Can't do online ordering through Pizza Hut's website

GraysonPeddie

Eye/Hear/Speech Impaired
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi. I once tried to contact Pizza Hut via e-mail concerning my home address, but I didn't get any response.

When I log in to online ordering, "Carry Out" is only available through online ordering. But when I had my dad call Pizza Hut in my area, they can do delivery, which disappointed me, because I'm visual/hearing impared and I'm living on my own.

To be very honest, I did not abuse the online ordering system and I have ordered pizza from Pizza Hut first week of Friday of every month (Friday is my favorite day and I had Dejornos (can't remember the spelling) Supreme Pizza every Friday except when I order a stuffed crust pizza (Mmm...I love it) from Pizza Hut and custom order my own.

I don't like having to use a relay service, as I like to think through before I'm ready to order a pizza and get different prices depending on how I select. I mean, I don't want to waste my time ordering a pizza or Tuscani Pasta over the phone with my dad or through a relay service! :( When my dad asked me to spell Tuscani Pasta and Meaty Marinara, I had to fumble through Pizza Hut's website to get out of my online ordering (clicking in Menu through online ordering just wasted my time looking through what's there, so clicking on the logo and visiting the menu section helps me find Tuscani Pasta a lot faster.

Anyway, it's not that I'm in a hurry, but what I'm trying to say is, my experience with online ordering results on a disappointment. I just got frustrated.

EDIT: Dad told me that Pizza Hut is having problems with the Internet service...

Grayson, its possible that Pizza Hut has encountered abuse of the online system. I know many businesses etc won't take relay calls b/c they think that they are just scams.

just do old fashion way: walk in and order it then wait... lalala.. then pizza is fresh, bring home and chomp it.

But I can't drive! And how am I suppose to call a cab service in Tallahassee if services don't accept relay calls?

I just switched from Alltel (my mom's contract is up) to AT&T and got myself a prepaid (Pick Your Plan) GoPhone. I don't want to use up a couple of minutes of having trouble with a conversation over the phone.

Plus, I'd rather eat pizza and watch a movie at home.

*sigh* It'd be nice to be able to live in a city where cars are banished within the visual impaired-friendly city where there're no streets everywhere but "overpass transits" just like cars travel through an overpass. :(

then go for nearest pizza place.. Round table? Broncos Billy (oops, its in my local, my bad), Domino's? Mountain Mike's?

i heart ROUND TABLE.

Grayson - sorry to hear about your experience but most pizza online ordering services are usually available in metro-area and college area. You won't find it in local/suburb town.

I asked my friend who runs restaurant business about it and he said that majority of customers prefer to pick up their food - mind you I used to live in $$$$$ suburb area so my assumption was that "everybody orders.... cuz we're rich enough to afford so but cheap enough to tip :o"

I suppose it's the demographic stuff that matters. They contract service for online ordering system so I suppose it's not worth the expense in area where demands are only high on weekends. There are online ordering for many services in NYC and Virginia Tech and Rutgers University (NJ) - demands are nearly everyday.

Coincidentally, my friend and I are working on online ordering service that is very practical and affordable enough for local businesses in suburb area. we're about 10% completed. It'll probably take another month to finish it. So stay tuned, Grayson... if it's successful in my town with just a few customers, I may do a favor for you and come to your town and propose the plan to Pizza Hut. :cool2:

Hi jiro123, thanks for chiming in to my thread. As I said in my first post, I was able to order what I want months ago until the "delivery" option greyed out.

My first thought is that Pizza Hut in Tallahassee disallowed online ordering, making me order by phone. But when I ask my dad to help me with the ordering, my dad told me that Tallahassee's Pizza Hut is having problems with the Internet, but I'm not sure what it is...

Anyway, it turns out most of the posts don't seem to belong well to my thread, adding unnecessary clutter to my thread which I don't care to read it... (no hard feelings to anyone posting here.)

Pizza Hut from my apartment is about ~2.5 miles from home. So, that's ~5 miles total just by walking.

What about using another company?

Hi jiro123, thanks for chiming in to my thread. As I said in my first post, I was able to order what I want months ago until the "delivery" option greyed out.

My first thought is that Pizza Hut in Tallahassee disallowed online ordering, making me order by phone. But when I ask my dad to help me with the ordering, my dad told me that Tallahassee's Pizza Hut is having problems with the Internet, but I'm not sure what it is...

Anyway, it turns out most of the posts don't seem to belong well to my thread, adding unnecessary clutter to my thread which I don't care to read it... (no hard feelings to anyone posting here.)

Pizza Hut from my apartment is about ~2.5 miles from home. So, that's ~5 miles total just by walking.

hhmm... yea but it is fishy if they take too long to fix it. Maybe not enough people use its online ordering system.. or maybe it had handful of pranks. hopefully they get it back up soon.

Thanks lilylover72 for letting me know it works in your area.

@jiro123, that seems to be a concerm to me. I could probably do a survey on customers of Pizza Hut in Tallahassee to determine if they have used online ordering before, but I think it's inapproperate to knock in everyone's front doors just to ask a simple question... :(

I really do hope the online ordering comes back online probably before July, 4; if not, I may have to use a relay service but not to explain relay.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Thanks shel90 for letting me know it works in your area.

@jiro123, that seems to be a concerm to me. I could probably do a survey on customers of Pizza Hut in Tallahassee to determine if they have used online ordering before, but I think it's inapproperate to knock in everyone's front doors just to ask a simple question... :(

I really do hope the online ordering comes back online probably before July, 4; if not, I may have to use a relay service but not to explain relay.

Thanks! :)

:confused: I didnt say that it works in my area...all I suggested trying a different pizza chain instead of Pizza Hut. Smile

of having trouble with a conversation over the phone.
Yeah, but I thought that your speech issues were mild. Do you have an anxiety disorder or something?
What if you programmed the text to speech feature on your computer to do a call?

Try talking to management and let them know that you utilize relay to make an order and that your calls are not scams. Perhaps they can let their employees know about you. Make it simple, but no matter how hard you try, no solution is fail safe. Something along the way can go wrong, but not usually. Also, see if other nearby restaurants can deliver beyond their serving area, you might have to pay a fee. If you want it, do whatever it takes. I've ordered some unusual things in front of people and we get amused from it. Good luck!

Yeah, but I thought that your speech issues were mild. Do you have an anxiety disorder or something?
What if you programmed the text to speech feature on your computer to do a call?

I do have hearing and speech issues over the phone. I'm not sure if I have anxiety disorder. As for text-to-speech, I think that'd be very complicated as I don't have a device that comes out of sound card to a telephone and then from telephone back to speakers. This might sound pretty weird, as they might be thinking that I'm using text-to-speech... It may take weeks for testing...

Try talking to management and let them know that you utilize relay to make an order and that your calls are not scams. Perhaps they can let their employees know about you. Make it simple, but no matter how hard you try, no solution is fail safe. Something along the way can go wrong, but not usually. Also, see if other nearby restaurants can deliver beyond their serving area, you might have to pay a fee. If you want it, do whatever it takes. I've ordered some unusual things in front of people and we get amused from it. Good luck!

Okay, I might want to try relay first if online ordering is not working. If not, I guess I'll have to have someone (my dad, for example) to handle it for me, as taking a bus can be too much of a delay.

Back