Cat Litter

What Type/Brand of Cat Litter do you use?

• Total voters
Heath said:
When I am married then both my dog and cat will go outside to lift their legs or curl up their tail while they lower themselves to take a dump then here is a $5.00 shovel from the local hardware store and a bucket with an airtight lid that is $3.00 then 100 rolls of garbage bags that cost $2.00 and I have saved money on Tidy cat bags that are crazy and cost $8.00 to $12.00 and not to mention when the cat takes a dump, it kicks up a small storm of dust and then the stench is horrible throughout the house. You can get very sick from breathing cat or dog feces. I will only have to pay $2.00 about every 2 or 3 month for the garbage bags and it is a whole alots healthy for everybody concerned :) :thumb:

What you did is harm environmentally friendly. I don't like to have pet's business in my garden... :barf: I will get you to pick your pet's business up in my garden if I see your pets in my garden... :whistle:

It is very important to keep the litter clean every other day to prevent infection urine for the cat. They lick their paws with full of poops and urine. It causes the cat become very sick.

You can't negelect the cats !

Kalista said:
It is very important to keep the litter clean every other day to prevent infection urine for the cat. They lick their paws with full of poops and urine. It causes the cat become very sick.

You can't negelect the cats !

That's right!

sillycat said:
I used to buy Johnny kitty litter but got tired of cleaning out kitty litter box every 2 weeks. So now I buy Scoop from Trader Joes stores which are crystals that are good up to 3-4 weeks. I am a personal maid to one kitty :Owned:
I think what sillycat is saying is that she empties out her litter box every 2 weeks. I am sure she scoops out the feces and urine everyday though. Am I right, sillycat?

What will you do with the cat's BM, not the litter clumps. Throw cat's BM in a plastic bag? or throw it in the toilet?

Store brand litter.

My cat goes outside with the dogs. She rarely uses the litter box. I think my cat thinks she is a chihuahua. :giggle:

We use PetSmart brand litter.

Just dump out the clumps of pee/poo in the toilet and flush.

We clean the litter boxes every day. There's two boxes because normally if you have two cats, you should have two otherwise you'll have problems with one cat doing their business and the other cat holding their bladder/bowels.

Vote Other!!!

Whatever any brand name of cat litter box on sale! :)

Now I do not need buying it because I am owner cat-less.

my vote scoop litter but i do like tidy cats litters because i look at stores have brand of purnia what vet says purnia its good for litter or foods im tell you.

Lucia, you may be able to get the store to order Arm and Hammer litter if you tell them.

When I'm ready to get cat, I'll train it to use toilet instead litter.

For right now, I use A & H b4 that had SA, but lately I haven't tried other brands.

As British, I use Catsan cat litter, approx 7 pounds for 15kg bag. As she doesn't use it often as she's trained to piss/poop outside, I clean full box weekly, she got the igloo type cat litter, since we haven't got Flap door so the litter is here just in case. Also she's 14 years old and had cystits most of her life so it's important for her to have litter in the house in case she needs it urgently.

Lucia, you may be able to get the store to order Arm and Hammer litter if you tell them.

Actually, Walmart just started carrying Arm and Hammer about a month ago! But I saw the price and I was :shock: and said forget it! So I buy Special Kitty and I scoop out the shit every time one of the cats takes a shit. I also check and scoop the shit out of the litter box at least 3 times a day if I haven't noticed my cats taking a shit. I can make a box of Special Kitty cat litter last two weeks using Baking Soda every time I scoop the litter, I sprinkle the Baking Soda on the litter and mix it in. I swear by the stuff!

We use PetSmart brand litter.

Just dump out the clumps of pee/poo in the toilet and flush.

We clean the litter boxes every day. There's two boxes because normally if you have two cats, you should have two otherwise you'll have problems with one cat doing their business and the other cat holding their bladder/bowels.

Me, too. I always dump my two cats' BM (as poops) in the toilet, without any problem and also, I don't have any problems with my two cats when they go their business because they are getting along very well.

Back