Cruise ship runs aground off Italy, 3 dead

Just found the picture of Costa concordia ship before the accident. True business two severe and huge dents on side of ship. I think Engineers are right about total loss.

At this time, ship appears to have past the tipping point and they are taking it slowly. I see back of ship sink a bit lower than front.

Exclusives news updates

Upright! Costa Concordia is raised from the seabed in £500million salvage operation (but there's still no sign of the two missing bodies)
Costa Concordia: Cruise liner pulled upright after lengthy £500m operation to raise stricken liner off coast of Italy | Mail Online

Costa Concordia salvage: ship declared 'vertical' after 19 hours
Costa Concordia salvage: ship declared 'vertical' after 19 hours - Telegraph

Costa Concordia Salvage Operation Completed
Costa Concordia Salvage Operation Completed

Costa Concordia pulled completely upright off Italy
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57603206/costa-concordia-pulled-completely-upright-off-italy/

Delicate task of moving Costa Concordia cruise ship begins
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_1...of-moving-costa-concordia-cruise-ship-begins/

Costa Concordia freed from reef, engineers say
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57603046/costa-concordia-freed-from-reef-engineers-say/

we will kept update this news from Italy

Just found the picture of Costa concordia ship before the accident. True business two severe and huge dents on side of ship. I think Engineers are right about total loss.

At this time, ship appears to have past the tipping point and they are taking it slowly. I see back of ship sink a bit lower than front.

They have known it was a total loss soon after she ran aground over a year ago.

The ship probably have a foul stench down below with the reef and also the bodies might still be inside. There's no way they will repair the ship back to seaworthy. Chances that customers won't board that ship again. Ship has run it's life and is going to be melted to a new metal for brand new ship or whichever they going to build with the new metal.

Not likely going to recycle. What they do is clean out all stuff inside to the point its environmentally safe just to blow it up and sink the ship somewhere else. Its too expensive to recycle ship this size. I'm speaking of cost of labor and equipment to cut it up is too expensive and no one is willing to pay for it.

Ship has run it's life and is going to be melted to a new metal for brand new ship or whichever they going to build with the new metal.

Not likely going to recycle. What they do is clean out all stuff inside to the point its environmentally safe just to blow it up and sink. Its too expensive to recycle ship this size.

not really. we recycled WTC and used some parts for aircraft carrier.

but if people are superstitious - they'll probably junk it.

Doesn't look like they may tow the ship out to sea further away to sink it because of the hole in the bottom and the shape it is in. It's probably best to cut it up for scrap... more safer that way than taking it out to sea to sink.

We also scrap the destroyers, aircraft carriers, submarines at the dry dock. It's still possible to recycle them. They don't sink every one of those ships for reef purposes. Some do end up scrapped.

Not likely going to recycle. What they do is clean out all stuff inside to the point its environmentally safe just to blow it up and sink the ship somewhere else. Its too expensive to recycle ship this size. I'm speaking of cost of labor and equipment to cut it up is too expensive and no one is willing to pay for it.

By the way, the article said that they plan to broke the ship up for scrap... so they are not going to sink it for reef.

She will be scrapped.

Oh the metals, glass, plastic and other materials are easily recyclable.

97 percent of the south side decks of football stadium near my home is recycled. All concrete materials from the decks became road on highway. Cool eh?

By the way, the article said that they plan to broke the ship up for scrap... so they are not going to sink it for reef.

yes because of noxious materials which are dangerously toxic to marine ecology so blowing her up is not the best answer.

They will clean her up and inspect thru the ship thoroughly.

Back