All about electric cars!

Im not here to tell you that you are wrong. I understand your desire to support fuel efficient. I personally am all for fuel efficient, and I am not leaving convenience out, as it will always be part of our everyday lives. Gasoline vehicles has been one of most convenient vehicles, and it has proved since 1906. Electric is not most convenient because it has its limitations. Now you see why I see Hydrogen is better choice and should invest in that path. Plus, I predict that Hydrogen fuel cell will solve the drought problems in some areas. Howcome? They emit pure water vapor and it has to come back down anyway.

Like I said the range and cost for the hydrogen vehicles is no better than a electric car. People buy gasoline cars since 1906 because they're cheaper but gasoline engines have been always never been energy efficient, they are about 15-20% into energy and most of it wasted to heat. Electric motors are much more efficient in power usage. Hydrogen cars, I have no idea how efficient they are compared to gasoline counterparts.

We shall see in the few years to a decade to see what happens. :)

Let me clarify this, Hydrogen fuel cell vehicle and all Electric vehicle both has same motor that turns the powertrain. It is how it is refuel is what the difference are.

Electric, you need to plug in and wait hours before it gets fully recharged, verses Hydrogen you just refuel almost same way as gasoline. That is part why I see potential with Hydrogen. Other advantage with Hydrogen is that no need to build more power plants.

Like I said the range and cost for the hydrogen vehicles is no better than a electric car. People buy gasoline cars since 1906 because they're cheaper but gasoline engines have been always never been energy efficient, they are about 15-20% into energy and most of it wasted to heat. Electric motors are much more efficient in power usage. Hydrogen cars, I have no idea how efficient they are compared to gasoline counterparts.

We shall see in the few years to a decade to see what happens. :)

Let me clarify this, Hydrogen fuel cell vehicle and all Electric vehicle both has same motor that turns the powertrain. It is how it is refuel is what the difference are.

Electric, you need to plug in and wait hours before it gets fully recharged, verses Hydrogen you just refuel almost same way as gasoline. That is part why I see potential with Hydrogen. Other advantage with Hydrogen is that no need to build more power plants.

Oh, there's hydrogen powered ICE. I didn't know about hydrogen powering a electric motor. How is that possible since electric motor doesn't run on hydrogen.

Um, that's what battery recycling is for. Haven't you heard of recycling rechargeable batteries? How sad.

Recycling batteries cost money, more labor, and still pollinates. Also other con about using pure electric car in some area, electric could be generated by coal plants. Kinda indirect, but still people will be charging their cars at home coming from coal plant. I think thats kinda silly. It will be VERY hard to convince me that electric car is best way to solve environment/resource crisis without better energy storage technology, power supplier, and electric grid.

Hydrogen is VERY easy to collect and is renewable source of energy. Once they get all mass production of hydrogen figured out, it'll be extremely cheap. Like I said, they have really high potential energy per mass unit, thats means more room for fuel.

I can see so many pros in hydrogen cars compared to other type of cars.

Recycling batteries cost money, more labor, and still pollinates. Also other con about using pure electric car in some area, electric could be generated by coal plants. Kinda indirect, but still people will be charging their cars at home coming from coal plant. I think thats kinda silly.

It will be VERY hard to convince me that electric car is best way to solve environment/resource crisis without better energy storage technology, power supplier, and electric grid.

Hydrogen is VERY easy to collect and is renewable source of energy. Once they get all mass production of hydrogen figured out, it'll be extremely cheap. Like I said, they have really high potential energy per mass unit, that mean it can be used for other applications.

Not just coal plants. Nuclear, solar, wind, hydro, etc. It's still better than million of cars spewing pollution in the air versus only a few power plants.

If hydrogen is very easy to get, why do you need to have electrocyclis process to make hydrogen which requires LOT of energy to make that. You can't do it on your own without expensive equipment.

Whatever happened to the Toyota hydrogen powered car? It was a prototype few years ago and nothing happened.

Ok, here is the idea, Fuel cell acts pretty much same as rechargeable batteries. The difference is that in fuel cell, is that hydrogen is feed into chamber, with electrolyte plates and it react when meet the oxygen, thus produce electric current that gives energy to electric motor.

Oh, there's hydrogen powered ICE. I didn't know about hydrogen powering a electric motor. How is that possible since electric motor doesn't run on hydrogen.

That is because hydrogen can be reused again and again and again. There is no carbon to burn hydrogen. That is why I can see how it can become cheaper over time. One possible is using solar energy to create Hydrogen. We got millions of square mile in desert which has plenty of sunshine. Need to bring in water to separate Hydrogen from Oxygen. Don't worry, they will mate back together when going though fuel cell. On other hand, Rechargeable batteries don't have that ability to indefinitely reuse, it will eventually die and have to go somewhere and the strings are dangerous chemicals.

If hydrogen is very easy to get, why do you need to have electrocyclis process to make hydrogen which requires LOT of energy to make that. You can't do it on your own without expensive equipment.

Not just coal plants. Nuclear, solar, wind, hydro, etc. It's still better than million of cars spewing pollution in the air versus only a few power plants.

