Cruise ship runs aground off Italy, 3 dead

Yea, I heard they found 8 more bodies includin 5 year old girl. I was stunned and saddened...made me sick in my stomach..Im glad they found her so she can rip.

Very sad, especially about the little girl. :(

update news

Concordia captain couldn't see radar 'because he wasn't wearing his glasses': Court hears damning claims of doomed cruise ship's first officer
Captain coward wasn¿t wearing his glasses on the night Costa Concordia sank, and he 'couldn't see properly' | Mail Online

Costa Concordia pianist : 'When we hit the rock, 4,000 people screamed'
Costa Concordia pianist : 'When we hit the rock, 4,000 people screamed' - Telegraph

Judge Adjourns Costa Concordia Hearing
Costa Concordia: Preliminary Court Hearing Under Way In Grosseto, Italy | World News | Sky News

Judge bars consumer, environmental groups in Italian cruise ship inquiry
Judge bars consumer, environmental groups in Italian cruise ship inquiry - CNN.com

Court will return this summer July 21

we will kept this story update if he gulity!

it would be disastrous if a few cables snapped off :Ohno:

Wait and see, so far there has no failure. I think it is at peak point where it is about ready to trip into desired position. There may be some big waves going on. Wait n see.

it would be disastrous if a few cables snapped off :Ohno:

It appears right now they are pausing and doing maintenance work to make sure everything is in order as expected, perhaps pumping water out of ship and inspect all cables for any fatigues before resume the work.

Yeah, probably another year before this project is complete.

Just re-read, looks like never going to repair that ship. The intention of this phase is to stabilize the ship before they are being towing away, this phase should complete within several hours.

Yeah, probably another year before this project is complete.

Just re-read, looks like never going to repair that ship. The intention of this phase is to stabilize the ship before they are being towing away, this phase should complete within several hours.

Nah, never said it was to be repaired' in fact, to will be torn apart after it gets towed to a port. But first they have to make repairs to the starboard side to get it ready to be towed. THEN they have to wait until after winter to tow it to a port. So it is going to be a long time before it moves. This particular parbuckling(as they call it) is unprecendented; and therefore, highly risky. Then it will take years for the local waters return to pristine condition. Nothing is for sure yet.....

The thumb rule of marine insurance is:

If the ship engine is damaged above the repairs, she must be scrapped.

Last edited:
Yes there was, about an hour and half ago resume. I read it and let me pull this up for you.

BTW, I was monitoring this site live for the last few hours, and that how I know they took an hour suspension. There was period of an hour that ship has not moved. Finally they resume and noticing moving at snail paced. Looks like going to upright within couple hours. And I predict a success.

Here is what I found

Parbuckling Project @InfoParbuckling
Titan Micoperi announced that strandjack operations were suspended for 1h for maintenance work. #Parbuckling operations have now resumed.

There is no break for maintenance as the project must be ongoing.

Last edited:
Back