All about diesel power!

I googled the diesel engines, the injector(s) fires fuel into the compression stroke at TDC, seem not do anything with cylinder walls and rings. Only motor oil will lubricate the moving pistons and rings.

Tell that to Jason Thompson | LinkedIn

Diesel Heroes Tsuyoshi Goto And Jason Thompson Photo 1

He is the one who wrote on the DieselPower about "Diesel fuel is a lubricant. Gasoline is a solvent. What would you rather spray on your cylinder?" Yep, I copied his words from his written.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

diehardbiker said:
Yep, that is why they got more gears.

I already know that. :)

Semi trucks with a 11-12 liter 6 inline turbo diesels can reach 1,500 torque at 1,300 rpm or so. The redline is only 2,200 rpm.

Of course. Have you ridden in a semi truck? I have once. It was a cab over international with 9 spd. It had only 330 hp and about 1250 torque. Its pretty slow lol.

look.... sulfur is the lube in diesels. Same with leaded gas we had at one time. Now we have ultra low sulfur diesel due to epa standards and it has less lubricity. Using howse or power service will help with the lost lubricity. If you are using bio-diesel blend, you best better be using power service which disperses water or similar since bio diesel attracts water and it will cause premature pump failures from corrosion.

Diesels engines manufacturers will adapt to these issues, but not anytime soon.

look.... sulfur is the lube in diesels. Same with leaded gas we had at one time. Now we have ultra low sulfur diesel due to epa standards and it has less lubricity. Using howse or power service will help with the lost lubricity. If you are using bio-diesel blend, you best better be using power service which disperses water or similar since bio diesel attracts water and it will cause premature pump failures from corrosion.

I've reading the HD/Fleet forum, some posters (mechanics) who complaint the noisy fuel injection systems on the older trucks with no driveability problems, they were told that the ultra low sulfur diesel causes the fuel injection pumps and injectors noises. Diesel mechanics are not happy with that but to EPA....

Thanks for the information. I am looking for a diesel mechanic and auto repair person for my tow truck and one Volvo bus vagon. I have contacted some local mechanic for the job but they are asking about whole month which I can’t afford, I need someone who can make these 4 wheels run on the road within a week. I am living in Perth area.

This is correct sulfur is the lubricant for diesels. this is also why may use an additive like Diesel Kleen or Howes etc...
The reason diesels last longer than gas engines is they are built with a lot more metal. they weigh about 3x the amount of the same size gasoline engine. Gas engines have about 15% headroom, diesels have about 100% headroom. Another reason you can get a lot more power using aftermarket mods on a diesel than a gasoline engine.

I have a 2001 Ford Excursion Diesel. I use a PHP 6 position chip and I do my own custom tuning. I run between 60 -140 additional HP with tuning and larger exhaust and larger air filter. the 7.3 powerstroke engine was the best diesel Ford ever put in their trucks and the only reason they stopped using it was the EPA and their stupid regulations...

Also on value, my Excursion will sell for about $3000 more than an identical gasoline version so they do have much better resale value..

Back