Cruise ship runs aground off Italy, 3 dead

Wow, thank you for that.....I'd momentarily forgotten that you are from Italy.

Well, people here is only talking about this now. It's a really really dark age of my poor country, you know.

I live in a sea town too... But in the north. We have big boats coming in sometimes, but no isles here, so we don't have this kind of worry. :hmm:

Exclusive update news

Costa Concordia disaster: Cruise firm faces US lawsuit
BBC News - Costa Concordia disaster: Cruise firm faces US lawsuit

Captain Coward had his eye on English dancer: After claims he was distracted by a woman on the bridge, passengers and crew reveal Casanova antics of crash skipper
Costa Concordia: Captain Coward had his eye on English dancer | Mail Online

Costa Concordia: cruise ship captain 'cried like a baby'
Costa Concordia: cruise ship captain 'cried like a baby' - Telegraph

Fears Grow Cruise Ship Could Sink To Sea Bed
Costa Concordia: Salvage Crews Race To Secure Cruise Ship As Search Is Suspended Again From Weather | World News | Sky News

Woman Claims Ship's Captain Did 'Great Thing'
Costa Concordia: Cruise Ship's Captain Defended By Woman As New Claims He Ordered Dinner After Crash | World News | Sky News

Concordia crew: 'Go back to cabins'
Costa Concordia news: Crew told passengers: 'Go back to your cabins' | The Sun |News

Cruise search resumes above water after shifting
Cruise search resumes above water after shifting - CBS News

Cruise company CEO: Captain misled crew, us
Cruise company CEO: Captain misled crew, us - CBS News

i would says Captain is 1,000 coward! and unfitted as jobs! I would agreed with posts

Exclusive update news

Costa Concordia disaster: Woman's body found on board
BBC News - Costa Concordia disaster: Woman's body found on board

Concordia death toll up to 12 after divers find woman's body... as claims emerge Casanova captain's 'dining companion' was on the first lifeboat off after ship hit rocks
Costa Concordia: 'Francesco Schettino "dining companion" Domnica Cemortan was in first lifeboat' | Mail Online

Costa Concordia: 'insulting' cruise offer to survivors
Costa Concordia: 'insulting' cruise offer to survivors - Telegraph

Twelfth Body Found As Captain Admits Mistake
Costa Concordia: Capt Francesco Schettino Admits 'I Messed Up' As Body Of Woman Is Found | World News | Sky News

I can imagine this ship would be a hot target for pillagers

This doesn't look right..................................

155470_10151176265145456_847445455_22636415_1863091871_n.jpg

Exclusives update news

Wife of Italian Cruise Captain Calls Treatment of Husband 'Shameful'
Wife of Italian Cruise Captain Calls Treatment of Husband 'Shameful' - Yahoo!

Cruise ship captain admits 'mistake' in deposition
Official: Would take miracle for cruise survivors - CBS News

we will kept that story update
Cruise ship captain admits 'mistake' in deposition - CNN.com

Official: Would take miracle for cruise survivors
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162...-take-miracle-for-cruise-survivors/?tag=stack

we will post that story later

hey guys, just a personal opinion on this- I work on a cruise ship, and watching this all happening live on CNN as we were sailing was extremely frightening and sad. We were all shocked and devastated by what happened, not to mention suddenly being the centre of attention among passengers about safety and "what did they do wrong". I don't want to take away from the tragedy or the severity of what went wrong, but try to take some of these stories with a grain of salt- the captain failed to alert not only the passengers, but ALSO the crew members to the extent of the problem, so who's to say that the crew "didn't do what they were supposed to do" in the rescue attempts? We are taught to respond to signals indicating that something is happening and to prepare- obviously those signals were not given, or were given too late in the game to be able to properly respond. The lack of a safety drill is also a huge problem, so passengers don't necessarily feel confident in the abilities of the crew because they haven't seen them demonstrate their knowledge. It may sound stupid but it really does make a difference. We complete our demonstrations before the ship leaves the port, every single time. All in all, I think the crew (for the most part) should be commended on the aid that they were able to provide. They did help to save a lot of people in horrifying conditions, in some cases putting themselves in greater danger to do so. I love my job and hope that I would be able to do the same if ever put into a situation like that.

hey guys, just a personal opinion on this- I work on a cruise ship, and watching this all happening live on CNN as we were sailing was extremely frightening and sad. We were all shocked and devastated by what happened, not to mention suddenly being the centre of attention among passengers about safety and "what did they do wrong". I don't want to take away from the tragedy or the severity of what went wrong, but try to take some of these stories with a grain of salt- the captain failed to alert not only the passengers, but ALSO the crew members to the extent of the problem, so who's to say that the crew "didn't do what they were supposed to do" in the rescue attempts? We are taught to respond to signals indicating that something is happening and to prepare- obviously those signals were not given, or were given too late in the game to be able to properly respond. The lack of a safety drill is also a huge problem, so passengers don't necessarily feel confident in the abilities of the crew because they haven't seen them demonstrate their knowledge. It may sound stupid but it really does make a difference. We complete our demonstrations before the ship leaves the port, every single time. All in all, I think the crew (for the most part) should be commended on the aid that they were able to provide. They did help to save a lot of people in horrifying conditions, in some cases putting themselves in greater danger to do so. I love my job and hope that I would be able to do the same if ever put into a situation like that.

When the lights when out after the crash the passengers where told by a crew personal it was only a 'blackout' and not to worry and to go to their cabins. I feel this made things worst as people lost very valuable time getting off the ship that was sinking .

I agree, it made it worse. However, that was all the crew knew at that time too- the captain did not sound any alarms or alert the crew that something was that wrong. We have some crazy weather and movement on the ship all the time, and we've had power outages so it's very possible they didn't realize how bad things were until it was too late. I agree with one of the earlier posts though, carrying a flashlight is a great idea. At our most recent drill, all the crew members were advised to pick one up if they didn't already have one (I have 2). Such a little thing that can make a big difference!

Can you believe they lived only 20 mins from me. And they were the only Americans missing.

Exclusives news update

Costa Concordia: Moldovan woman 'on bridge with Captain'
BBC News - Costa Concordia: Moldovan woman 'on bridge with Captain'

Blonde Concordia rep's underwear discovered in suitcase recovered from Captain Coward's room
Costa Concordia: Cruise ship rep Domnica Cemortan tells prosecutors she 'was in love' with Captain Coward | Mail Online

Costa Concordia: 'clothing and lingerie of Moldovan dancer found in Captain Schettino's cabin'
Costa Concordia: 'clothing and lingerie of Moldovan dancer found in Captain Schettino's cabin' - Telegraph

Exclusives news update

Costa Concordia: Moldovan woman 'on bridge with Captain'
BBC News - Costa Concordia: Moldovan woman 'on bridge with Captain'

Blonde Concordia rep's underwear discovered in suitcase recovered from Captain Coward's room
Costa Concordia: Cruise ship rep Domnica Cemortan tells prosecutors she 'was in love' with Captain Coward | Mail Online

Costa Concordia: 'clothing and lingerie of Moldovan dancer found in Captain Schettino's cabin'
Costa Concordia: 'clothing and lingerie of Moldovan dancer found in Captain Schettino's cabin' - Telegraph

:naughty:

Back