Cat Litter

What Type/Brand of Cat Litter do you use?

• Total voters

LuciaDisturbed

Reaction score
What type/brand of cat litter do you use?

I use Tidy Cat for Multiple Cats.

It's been several years since i had a cat, but when I did, i believe we used Arm and Hammer cat litter.

If we were to train our cats/kittys to 'do it' outside like dogs do, then we wouldn't need to use Tidy Cat. :D

Oceanbreeze said:
It's been several years since i had a cat, but when I did, i believe we used Arm and Hammer cat litter.

I miss that brand. That was what I always used when I lived in Wisconsin, but when I moved to MN they didn't have any. Texas doesn't have that brand, either.

I live in FL. I guess what state you live in determines the type of cat litter each store in that state carries?

I didn't know that. I just thought my parents bought what was the cheapest on hand? :lol:

My best friend used Tidy cat with crystals. She found 18 dollars for 2 months at Target. She told me she put half of bag each month. It worked great for her. I haven't had a cat in long time. I don't remember which brand I've used.

Simple Cat litter (canada) Reasonable prices... come w/Arm and Hammer sprikle on the top... Every 2nd days cleaning the cat litter.. :)

I used to buy Johnny kitty litter but got tired of cleaning out kitty litter box every 2 weeks. So now I buy Scoop from Trader Joes stores which are crystals that are good up to 3-4 weeks. I am a personal maid to one kitty :Owned:

sillycat said:
I used to buy Johnny kitty litter but got tired of cleaning out kitty litter box every 2 weeks. So now I buy Scoop from Trader Joes stores which are crystals that are good up to 3-4 weeks. I am a personal maid to one kitty :Owned:

Every 2 weeks? :hyper:

I change my litter 2-3 times a week.

When I am married then both my dog and cat will go outside to lift their legs or curl up their tail while they lower themselves to take a dump then here is a $5.00 shovel from the local hardware store and a bucket with an airtight lid that is $3.00 then 100 rolls of garbage bags that cost $2.00 and I have saved money on Tidy cat bags that are crazy and cost $8.00 to $12.00 and not to mention when the cat takes a dump, it kicks up a small storm of dust and then the stench is horrible throughout the house. You can get very sick from breathing cat or dog feces. I will only have to pay $2.00 about every 2 or 3 month for the garbage bags and it is a whole alots healthy for everybody concerned :) :thumb:

Heath said:
When I am married then both my dog and cat will go outside to lift their legs or curl up their tail while they lower themselves to take a dump then here is a $5.00 shovel from the local hardware store and a bucket with an airtight lid that is $3.00 then 100 rolls of garbage bags that cost $2.00 and I have saved money on Tidy cat bags that are crazy and cost $8.00 to $12.00 and not to mention when the cat takes a dump, it kicks up a small storm of dust and then the stench is horrible throughout the house. You can get very sick from breathing cat or dog feces. I will only have to pay $2.00 about every 2 or 3 month for the garbage bags and it is a whole alots healthy for everybody concerned :) :thumb:

Tidy Cat isn't that expensive.

It's about $4 for a big bag of cat litter from Tidy Cat.

And I use cheap trash bags to dump the dirty cat litter in, and then toss it out in the dumpster. Cheap trash bags from dollar store is $1 for 30 bags.

I do not put any plastic trash bag in the cat litter box at all because my cats scratch it all up and then there are holes. So I don't bother.

So...only about $5 total for about 2 weeks. :)

And my apartment doesn't smell at all.

My cats were indoor/outdoor for a couple of years and it was much easier to take care of them when they can take a dump outside. Dont have to buy kitty litter or anything--save a little $$. I kept them inside at nites and they never pooped all nite becuz they know they will be let out early in am. But did have a problem with boy kitty who keep spaying :ugh3: He was fixed but still stubborn kitty :mad:

sillycat said:
Gee Eeew... all piled up in the litterbox after 2 weeks! I usually cleaned every 2 to 3 days ..

I clean the litterbox every other day... i have two cats..both were declawed and spayed and neutered... it is simple...

SxyPorkie

Dino65 said:
Gee Eeew... all piled up in the litterbox after 2 weeks! I usually cleaned every 2 to 3 days ..
My thoughts exactly. ::holds nose::

I wouldn't be surprised if the cat started shitting on the carpet because the litterbox is too dirty...

i use special kitty from walmart. i have two litter boxes because of 4 cats, so we clean it every other day or daily depending how much the cat goes. I have two extremely fussy cats, one won't use the litter box if she thinks it is full and will pee all over the house even if there is barely anything, another will actually poop in another location if the litterbox is full, so it forces us to clean it more often lol.

darkangel8603 said:
i use special kitty from walmart. i have two litter boxes because of 4 cats, so we clean it every other day or daily depending how much the cat goes. I have two extremely fussy cats, one won't use the litter box if she thinks it is full and will pee all over the house even if there is barely anything, another will actually poop in another location if the litterbox is full, so it forces us to clean it more often lol.

Oh yikes!

I know it is hard to clean up the piss...how do you do it? :hyper:

I used to have 2 litter boxes for 3 cats but now in my new place I have no place to put my 2nd litter box because of how my place is laid out. The only perfect place to put the litterbox is in a open closet under the hot water heater. So now I have just one and I clean it more often than I did with 2 boxes.

I know some people have told me to put 2nd box in the kitchen, but ew. I don't wanna smell it when one of the cats takes a shit while I am cooking. Ew.

i use a different brand of Tidy Cat.. mostly of you see the blue and red.. I get green one.. it's much better than tidy cat red and blue. I mixed them with tidy cat's crystal.. its help alot not affect a strong odor.. Fly Free and I scooping everyday and change whole litter 2 weeks.

I vote "Other" because I don't have brand of cat litter in poll list here in Germany.

We use environmentally friendly cat litter and have 2 covered cat litter pan in basement for 4 cats. We clean cat litter everyday.

Don't give milk to cats to drink because of smelly... I mix milk with water for them - less or no smell in basement. The cats have own room to play, big scratch post, toys, kitchen roll, etc.

Back