absent father

BabyPhat21

Reaction score
what is your relationship with your father?
I have no real relationship with mine since he is stuck in France because of customs - long story. but him and my mom talk on the phone all the time, I cant since I am deaf, but I would say a few words on the phone but then my mom takes the phone and talks talks talks.
You cant miss what you never had. I love my mom and she is a strong woman and a big part of my life. I think its better my father is not here, but I have nothing against him. I have seen him few times in France when I got my green card. Please no bashing anyone for each other's opinion.

I'm sorry that your father's stuck in France. I'm sure someday you all will come and live together forever. :)

My relationship with my Dad is much stronger than with my Mom. I feel like I can talk to him about ANYTHING I need to discuss about, even about woman thing. Sometimes I get mad at him for being so ignorant. He gets mad at me sometimes for being silly. :lol:

I know what u mean. I have a strong relationship with my dad. first 20 years, we had a wonderful and bad times through my life. he did a great job of rasing me all my life. But, in the last 6 years, I have been moving to florida from nj, I really missed my father a lot. we have been visiting each other every 6 months for 2 to 4 weeks. He always been sending me cards, you know, holiday, happy birthday, and blah. At least i know he knows and loves me and been there for me.

I understand you have no relationship with yoru father but he stil be there for u like visiting you or sending some card even with gift for u during the years. :cool:

I only just met my father last march we are having a slow relationship its only cuz i haven t fully gotten to know him in my 30 yrs, and i just only finally met him he seems to be a nice man and he has his own judgement of who he is and how he is, i have two siblings a brother and a sister who are also younger than me, im the oldest of ALL of the family, my step dad's family im the oldest and my boilogical dad im the oldest as well, its an intresting thought to be the oldest LOL!

we re taking things slow cuz of just meeting one another and understanding one another as well, there are some things left unsaid but still the slower u take with the family the better u ll understand in life. :)

My relationship with my father is a great one. We always do a lot of things together, and he always helps me out with stuff. Now that I am moving away from home in 3 weeks' time, I know I will see a lot less of my dad, but I know we will keep in touch by computers. My dad is the one in the house who is more modern minded and not judgmental, whereas I have a terrible relationship with my mum. My mum constantly complains about stuff, and whines a lot. Boah... Usually I tell dad things and not tell my mum at all.

Well.. I was close to my father when i was little girl right now i am not cuz he still think i am his little girl .

my relationship with my dad when he was still alive was VERY stormy -- we fought alot was not a good relationship at all due to us having different POV's in life and quite the same personalities -- us being VERY headstrong and outspoken

my relationship with mom has never been *close* to begin with but since dad's death its become better cuz theres no more arguments where mom always had to step in and get in the middle between me and dad

I am very close to my dad than my mom cuz he keeps it to himself unlike my mom is blabbing to our family members about me. blah. I don't trust my mom sometimes.

He understands what I went through and supports what I am doing, etc. I love my dad. :ily:

LOL i dont blamecha Oddball -- i have the same trouble with my mom too :roll: mothers it seems likes to BLABBBBBBIE to everybody else in the family abt their kid(s) even those that are considered private and yet it gets OUT :mad2:

My dad and I fought ALOT when I was growing up. I would have told anyone I hated him for years. When I moved out the first time, I started realizing how much I'm like him (something everyone else in the family's told me my entire life.) The funny thing is that in the past 2 years I've been home, I've seen even more things I have in common with my dad- like when I very first moved home, I noticed how we'll make the same jokes about things. Someone will tell a story and we'll both add in the same "punch line". It makes my mom crazy. My dad and I are SOOOO close now that people get annoyed because I absolutely LOVE going out with him for any reason. I've actually cancelled plans to hang out with my dad. He's a Vietnam Vetran and I know ALL of the stories he's willing to tell me and I make him tell them over and over and over nonetheless. I'm not above saying "Daddy, tell me about the time that blah blah blah (insert the entire story here" and then insist he tell it anyway LOL

He's very old-fashioned and set in his ways, and we do argue, but I wouldn't trade him for the world. When i move in a few weeks, I'll miss him more than anyone else up here- including my friends. I'm a Daddy's Girl, and proud of it.

I was my daddy's girl, we have strong bonds. Suddenly his health fell steep and died.. Still working on my grieve.. He died 15 years ago and still.. miss him..
:)

I don't have any close relationship with my father, he was never around in all my life..I first met him when I was 9, then he disappeared then reappeared into my life when I was 13.. He is an alcoholic, so I don't want to be around him with his alcohol problem, and I don't want my kids to be around that. I was raised by my grandparents, (my mom's stepdad and mom) I am close to my grandmother, but more closer to my grandfather, I keep in touch with both of them almost everyday and I try to visit them as often as I can and try to have my kids see them often too

My real father is pushing up daisies. My relationship with my step-father is so-so.

with my real father, never had. Rather not. With stepfather who I basically grew up with... never had one but only a stranger to the house. My mom's boyfriend right now, good relationship. We're taking it slow and he had taught me few things already. I am still trying to get over by calling his name and change it to Dad. I want him to be called Dad because I think of him as a father and not mom's boyfriend. All the fathers before the guy who currently live with me wasn't a father at all. I am very pleased with my relationship and is very happy with him right now. :) Very glad that my mother had choosed the right guy to be in our lives.

Stuck in France? What happened? Sorry to hear that. Hope things work out soon. I don't really do much with my father either. He's extremely religious so it's hard to find something that we would both enjoy. He likes epic movies like Braveheart, Godfather, or Ten Commandments. He also hates bad movies like There's Something About Mary and Me, Myself, & Irene. He and my mom walked out on those movies. My dad also gives 5-minute prayers every time we eat. Yes, that includes places like McDonalds and Taco Bell! Argh!

My father and I have a pretty good solid relationship. I was his little girl when growing up. We do everything together such as playing softball, hunting for mushrooms, seeing the foxes in the woods, play with our dog, go fishing and ice-fishing as well. HE always take me to the ball games and ocassionaly football games. We have that kind of special bond but when I was in high school going on to college, that sorta of changed. I am a grownup woman and my father hates it. heh, I guess he wished that i was still a tomboyish little girl of his.. He still cares about me and we still keep in touch, always.

Back