Whatever happened to the Toyota hydrogen powered car? It was a prototype few years ago and nothing happened.

That why I said "some area", I know that there is different type of power plants. I am just stating the worst case scenario.

I am aware of electrolysis method, but theres so many different way to collect hydrogen; mechanically, chemically, and biologically. Easiest way could be just fill up stagnant water with algae and it will start producing hydrogen. The problem is, mass producing enough hydrogen to match the demand of gasoline.

People have been working on energy storage technology so much longer than hydrogen technology. So, hydrogen technology is still very primitive when compared.

Ok, here is the idea, Fuel cell acts pretty much same as rechargeable batteries. The difference is that in fuel cell, is that hydrogen is feed into chamber, with electrolyte plates and it react when meet the oxygen, thus produce electric current that gives energy to electric motor.

I get the picture. I can't find information about hydrogen powered electric cars on the web. I only found ICE powered by hydrogen, weird. That sounds interesting about hydrogen powering a electric car...hmmm

That why I said "some area", I know that there is different type of power plants. I am just stating the worst case scenario.

I am aware of electrolysis method, but theres so many different way to collect hydrogen; mechanically, chemically, and biologically. Easiest way could be just fill up stagnant water with algae and it will start producing hydrogen.

People have been working on energy storage technology so much longer than hydrogen technology. So, hydrogen technology is still very primitive.

Yeah, I can see hydrogen technology is sort of new to us. I think the hydrogen powering a electric motor sounds pretty cool and lot less waste than the battery powered ones.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySr1g0Zidws&feature=related]HHO Hydrogen Fuel Cell - YouTube[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2vZ9o_0WyA&feature=related[/ame]

Im trying to find a good animation for you to understand this cool fuel cell.

If the car has a reserve tank to carry the water that was used up from the process, would be cool to use for dry climates as long the minerals are added.

Yeah, I can see hydrogen technology is sort of new to us. I think the hydrogen powering a electric motor sounds pretty cool and lot less waste than the battery powered ones.

Yup I agree, I think its most awesome technology nowadays.

Also one more thing I forgot to mention, weight of batteries is crazy. The more weight, the more power it requires. Hydrogen is lightest element, so cant go any lighter I think.

If the car has a reserve tank to carry the water that was used up from the process, would be cool to use for dry climates as long the minerals are added.

Very innovative idea! Never thought of that before.

Hmmm, pollinated pond infested algae producing clean H20. :hmm:

Yup I agree, I think its most awesome technology nowadays.

Also one more thing I forgot to mention, weight of batteries is crazy. The more weight, the more power it requires. Hydrogen is lightest element, so cant go any lighter I think.

Yeah, I bet. The batteries in that Nissan Leaf is like 600 lbs, and a compact car weighing 3,400 lbs is crazy! I bet that uses lot of energy to move a heavy little car for sure.

Funny thing, Hydrogen idea is nothing new. It has been around since 1839! Yes, it is 1839 by a physicist that struggling trying to get it work. It is materials used in fuel cell back then isn't successfully. But now, I have seen few Fuel cells in my area. That is because there is research on this one just 40 miles south (GM Fuel cell research center). I have talked with one of RIT employee, himself is Deaf and he dropped his jaw when he sees fuel cell. I think he told me RIT is not interesting in all Electric cars and CNG too. I could be wrong on this one.

Image this, since Fuel cell can produce electricity, instead of using gas powered generator, plug in fuel cell cars and you get power for whole house while power outrage. Cool!

The problem right now is that Hydrogen does freeze at 32 degrees F. That is why it is available only in southern California at this time. :(

Now your talking ;) Fuel cell itself does not weight this much.

Yeah, I bet. The batteries in that Nissan Leaf is like 600 lbs, and a compact car weighing 3,400 lbs is crazy! I bet that uses lot of energy to move a heavy little car for sure.

Funny thing, Hydrogen idea is nothing new. It has been around since 1839! Yes, it is 1839 by a physicist that struggling trying to get it work. It is materials used in fuel cell back then isn't successfully. But now, I have seen few Fuel cells in my area. That is because there is research on this one just 40 miles south (GM Fuel cell research center). I have talked with one of RIT employee, himself is Deaf and he dropped his jaw when he sees fuel cell. I think he told me RIT is not interesting in all Electric cars and CNG too. I could be wrong on this one.

Image this, since Fuel cell can produce electricity, instead of using gas powered generator, plug in fuel cell cars and you get power for whole house while power outrage. Cool!

The problem right now is that Hydrogen does freeze at 32 degrees F. That is why it is available only in southern California at this time. :(

Hmm, I am not aware of hydrogen technology in 1839. Is there any chance you know any physicist's name or university that worked with hydrogen technology in early 1800's? Its sunday, and I want something to read.

Im not misinformed at all, none of them are feasible yet. The only time it will happen is if we run out of oil which is not going to happen anytime soon. Trust me, I have heard that we are running out of oil since when? Its early 70's and 40 years has passed we still see oil flowing. 40 years is long long long time

best to be prepared than be sorry.

Another reason to change as soon as possible is to remove the dependence on foreign oil. Yes, Sequoias, better safe than sorry.

Back