absent father

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
what is your relationship with your father?
I have no real relationship with mine since he is stuck in France because of customs - long story. but him and my mom talk on the phone all the time, I cant since I am deaf, but I would say a few words on the phone but then my mom takes the phone and talks talks talks.
You cant miss what you never had. I love my mom and she is a strong woman and a big part of my life. I think its better my father is not here, but I have nothing against him. I have seen him few times in France when I got my green card. Please no bashing anyone for each other's opinion.

My father and I had a somewhat stormy relationship when I was growing up -- it was due to my attitude towards being deaf, I hated being deaf at first...during my first 18 years. Once I grew up, my relationship with dad grew stronger and I realised that I was very like him -- stubborn, headstrong, softhearted when someone needed help, etc. Didn't express feelings that much.

We'd play card games together, even smoked pot together (it was for medical purposes for Dad -- to suppress pain and help him eat a bit more)...went fishing, camping.
Dad passed away 6 years ago -- a week after my 26th b'day from Colon Cancer. I miss him, still.

As for Mum -- our relationship improved after Dad died -- I was never close to Mum, but after Dad died, we knew life was too short to be picky, so we've forged a good relationship. :)

I dont have one, my dad's an alcoholic, so we fight alot. So I dont see him at all. His drinking has gotten alot worse ever since my niece died few weeks ago :(

good thing you don't see him because he would've caused alot of trouble around you and you might've been in serious injury or something like that...

alchol always drive ppl crazy eh?

Originally posted by Steel
good thing you don't see him because he would've caused alot of trouble around you and you might've been in serious injury or something like that...

alchol always drive ppl crazy eh?

I have already been in serious injuries because of his drinking. He's an asshole who doesnt give shit about anything but his drinking. But I'd have to say he started caring more after Michaela died.

Back