considering getting CI?

Will you consider getting CI?

• Total voters
Liebling:-))) said:
No, handicaps are not diease.

HIV/AID e.g. are diease.

No, what Defee meant is that deafness is usually associated with diseases, injuries, birth defects, etc, etc.

There are diseases that mothers can carry while pregnant resulting in deafness. There are diseases where adults can suffer and become deaf from it.

Banjo said:
No, what Defee meant is that deafness is usually associated with diseases, injuries, birth defects, etc, etc.

There are diseases that mothers can carry while pregnant resulting in deafness. There are diseases where adults can suffer and become deaf from it.
You are exactly right! Banjo
Liebling...I didnt say handicap is a disease but it can be caused by disease.. I was born deaf due to Rubella which is a disease..my best friend, who was born hearing but she lost her hearing at age of 3 due to high fever from Whooping cough, thats another disease.

Sorry I misread your post, Defee :Oops:

Yes, I was also born deaf due to Rubella, too when my mother was 3 months pregnant with me.

Liebling:-))) said:
Sorry I misread your post, Defee :Oops:

Yes, I was also born deaf due to Rubella, too when my mother was 3 months pregnant with me.
Oh thats ok, sweetie...i do the same thing if i dont read carefully heh..so dont feel bad. Have a good day!

God's creation....

Defee said:
Yes but God DID NOT make us deaf, blind, deformed or whatever handicaps we were bestowed with, it was disease, injury etc that caused our handicaps.
Remember, in the Bible, we were born sinners because of what Adam and Eve did, they disobeyed the Lord so therefore we have to suffer the consequences of thier sins. You are right that God created us for what we are and He knows our fates on Earth.
Sorry to be off topic...

Im speaking of matter of fact...for what you mentioned..I already know...but Im pointing God's plan for us. For example, one person who is good friend of mine who have AIDS, he is devoted Christian...he quoted to me "I had to live with AIDS...but I knew God used me to show grace and love toward others who have similar experience as I am in this position right now to realize the God's glory" It impacted me big time...he dont dis or blame on God for causing AIDS...it is earth this carry full of sin and darkness...he chose to do wrong things result in AIDS before he became Christian. People who choose to do CI is their decision not mine...I have respect for them but I told them...no way I will let it happen to me...I am pride who I am.. :)

BigSpike said:
Im speaking of matter of fact...for what you mentioned..I already know...but Im pointing God's plan for us. For example, one person who is good friend of mine who have AIDS, he is devoted Christian...he quoted to me "I had to live with AIDS...but I knew God used me to show grace and love toward others who have similar experience as I am in this position right now to realize the God's glory" It impacted me big time...he dont dis or blame on God for causing AIDS...it is earth this carry full of sin and darkness...he chose to do wrong things result in AIDS before he became Christian. People who choose to do CI is their decision not mine...I have respect for them but I told them...no way I will let it happen to me...I am pride who I am.. :)

Yes u right and i understand! Its the sins of people that causes sickness,diseases etc. not God.
What about people who have artifical legs, arms etc, have transplants, have donated eyes, kidneys, lungs etc? same thing with CIs in order to hear. I dont believe in donated organs or anything that is foreign to my body..God created us and we have to suffer anything that happens to us like our deafness for example. Have you noticed that people who have donated hearts dont live very long? thats because they have foreign matter in their bodies..in my opinion. I dont think God approves of that. So if i have diseased kidneys, went blind or whatever happens to me, then i will live with it as it is my fate and maybe my time to die..i rather die naturally than have some foreign organ in me..thats my opinion. I have lived with my deafness all my life and it is just part of me and i accepted it. I know i will hear when i go to heaven so i will know what it is like to be hearing.
Im sorry abut your friend having AIDS but he has accepted it as it is his fate on Earth..He will be cured when he goes to Heaven! On Earth, we all have to suffer for our sins is all.
I dont condemn anybody who gets CIs at all, it is their decision and i respect that. I dont want one for myself because i have been deaf all my life and im used to it as it is part of my life. Please dont flame me for this as it is my own opinion, ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
Defee said:
Yes u right and i understand! Its the sins of people that causes sickness,diseases etc. not God.
What about people who have artifical legs, arms etc, have transplants, have donated eyes, kidneys, lungs etc? same thing with CIs in order to hear. I dont believe in donated organs or anything that is foreign to my body..God created us and we have to suffer anything that happens to us like our deafness for example. Have you noticed that people who have donated hearts dont live very long? thats because they have foreign matter in their bodies..in my opinion. I dont think God approves of that. So if i have diseased kidneys, went blind or whatever happens to me, then i will live with it as it is my fate and maybe my time to die..i rather die naturally than have some foreign organ in me..thats my opinion. I have lived with my deafness all my life and it is just part of me and i accepted it. I know i will hear when i go to heaven so i will know what it is like to be hearing.
Im sorry abut your friend having AIDS but he has accepted it as it is his fate on Earth..He will be cured when he goes to Heaven! On Earth, we all have to suffer for our sins is all.
I dont condemn anybody who gets CIs at all, it is their decision and i respect that. I dont want one for myself because i have been deaf all my life and im used to it as it is part of my life. Please dont flame me for this as it is my own opinion, ok?

:) I am not gonna flame on you, you have every right to speak out what you believe from your own perspective and it is nothing wrong...for body transplant...yea it is hard to say...yes I agree with you this I dont condemn anyone who was CIed...it is their fate and decision...I did spoke with some people who have CI'ed complain of some side effect. Let God take care of it...it is not our job to condemn or judge anyone...God owns the earth and he will judge based on our accounts what we did on earth smile.

that deafness is usually associated with diseases, injuries, birth defects, etc, etc.
I think that's wicked sad. I am a disabilty rights activtist and there is one promenient dis rights activtist who argues that disabilty should not be considered a "health issue". Someone with a disabilty can be just as healthy as someone without a disabilty!
Its the sins of people that causes sickness,diseases etc. not God.
Anyone remmy that guy who said something a few years ago about God punishing people with disabilties for the sins of their past life?
I have a chromosome disorder. NOBODY knows how they are caused. They aren't caused by sicknesses, diseases etc. Besides, how do we know that disabilties are directly caused by sicknesses, diseases etc? How do we know that disabilties aren't a form of adaptation? Like the way sickle cell disease is a manifesation of the body trying to adapt to malaria or the way cystic fibrosis is a manifesation of the body trying to protect itself from cholera.

but deafdyke...my deafness was CAUSED by disease that my mother contracted when she was pregnant..this disease is called rubella.
And maybe some disabilities may not be caused by diseases but by genetic
disorders, injuries..my ex husband's deafness was caused by birth injury.
Of course people with disabilities can be healthy as ones without disabilities.
Your chromosome disorder could be genetic too not by disease.

Forgive me if I'm going offtopic here but I wanted to say this, Defee is correct and everything she said is true, I became deaf cause of an illness, so not everyone was born that way , some may cause by an illness or disease....

Remember just because it doesn't happen to you but it does happen to others as well.....

I agree with BigSpike post too! :)

Back