might realize something is wrong". What to do specifically is the immediate problem.

Part of being a parent-at least from my experience with 2 sons.

Hope the weather is cooling down for you in the Rocking Chair and your herd of hounds relaxing in the shade. Prof SKY censoring this computer-sends them a cool meow.

Back