Breastfeeding at 8 years old ???

Some been told that have breastfeeding help the mother to lose her some weight.

Fact, Eskimos gave breastfeed for 7 years. So, why not?

Except when it is physically impossible (which is exceedingly rare) or when the child or mother's health would make it a bad idea. For example, my best friend is severly mentally ill. She is able to wean off her meds when she is pregnant (because the hormones stablize her brain chemistry) but as soon as she gives birth she cracks and has to go back on meds. She has never been able to nurse because of the medication. She shouldn't feel guilty, she tries everytime, but she has a medical reason that she can't.

Or if the mother is HIV+ and the child isn't.

Seriously....doesn't this fall under sexual abuse/molestation/incest at 8 years old to be continually breastfeeding from the mother???

It does bother me when society forces breastfeeding mothers to nurse in bathrooms or other hidden places. We don't eat in bathrooms so why should babies be nursed in the unsanitary bathroom? It also bothers me when other nursing mothers impose their opinions on other mothers that bottle-feed their babies. Bottle-fed babies are just as bright and smart as breast-fed babies.

I don't like the whole "It wasn't right for our family so I didn't try" line. It is best for your baby, so do it. You are the parent, suck it up and do the work for the best for your child.

I pumped everyday, 8 times a day for 14 months so she could have my breastmilk. I had the cons of bottle feeding and nursing! I had to spend 15-20 minutes every 3 hours pumping and then feed the baby! It sucked, but it was best for my child so I did it. I think women who conciously choose not to breastfeed should feel guilty, they are depriving their child of something important.

You sound like a breastfeeding nazi. And the lower post from you stating that it is extremely rare a woman get so ill she can not breatfeed? OMG, plaaaeeze. :roll:

I guess my kids will never be as smart as those who breastfed. And we may as well start telling the world that the way to combat these so called "brain" deficiency's is to f'ing breastfeed. I am sick of hearing about how breastfeeding is soooo good for the baby because it promotes intelligence....

edited to add: maybe you might want to start a study on all the autistic 2 year olds to see if they breastfed or not.

Last edited:
You sound like a breastfeeding nazi. And the lower post from you stating that it is extremely rare a woman get so ill she can not breatfeed? OMG, plaaaeeze. :roll:

I guess my kids will never be as smart as those who breastfed. And we may as well start telling the world that the way to combat these so called "brain" deficiency's is to f'ing breastfeed. I am sick of hearing about how breastfeeding is soooo good for the baby because it promotes intelligence....

edited to add: maybe you might want to start a study on all the autistic 2 year olds to see if they breastfed or not.

:gpost:

I was born full term, but underweight due to my Mother's eating disorder. I was also born with a birth defect that we are now finding out is primarily caused by inadequate folic acid in the diet. Again, eating disordered related in her case.

As it was, I was bottle fed and I did fine on formula. My Mother also got pregnant again 3.5 yrs later and my sister was barely normal weight at birth. She also was not breast fed and she did fine.

Situations like these are not exceedingly rare. They happen and women should not be made to feel like crap for not breast feeding their child. Bottle fed babies do just as well as their breast-fed counterparts. :roll:

It does bother me when society forces breastfeeding mothers to nurse in bathrooms or other hidden places. We don't eat in bathrooms so why should babies be nursed in the unsanitary bathroom? It also bothers me when other nursing mothers impose their opinions on other mothers that bottle-feed their babies. Bottle-fed babies are just as bright and smart as breast-fed babies.

:gpost: :gpost:

Everyone is entitled to raise their kids however they want and nobody should butt in.

:gpost:

I was born full term, but underweight due to my Mother's eating disorder. I was also born with a birth defect that we are now finding out is primarily caused by inadequate folic acid in the diet. Again, eating disordered related in her case.

As it was, I was bottle fed and I did fine on formula. My Mother also got pregnant again 3.5 yrs later and my sister was barely normal weight at birth. She also was not breast fed and she did fine.

Situations like these are not exceedingly rare. They happen and women should not be made to feel like crap for not breast feeding their child. Bottle fed babies do just as well as their breast-fed counterparts. :roll:

Yep, I am one of them and I think I turned out just fine! :D

But... but.. aside from the argument bottle-fed vs breastfeeding, everyone here thinks that this woman breastfeeding her 8 year old daughter is messed up, right?

But... but.. aside from the argument bottle-fed vs breastfeeding, everyone here thinks that this woman breastfeeding her 8 year old daughter is messed up, right?

Oh yes!

And no one was able to answer my question:

Or if the mother is HIV+ and the child isn't.

Seriously....doesn't this fall under sexual abuse/molestation/incest at 8 years old to be continually breastfeeding from the mother???

What bothered me the most was that she got it videotaped and put it on utube. It seems more disturbing than the 8 year old feeding off from her. I had to turn it off before it ended cuz the expression on the mother's face was creepy. Why show it to the world? Trying to educate us or what?

Read the comments made by the general public. Many people are in agreement with us.

Yes, it is weird and I think it would be a form of molestation b/c the kid's sexuality is in formation stages....

That kid probably loves boobs and will for the rest of the life. Possibly early stage of lesbian?

Did she say when she will stop doing that? I am trying to find out.

Considering stories of older women in sexual relationships with their students, I wouldn't be surprised to find out if the woman is turned on by doing this.

Back